The College Basketball Post

1CCA927E-ADEE-4E73-BA1E-2E8C7076A9D0.jpeg

giphy.gif

So that was a little easier than I thought. **** that lil Young ***** :lol: still falling short in the tourney, and busting next yr:angry:

977.gif

Catch em on the flipside

He aight on this level tho I guess

Trae Young is Tyus Jones with more range and volume. The clutch gene will hopefully have a chance to be seen

Buzz Williams not walking that door homie , that's a has been program
:lol: did you edit your post. Yeah they said the same thing when Tom crean left and not too many has been programs with a national championship. Either way what's that have to do with anything at all. Then man drops and dropped buckets. And actually their future commits looking nice and their 3 true freshman getting pt look good too in addition this is wojs first class with all his players. Has a completely different system then his predecessors. But go ahead continue to make uninformed blanket statements about something you really don't seem to know much about...... :lol:

Man, what the hell happened to UConn, speaking of has-been programs.

And no, I don’t think Marquette is such a program, but UConn might be . . .

Wasn't pretty lol .. glad to get the W.
Shai doing his thing off the bench...Saw Jerry Tipton and others started throwing his name around as a possible lottery pick...I don't know about that but he's definitely got a chance to play himself in to a possible mid first rounder or maybe better who knows.

:lol: did you edit your post. Yeah they said the same thing when Tom crean left and not too many has been programs with a national championship. Either way what's that have to do with anything at all. Then man drops and dropped buckets. And actually their future commits looking nice and their 3 true freshman getting pt look good too in addition this is wojs first class with all his players. Has a completely different system then his predecessors. But go ahead continue to make uninformed blanket statements about something you really don't seem to know much about...... :lol:

Seen the Golden Eagles play in Maui and against Georgetown . Those short funny looking guards aren't bad , but rebounding could cost you in March

Lenoard Hamilton photo both accurate and hilarious. We always have trouble with them. They played well last night, thought when we got the lead back in the 2nd we would pull it out. They changed it up and went hard to the basket when they needed it to.

I do think it's lame that Teddy Valentine straight turned his back on Joel Berry to ignore him. Berry wasn't being demonstrative or anything. Low rent by the official imo, even if the call was right (don't know that it was, didn't see the replay)

Seen the Golden Eagles play in Maui and against Georgetown . Those short funny looking guards aren't bad , but rebounding could cost you in March
It will definitely cost them. They did just get Harry Froling back after sitting out due to his transfer tho. Hes a nice big body who can do some things on the glass hopefully. We'll see tho. Def a more entertaining team then legitimate anything else at this point so far. They took xavier right down to the end and got a huge game sat vs Villanova

You think UConn might be a has-been program, but Marquette isn't? Wow.
Relative to where they’re coming from, possibly. If you want to call Marquette a has-been because they were really good in the 70s then go for it. They’ve had solid periods since, but it’s not like anyone would consider them a perennial top ten program or anything like that. It’s not hard to see them again reaching their “level” of the past few decades, even after a couple of down years - maybe “never-was” is too harsh, but to be a has-been you have to have been somewhere in the first place. Making the sweet 16 every few years is attainable for a ton of schools, including Marquette.

But UConn came from basically nowhere in the late 80s, had a tremendous 25 year run, and has just fallen off a cliff. They’ve joined a a lower profile conference, and it seems fair to question if they’ll be able to make national noise again like they once did on a consistent basis. At least at the level of expectation they created with their previous success.

Basically, it’s easier for me to see Marquette competing for sweet 16s and elite 8s than it is for me to see UConn competing for national championships going forward. Not apples and oranges, but that’s where I was coming from with the original comment.

Back
Top Bottom