The College Basketball Post

Coach K gets credit for making Duke a powerhouse, Same can be said about Jim Calhoun.

Literally became a fan because of him, Ray and Donyell Marshall :pimp: :pimp:

LSU football might be the only other program that guarantees a championship for its head coaches like that, but I think Brian Kelly breaks the trend for them.

Did Les ever win one? I remember he got there with Jefferson but they lost to Bama

LSU football might be the only other program that guarantees a championship for its head coaches like that, but I think Brian Kelly breaks the trend for them.
Ehh they weren't great before Saban got there. The 2007 title was a carryover from what Saban built and the Burrow one was lighting in a bottle and O was fired shortly after.

20240408_231837.jpg

Fair play to him, left it all out there on the court tonight. Just ran up against a buzzsaw and was basically alone.

Hell of a college career too, hope he gets a shot at the next level cause he wasn't able to capitalize at all on his college career with the NIL rules for non-Americans :smh:

Damn they can’t get in on the NIL cash??? That’s all sorts of ****ed up.

shout out to Dan Hurley, if you from NJ and you know about how serious college basketball was in the early 2000s you knew he was one of the pioneers for that in Newark NJ. The hood loved him lmao

Ehh they weren't great before Saban got there. The 2007 title was a carryover from what Saban built and the Burrow one was lighting in a bottle and O was fired shortly after.
I wouldn’t disagree with you on that…and I’ve posted on here a few times that they’re a very “new money” program in that sense. But the discussion was about the last 3 coaches winning titles, which LSU football has done.

The work around is playing outside the US early in the season before conference play starts. Same thing happened to Oscar T at Kentucky.

UConn more of a blue blood than duke

Idk what I’m saying, I just feel like arguing

It warrants a discussion. Both programs rose to prominence in the 90’s. UConn now passed them in titles and has done it with 3 different coaches.

Last edited:
It warrants a discussion. Both programs rose to prominence in the 90’s. UConn now passed them in titles and has done it with 3 different coaches.

Nah I know basketball didn’t start in the 80’s but Duke is definitively there. We’ll see what they can do in the Scheyer era

No order:

UNC
Duke
Kentucky
UConn
Kansas
Auburn

Back
Top Bottom