The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

Hoyas suck

Really, ive never seen the hype especially the past couple of years. There soft as hell
you can't be soft and win the Big East back to back
pimp.gif
That's ours this year.

Awesome, A&M picked up a commitment from Ray Turner (the #144 recruit in the nation according to Rivals) last night at Midnight Madness. That gives us 4 ofthe Rivals Top 150 for 2009
pimp.gif
Big strides for the basketball program...

Originally Posted by RellBettaBlues

Hoyas suck

Really, ive never seen the hype especially the past couple of years. There soft as hell
pimp.gif
That's ours this year.
(Jay-z) PARDON ME I HAD TO LAUGH AT THAT!

laugh.gif
Yall bogus too

Originally Posted by RellBettaBlues

Hoyas suck

pimp.gif
That's ours this year.
(Jay-z) PARDON ME I HAD TO LAUGH AT THAT!

laugh.gif
Yall bogus too
Yea OK

laugh.gif

Stanley Robinson being a dummy opened our door.

yall aint got the brightest bunch on or off the court.

id be surprised at a top 5 finish for cuse

Just to reitterate because I was on my phone when I initially read it...

221.gif
6. Pitt

Update: Levance Fields got hurt again. Fields had surgery over the summer, and that causes concern. Fields has to be healthy for Pitt to be the team projected. The Panthers are solid everywhere else. Sam Young stayed put. DeJuan Blair remained happy and if he's playing loose then the Panthers have a good vibe about themselves. The Panthers have depth, a nasty home court and the experience to make a run to Detroit.

GIRLIE MAN
laugh.gif

yall aint got the brightest bunch on or off the court.

id be surprised at a top 5 finish for cuse
Johnny got off already. But yea we could be in trouble. We have a lot of stupid guys.

And I think we have enough talent to finish anywhere in the top 5, but we could finish in 8th.
laugh.gif

Elijah Johnson to Kansas. (PG -Top 30, 2009)

I guess they're bowing out of the John Wall sweepstakes then. It'd be interesting to see Wall and Favors together for a year at NC State. Sidney Lowemake that happen
nerd.gif

That's leaves KU wit one scholarship for either Cheeks, Snaer, and Henry....I wonder if either Cheek or Snaer commits to them first, how would they find ascholly for Henry.

If there were ever any doubts about who UNC's priority target was from the class of 2010, UNC head coach Roy Williams has definitely made it known. CarolinaBlue.com caught up withBrian Thompson, father of 6-7 WF Roscoe Smith and heupdates subscribers on the recruiting progress of his son.

[table][tr][td]
706669.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore forward Roscoe Smith has emerged as one of the nation's top prospects in the Class of 2010.[/td] [/tr][/table]Smith is a popular guy these days. The long, ultra-athletic wing forward from Walbrook High School has seen head coaches, assistant coaches and countlessmembers of the media at his open gyms in Baltimore.

He claims offers from virtually every high major program across the country, and he could probably attend college anywhere, at any program, in the entireUnited States of America---from UCLA to Florida to any program in the Atlantic Coast Conference or Big East.

The only two hold outs who haven't offered Smith a scholarship yet are Duke and North Carolina. And one of those is about to join the fray.

We asked Thompson if he felt Coach Williams had plans to offer his son.

"I think so, yeah. He's definitely going to offer," he replied. "He's always been saying that Roscoe was his top guy. He said if hewasn't so interested in him, he'd be sending his assistants to come watch him. Roy Williams comes himself to watch Roscoe, so that says a lot. He saidthat he wanted to be the last person that Roscoe sees before the season starts."

"Coach Williams just says that he likes to do things a little differently than some of the other schools out there. He likes to get to know the kid, theparents and develop a relationship," he added.

Thompson also informed CB that Williams had already been up to Walbrook---not once, but twice---already this season. And he says they talk to Williams on aregular basis.

The UNC coach is allowed to call Smith once a month, per NCAA rules, but the recruit and/or family can initiate a call as much as he wants.

"Sometimes you know, they (coaches) can call his high school coach and we can call them back. So we talk on a regular basis," said Thompson.

November 15th is when high school basketball practice starts at Walbrook, and Smith has been working hard on keeping his grades up and preparing for the SAT.In fact, Thompson informed us that his son recently took the PSAT last week, which should be great prep for the real test later this year.

"We just want to make sure that all of his academics are in line and will be ready when he goes to college. He's making a four year commitment, andacademics, as well as the basketball program are important to Roscoe."

UNC invited Smith to attend Midnight Madness on October 24th, but Thompson is not sure whether or not he will be able to make it due to his work schedule.

Stay tuned to CarolinaBlue.com for the latest developments on Roscoe Smith.

SCOUTING NOTES ON ROSCOE SMITH:

---A long and electric athlete, Smith has the ability to finish plays near the rim with explosive authority. He's a respected shooter, particularly frommid-range, and he excels in a fast-paced game where he can utilize his quickness, length and finishing ability. He's an impressive rebounder---particularlyoffensively---where he exerts efforts on the glass and throws his body at the rim drawing fouls.

---We think, defensively, Smith can cover a lot of ground with his athleticism and reach, and will be a particularly good shot-blocker on the perimeter. Theknock on him has been his consistency and he's driven to improve that aspect of his game.

BIG SCOOP

Jonny Flynn figured with the return of Eric Devendorf and Andy Rautins from injuries, he wouldn't have to go the entire game without a breather thisseason.

He was wrong.

Orange coach Jim Boeheim said that backup point guard Scoop Jardine will redshirt this season to rehab a stress fracture in his left leg.

Jardine averaged 5.5 points and 2.5 assists in 19.6 minutes per game last season.

RANDOM NOTES: Charlotte freshman wing Shamarr Bowden is out for the season with a fractured right kneecap suffered in team workouts this pastweek. Bowden led the team in scoring in the three-game preseason trip to Canada. … Virginia announced that junior forward Jamil Tucker (shoulder) and juniorguard Calvin Baker (foot) are sitting out practice. Tucker is expected to go through a couple weeks of rehab while Baker is out indefinitely. … Providence bigman Ray Hall's career is over due to an injury. … Highly touted underclassman Michael Gilchrist took a visit to Rider for Midnight Madness. … Duke'sJon Scheyer, Arizona State's Derek Glasser and UNH's Dane DiLiegro are among those named to the 12-member U.S. team that will compete at the 18thMaccabiah Games in Israel from July 12-23, 2009. … George Mason continued to show it can recruit both locally and out-of-state by receiving a pair ofcommitments. Johnnie Williams is a 6-foot-8 Memphis native who also looked at Oklahoma State, Alabama and BC. The Patriots also got a pledge, according toScout.com's Dave Telep, from Virginia native Luke Hancock, a 6-foot-5 wing who is spending the season at Hargrave. … Syracuse Post-Standard's MikeWaters reported that Syracuse locked up one of the nation's top juniors, 6-foot-8 Baltimore native C.J. Fair. … Telep also broke the news that Kansas got acommitment from Las Vegas point guard Elijah Johnson.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

That's leaves KU wit one scholarship for either Cheeks, Snaer, and Henry....I wonder if either Cheek or Snaer commits to them first, how would they find a scholly for Henry.

imo, it's between Mizzou and FSU for snaer...His AAU coach is pushing him to Mizzou

Syracuse faces a ridiculous 10-game stretch from January into February that will determine its NCAA hopes. Look at this, but just like a horror movie beprepared to avert your eyes, especially if you're an Orange fan: at Georgetown, Jan. 14; vs. Notre Dame, Jan. 17; atPittsburgh,Jan. 19; vs. Louisville, Jan. 25; at Providence, Jan. 29; vs. West Virginia, Feb. 4;at Villanova, Feb. 7; at Connecticut, Feb. 11; vs. Georgetown, Feb. 14; vs. Villanova, Feb. 22.

oh my god

sick.gif

Duke's Jon Scheyer, Arizona State's Derek Glasser and UNH's Dane DiLiegro are among those named to the 12-member U.S. team that will compete at the 18th Maccabiah Games in Israel from July 12-23, 2009. …
my boy derek making moves
pimp.gif

Them boys also got us on 12/20
eek.gif

Gonna be a baaaad start to the new year for the Orange

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

That's leaves KU wit one scholarship for either Cheeks, Snaer, and Henry....I wonder if either Cheek or Snaer commits to them first, how would they find a scholly for Henry.

imo, it's between Mizzou and FSU for snaer...His AAU coach is pushing him to Mizzou

I don't understand why anyone from Cali would want to go to school at Missouri.

Syracuse faces a ridiculous 10-game stretch from January into February that will determine its NCAA hopes. Look at this, but just like a horror movie be prepared to avert your eyes, especially if you're an Orange fan: at Georgetown, Jan. 14; vs. Notre Dame, Jan. 17; at Pittsburgh, Jan. 19; vs. Louisville, Jan. 25; at Providence, Jan. 29; vs. West Virginia, Feb. 4; at Villanova, Feb. 7; at Connecticut, Feb. 11; vs. Georgetown, Feb. 14; vs. Villanova, Feb. 22.

oh my god

sick.gif
No one can say we have a weak schedule at the end of the season.

Scoop's redshirt for an injury is BS. They're prepping him for the trial.

Syracuse faces a ridiculous 10-game stretch from January into February that will determine its NCAA hopes. Look at this, but just like a horror movie be prepared to avert your eyes, especially if you're an Orange fan: at Georgetown, Jan. 14; vs. Notre Dame, Jan. 17; at Pittsburgh, Jan. 19; vs. Louisville, Jan. 25; at Providence, Jan. 29; vs. West Virginia, Feb. 4; at Villanova, Feb. 7; at Connecticut, Feb. 11; vs. Georgetown, Feb. 14; vs. Villanova, Feb. 22.

oh my god
Yea I saw this when I was looking at our schedule.
eek.gif

We SHOULD handle it better then years past. Our best OC game is not Virgina.
laugh.gif

About Scoop. I can honestly say I am glad he is redshirting.

Johnny has to get some breathers this year. More then likely first half. But he will defiantly go full games again.
And I am sure a few will come in those games. But they will try different lineups. Devo, Harris, Rautins, Jackson, Onauku.

Ready for this to start though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom