The College Basketball Post

I just think it’s funny how must shows today said he didn’t need Duke and the 1 and done rule stinks. They forgot he wasn’t the number 1 guy prior to Duke. RJ was at the top of almost all Mocks. So technically him going to college helped his stock. Not saying he wouldn’t of made money but he wouldn’t of been the number 1 pick

Day-to-day or not. Zion shouldn't put on a Duke uniform again. I'm just struggling to see any possible gain for him from it.

I just think it’s funny how must shows today said he didn’t need Duke and the 1 and done rule stinks. They forgot he wasn’t the number 1 guy prior to Duke. RJ was at the top of almost all Mocks. So technically him going to college helped his stock. Not saying he wouldn’t of made money but he wouldn’t of been the number 1 pick

Depends on the team. RJ was never gonna be number one pick for the Knicks. It ain’t just about the in court product. It’s about butts on seats. Personal opinion of course.

It's amazing the narrative now with the national media....according to them no players whatsoever should 'risk' playing college any longer or high school for that matter.

The beauty of this is that when Zion comes back and plays for Duke this same crowd is going to be "mad" at him, and thus we get to start this all back up again the next morning.

The ESPN stalking of this kid is approaching LeBron levels here soon.

It's amazing the narrative now with the national media....according to them no players whatsoever should 'risk' playing college any longer or high school for that matter.

The beauty of this is that when Zion comes back and plays for Duke this same crowd is going to be "mad" at him, and thus we get to start this all back up again the next morning.

I wouldn't say no players should play college ball but If I had to guess my estimation would be that 98% of these top recruits are not ready for the league fresh out of high school. Whether it be physically, mentally, or the pure fact that their game is just not at a professional level. I do feel that Zion made the right choice going to play college ball because a lot of his critics didn't think his style of play would be able to transfer to the next level. He of course has proved that to not be the case so yes he has benefited from college ball in that respect. With that being said for these generational talents you only see every couple years (Ben Simmons, Zion) there is no reason for them to be playing NCAA basketball the risk greatly outweighs the reward. Once you hit that undisputed #1 pick realm you might as well shut it down.

I wouldn't say no players should play college ball but If I had to guess my estimation would be that 98% of these top recruits are not ready for the league fresh out of high school. Whether it be physically, mentally, or the pure fact that their game is just not at a professional level. I do feel that Zion made the right choice going to play college ball because a lot of his critics didn't think his style of play would be able to transfer to the next level. He of course has proved that to not be the case so yes he has benefited from college ball in that respect. With that being said for these generational talents you only see every couple years (Ben Simmons, Zion) there is no reason for them to be playing NCAA basketball the risk greatly outweighs the reward. Once you hit that undisputed #1 pick realm you might as well shut it down.
Good points.

To me the fact that the NBA still does not have a successful minor league system is just sorta laughable. Although it's obviously better than what it was. Then we could remove NCAA entirely.

Baseball, hockey, soccer etc has it figured out. NBA does not, partly because unlike those sports they are having to figure it out NOW (with unions, agents, media, etc) all circling. The other sports figured this out 100 years ago and now it's just clockwork and no one blinks when a hot shot baseball kid needs to play 3-4 years in the minors to develop and prove his game.

The NBA doesn't want to figure it out... why would these teams/owners risk drafting an 18 year old kid who might end up being a dud, instead of letting them play 1 year in college to see how they fare against other college athletes?

The G-League is the minor league system. They can't make it mirror the MLB system overnight but that's the end goal.

The age limit will be lifted in 2023. The NCAA has 5 years to rake in all the dough they can from the elite freshman.

It’s way past Lebron levels. Lebron ain’t have Twitter and Instagram when he came up.

Good points.

To me the fact that the NBA still does not have a successful minor league system is just sorta laughable. Although it's obviously better than what it was. Then we could remove NCAA entirely.

Baseball, hockey, soccer etc has it figured out. NBA does not, partly because unlike those sports they are having to figure it out NOW (with unions, agents, media, etc) all circling. The other sports figured this out 100 years ago and now it's just clockwork and no one blinks when a hot shot baseball kid needs to play 3-4 years in the minors to develop and prove his game.

Exactly...the G-league is still viewed as a form of punishment and not a developmental league. Let the kids come right out of high school BUT if you choose that option you have to play in the G-League for at least half a year/season before you can be called up. Letting one and done's go directly to pro-ball is better than them playing 1 year of college ball IMO. After that make the kids who do go to school for hoop stay at least two years instead of one. I feel like that would give us the fans a better product which is more experienced teams, and let the players benefit off their talents. But then again it's not about either of those groups at the end of the day.

If I was Jim Boeheim I would take some time off. Similar situation happen to me when a pedestrian ran in front of me and I couldn’t stop in time. The girl was 14 years old and died in front of my eyes. That was 7 years ago and I’m still not right even after therapy sessions. Even though I wasn’t in the wrong it’s just the fact somebody life is gone. Please Jim don’t coach..

Schofield should be mocked higher.

De’Andre Hunter looking assertive today, I like what I’ve seen. The negatives are just that I’m waiting to see him impress as a passer, and he doesn’t seem to always move well without the ball.

I have a chance to go watch Jalen Suggs play tonight and might pass, but will hate myself if he transfers far away next year to like Oak Hill Academy :lol:

Impressive win for LSU with Tremont Waters out sick and Naz Reid struggling throughout the game. First game Waters has missed in his LSU career. Smart and Mays stepped up in a big way offensively.

Vols wasted a great performance by Schofield. Boy was cookin’ today. Surprised Bone had zero assists. He’s Barnes’s newest version of ‘no rattle’ T.J. Ford. Tennessee really got their butts whooped last weekend in Lexington. Cal’s boys came out and punched the Vols right in the mouth, especially Grant Williams, who had a rough go.

Bruh

Where does Leonard Hamilton keep getting these 7FT + bigs?

I mean most of them underachieve, but still lol

Back
Top Bottom