The College Basketball Post

Sheed is OFFICIAL... Need him to stay at least two years.
pimp.gif
Don't think he really has a choice. Undersized and not super athletic. Not sure what NBA scouts would see his ceiling as.

And yea, Plumlee looks good, as expected. Calm down with coming for any #1 spot, though.

I think Duke has been the most impressive team thus far, obviously. Not even December yet, though. I don't feel like they're the most talented team, but they have been straight out-executing teams, just like they did OSU in the 2nd half last night.

Y'all saw Mason coming in and shooting almost 80% from the FT line this year?

This is what's lead to his FLOURISH. The fact that he's knocking down his FT has built confidence in him to be aggressive & assertive. Barring any injury I expect him to EAT all year in route to a lottery selection.

Always thought Mason was underrated in terms of his post play, I remember watching him last year thinking he was primarily a athlete/leaper but he's excellent I think with his back to the basket.

With Plumlee I see it more like you taking an ugly girl and put her in a room with really ugly girls and then that ugly girl all of the sudden becomes attractive.

I wasnt being completely serious about Mason going #1 but has anyone played better than him thus far?

Mason's opening basket that was a turn around j in the post would have been a left handed hook last season. He's gotten more assertive and isnt afraid to get fouled now that he is improved from the line

Or not running your offense through Scrub-Zero?
Attrition at it's finest.

And since when does the fact that someone is playing better than everyone else bear any indication on draft status? Plumlee is playing damn good, but he's not a #1 pick. Should easily be lotto if he keeps this up with these weak draft as well.

Really off topic, but still surprised that Meyers Leonard is playing fairly well right now. He had tools, but he did not look like he gave a damn about basketball at Illinois most nights. I guess Weber really had lost those kids.

I wasnt being completely serious about Mason going #1 but has anyone played better than him thus far?
Mason's opening basket that was a turn around j in the post would have been a left handed hook last season. He's gotten more assertive and isnt afraid to get fouled now that he is improved from the line

I got him solidly in the top 10. He's in that tier 2 of draft prospects.

Tier 1.

Cody
Shabazz
Nerlens
Gobert

Tier 2.

Alex Len.
Mason Plumlee
Archie Goodwin
Dario Saric.

Think Len will be in Tier 1 (barring injury) by the end of the season.

Shabazz is fat and out of shape. Channeling his inner Josh Smith. Gonna be excited to see him once he gets in proper shape

Last edited:
Think Len will be in Tier 1 (barring injury) by the end of the season.
Shabazz is fat and out of shape. Channeling his inner Josh Smith. Gonna be excited to see him once he gets in proper shape

I agree Len is real deal holyfield, but I have a hard time seeing people take him over both Nerlens and Gobert, given the pedigree of both those guys but he could end being just as good or better.

Tier 1 to me is guys who could be the number 1 pick, but I think Len could be as good as any of those guys in terms of performance in the league,

Last edited:
Alex Len is undoubtedly in the first tier at this point...

7'1, 19 years old, runs the floor, fluid athlete and already is developing at a great rate. Obviously you don't want to call #1 pick a few weeks into such a uncertain season with a weak talent field but I might lean toward him at this point.

that WCS > Nerlens BS got shut down pretty quick, huh?

Poythress will be a top 10 pick, at worst.

Young Cats first true road game, tonight... tough place for it.

Nerlens is going to be lights out very soon. You can see it coming. Hell, for all of his 'struggles' he's still out performing any other FR.

Last edited:
Nerlens is going to be lights out very soon. You can see it coming. Hell, for all of his 'struggles' he's still out performing any other FR.

If Anthony Davis played at Illinois last year instead of Kentucky how much would ppl say that Nerlens was struggling?

7'1, 19 years old, runs the floor, fluid athlete and already is developing at a great rate. Obviously you don't want to call #1 pick a few weeks into such a uncertain season with a weak talent field but I might lean toward him at this point.

Exactly. He'll be in the #1 pick convo come draft time me thinks

I was pretty damn close to turning the tv off after halftime, similar to every damn Duke game against a power opponent. Glad they pulled it out though and Rasheed found his game in the 2nd half but I'm not convinced about this team at all. If Ohio State's offense gets run through Deshaun more in the 2nd half they hold onto that lead and win.

We neeeeeeed Marshall to get healthy soon cause our rebounding was atrocious. We got beat on the offensive boards so bad, like nothing I've ever seen before. And they were killing us on that pick and roll. Had no clue how to defend it.

That resume is lookin' girthy right now but people need to stop with the #1 ranking call. IU still looks better than us but it's hard to argue with the wins we've racked up so far.

With all the talk of a weak draft, is Burke, zo, or BJ the first pg taken?

Seems like its the weakest pg pool in a long time

Ennis is a great shooter with his feet set or off the dribble with range out to nba 3, not quite the pure dead eye that pangos, stauskas or even Xavier rathan Mayes are but just a hair below that.
Ennis is an excellent decision maker and really understands the position perfect for college.
I'm giddy thinking about him playing with Roberson, Mccullough, Coleman....

I saw some quotes from Dakari Johnson's mom which insinuated that he would come here if Rakeem or Coleman left? Seemed kinda weird. Acting like he wouldn't get time or something if he came.

I think smart money might be on McCollum.

I remember being pissed thinking he was going to get lost by signing to play for S.R. I remember :smh: because we were recruiting him, this was before we turned the corner in the Kyrie sweepstakes, obviously we got the better PG at the time but I loved Ray's game.

Happy to see he's doing work and getting his light while saving his Pops gig :lol: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom