The College Basketball Post

Quade is transferring...wonder if cal blocks him anywhere or free to any place
Phew. Good for Quade. He needs to get somewhere that runs a system that can hide his lack of quickness so he can stay on the floor. Hope he can reach his personal goals. A Cal coached team is a terrible fit for a player like Quade. He just refuses to make adjustments if you can’t guard your man one on one, especially if there are more athletic option ready to come in.

Maybe Baker gets those minutes now.

Think either of those would offer? Athletically he is barely mid-major, if that. As a playmaker he's limited. Doesn't posses size or footspeed. He's won like four state championships in high school so he can hold his own on his level.

Hopkins recruited him while at Syracuse and I think he was close to committing before cal snatched him up.

As for his ability, I don't know much about him so I can't comment

Hopkins recruited him while at Syracuse and I think he was close to committing before cal snatched him up.

As for his ability, I don't know much about him so I can't comment
He really was exposed on defense. He could be a contributor if there was a shotblocking big behind him to make up for his turnstile defense. UK does not have that currently, so poor perimeter defense is a no-go. Quade can shoot. He turns the ball over and they are bad turnovers that lead to an opposing team's fast break. The kind of stuff that costs you wins. He is not much of a playmaker either. So just imagine a three-point shooter that can't create a shot for himself or anyone else that is a sieve on D.

There are places for spot up shooters in the game today. Hope he finds a spot somewhere. If he makes a bad choice he'll never be heard from again.

Phew. Good for Quade. He needs to get somewhere that runs a system that can hide his lack of quickness so he can stay on the floor. Hope he can reach his personal goals. A Cal coached team is a terrible fit for a player like Quade. He just refuses to make adjustments if you can’t guard your man one on one, especially if there are more athletic option ready to come in.

“He refuses to make adjustments if you can’t guard your man one on one”
That quote sticks with me. If you can’t play defense, there is no adjustment.

“He refuses to make adjustments if you can’t guard your man one on one”
That quote sticks with me. If you can’t play defense, there is no adjustment.
While defense is important some coaches favor offense a bit more. Cal is about defense first. Many years he only taught defense to start the season. The team had learned no real offense even going into the first games of the season. Not sure if he is still doing that. Quade does not have enough footspeed to slide with his man which ends up with him basically turning his body as his man goes past him into the lane. He is that slow. It is hard to watch. I'm not even sure he could fill a spot in a zone.

But like I said some coaches are cool with getting someone in there that they can scheme them some open 3's regardless of how many they are giving up on the other end.

Saw him a couple times per Kentucky and didn’t see how he got there. Kid wasn’t blowing pass high school peers

Saw him a couple times per Kentucky and didn’t see how he got there. Kid wasn’t blowing pass high school peers
He looked out of place in the JB practices. I like to think I can spot talent, but he had me second guessing myself something fierce. Like how the heck did he get the invites to the showcases? I know why Cal offered him a scholly knowing good and well he was not talented enough. The initials are MB.

Back
Top Bottom