The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

Im reading thru this right now..everybody, lower your expectations. Ruckus sounds forced and off cause its a different dude. Toms wife is different too. She was a lot of characters actually
their names are in the credits

Ugggg I'm gon have to hear all this moanin for every episode.
probably not.. if the next episode or 2 isnt that good, people will just stop watching
except the people who actually watched from the beginning
maybe the bandwagon fans stop watching
i've watched from the beginning.. with mcgruder gone, i dont consider it the same show..

same characters, but not the same vision (didnt/dont expect it to be as deep).. but i just hope the show will at least still be entertaining

I still have a feeling that Aaron wrote some of this season, then when him and the execs had a falling out they brought in new writers to finish the season and re-write some of this stuff.

S4 been in production for a long time, probably since like 2012, so I doubt he had absolutely zero to do with it.

Because the voice actors, who are all cool with Aaron, didn't protest at all.

I'm sure their will be some absolute hits this season. S3 was a let down from S2 too, so who knows.

Next week's episode sounds hilarious though :lol:

Last edited:
I still have a feeling that Aaron wrote some of this season, then when him and the execs had a falling out they brought in new writers to finish the season and re-write some of this stuff.

S4 been in production for a long time, probably since like 2012, so I doubt he had absolutely zero to do with it.

I'm sure their will be some absolute hits this season. S3 was a let down from S2 too, so who knows
like a chappelle did in his show... As far as production i remember a podcast he mentioned working on it late '11.. and he did produce put out a promo with peeks to a few episodes..

I never saw them so i dont know if they used the few he started working on and just built off of those. Took the ideas things he was working on and actually made episodes from them or just completely scraped all the work he did and decided to produce their own.

He hasnt said and spoke on it. And if those promo sneak episodes were made into full episodes will we see them this season? Will they be released as extra on a dvd set?

The satire is on point, the funnies just wasn't there.

I was really excited the first few minutes watching, and then had a bad feeling the hilarity wasn't going to get any better.

Still a good episode. Let's just hope this is one of the weaker episodes of the season. I'll have to watch it again.
Show me proof that he wrote or co wrote every show

:stoneface: :lol: Here have fun
Ok I was wrong

:lol:

Last edited:
Isn't a bit of a reach to put a ___ in a tank top and skirt next to someone just wearing a long sleeve shirt and rolled up shorts? :lol:

Outside of Rocky's garden tool-esque pose, son isn't wearing anything weird.

Last edited:
Rocky has worn a dress though.

But Young Thug sets the bar for suspect behavior in the rap world

Last edited:
Isn't a bit of a reach to put a ___ in a tank top and skirt next to someone just wearing a long sleeve shirt and rolled up shorts? :lol:

Outside of Rocky's garden tool-esque pose, son isn't wearing anything weird.

They're comparing the purse/man bag

I watched the whole thing, it wasn't that bad. In fact, it was on par with previous episodes. Someone said that the animation was different, it seems the same to me. Idk, I guess people want to nitpick, so far so good to me. 

I enjoyed last night's episode, glad to see the boondocks are back, can't wait to see more episodes that involve Riley. 4 year wait!!

eps was good. will continue to watch. added more facial expressions animation wise, but nothing too different.

Last edited:
I loved the way the episodes had a deeper meaning than what most could see on the surface. Arron is a great writer I hate to see him give his baby away for some funds and new business ventures. It was only episode one, and it was cool to see a new Boondocks episode, but it was just meh. Next episode will be a great one to judge since its going to be straight Freeman mode.

First episode was good too. I know this season will get better each episode .  
smile.gif

Episode was solid... Made me happy to watch it, so that's the goal... Loved the Run the Jewels beat in the preview for next week's...

Watched the episode on AdultSwim.com since i fell asleep Monday night. It was cool. A few laughs hee and there, pretty solid. Can't wait for next week

i've watched from the beginning.. with mcgruder gone, i dont consider it the same show..

same characters, but not the same vision (didnt/dont expect it to be as deep).. but i just hope the show will at least still be entertaining
Started re-watching the Boondocks from Season 1 yesterday and tonight I'm back on the Christmas episode. Huey said
 Do what you have to do, just take my name off of it. It won't be my vision.
Powerful little quote right there in relation to the whole situation 

Back
Top Bottom