The College Basketball Post

It will definitely cost them. They did just get Harry Froling back after sitting out due to his transfer tho. Hes a nice big body who can do some things on the glass hopefully. We'll see tho. Def a more entertaining team then legitimate anything else at this point so far. They took xavier right down to the end and got a huge game sat vs Villanova
I’m far from sold on Wojo. He’s been there long enough to have his own players. All they do is shoot threes. They made 14 threes against Xavier and still lost.

I’m far from sold on Wojo. He’s been there long enough to have his own players. All they do is shoot threes. They made 14 threes against Xavier and still lost.

I completely agree. Are u from the area?

Relative to where they’re coming from, possibly. If you want to call Marquette a has-been because they were really good in the 70s then go for it. They’ve had solid periods since, but it’s not like anyone would consider them a perennial top ten program or anything like that. It’s not hard to see them again reaching their “level” of the past few decades, even after a couple of down years - maybe “never-was” is too harsh, but to be a has-been you have to have been somewhere in the first place. Making the sweet 16 every few years is attainable for a ton of schools, including Marquette.

But UConn came from basically nowhere in the late 80s, had a tremendous 25 year run, and has just fallen off a cliff. They’ve joined a a lower profile conference, and it seems fair to question if they’ll be able to make national noise again like they once did on a consistent basis. At least at the level of expectation they created with their previous success.

Basically, it’s easier for me to see Marquette competing for sweet 16s and elite 8s than it is for me to see UConn competing for national championships going forward. Not apples and oranges, but that’s where I was coming from with the original comment.

Not sure I agree but that’s fair. Then what are your thoughts on Indiana and UCLA?

Not sure I agree but that’s fair. Then what are your thoughts on Indiana and UCLA?
Perennially disappointing? But both have bounced back multiple times from down periods to be contenders.

Tough to come up with a comp for where UConn is or seems to be heading. St. John’s and Georgetown are similar to Marquette. In a fictional scenario, Arizona if Miller left and they got bounced to the mountain west or something like that? Gonzaga if Few leaves and they have a couple down years? But UConns run was way better than all of those guys ever had.

A program with 4 titles in 14 or 15 years shouldn’t find itself where they are. it’s a place that had zero success forever, massive success under one coach, and has gone back to mediocrity.

Really like this MSU team. Play tough defense. Physical. Depth. Shooters. Might be Izzo’s best team he has ever had from a talent standpoint.

Especially if McQuaid continues playing well. He and Langford need to make sure at least one of them is "on" each game.

JJJ is just an immense talent. He's still so young, but potential is huge for him. I could see him becoming an all star level NBA player in a few years.

7192E8F8-0052-4ABC-868F-BAF654546060.jpeg
4A07D472-69C6-45D8-AE9F-588937E06A05.jpeg
Especially if McQuaid continues playing well. He and Langford need to make sure at least one of them is "on" each game.

JJJ is just an immense talent. He's still so young, but potential is huge for him. I could see him becoming an all star level NBA player in a few years.

Wife and family all went to MSU so I’m a fan as long as they aren’t playing KU. Even before that I was a fan of Izzo. No matter the talent level he gets his guys to play TOUGH basketball.

Was telling all of the inlaws that Jaron is going to be the reason why the whole family is going to be meeting up at the Riverwalk in April.

Game was unfair tonight man :lol:

We have no depth with both Jackson and Bender out for the year. Frontcourt was getting torn up.

Game was unfair tonight man :lol:

We have no depth with both Jackson and Bender out for the year. Frontcourt was getting torn up.

I know. Injuries suck, damn near had MSU missing the tournament last season. Once your bigs got into foul trouble it was game over.

Maryland hung tough for most of the first half though. Still think they're a top5 team in the B1G

I know. Injuries suck, damn near had MSU missing the tournament last season. Once your bigs got into foul trouble it was game over.

Maryland hung tough for most of the first half though. Still think they're a top5 team in the B1G
We're going to have a tough time winning anything on the road. Looking forward to next year at this point.

All our QBs got injured in football, and now we have key injuries in basketball too. 2017-18 Maryland athletics washed.

We're going to have a tough time winning anything on the road. Looking forward to next year at this point.

All our QBs got injured in football, and now we have key injuries in basketball too. 2017-18 Maryland athletics washed.

Didn't they have like a Safety playing QB their last year in the ACC?

If Reggie Lynch is done for MN, what is your top 5 in B1G?

MSU, Purdue....... ???

If Reggie Lynch is done for MN, what is your top 5 in B1G?

MSU, Purdue....... ???

Not even really sure. Probably Michigan 3rd? Maryland used to be 3rd, but they're gonna have an uphill battle for the rest of the season after losing a couple players. Ohio State is an enigma... look good at times, look terrible at others. Penn State similar.

Minnesota probably still top-5 though, as they have a pretty good group of players even without Lynch.

Not even really sure. Probably Michigan 3rd? Maryland used to be 3rd, but they're gonna have an uphill battle for the rest of the season after losing a couple players. Ohio State is an enigma... look good at times, look terrible at others. Penn State similar.

Minnesota probably still top-5 though, as they have a pretty good group of players even without Lynch.
Wisconsin will be there well because it's wisconsin :lol: really I can only hope. Injuries have been terrible so far. Looks like the streak is in jeopardy unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom