The Combat Jack Show Thread

They aren’t joking around. I remember bringing this up weeks ago saying Mal sounded sick of Joe and you tried to dismiss as that’s how friends are.

No matter how close of a friendship is at a point you’d get sick and tired of your friend talking down to you. Most of time it sounds like Joe is talking down to them as if they were his kids. He’s fortunate enough that Mal’s demeanor seems tio be very chill. Rory up until recently seemed to just be happy to be there.

Calling your friends p**** and BANs almost ad nauseam whenever you kick it with them is nuts. No matter how you flip it.

Those are your friends and you’re on a platform that’s viewed by over a million people weekly. That’s sucker **** to play them like that, and it’s sucker **** for them to sit passive and let you continue doing it.

Last edited:
Calling your friends p**** and BANs almost ad nauseam whenever you kick it with them is nuts. No matter how you flip it.

Those are your friends and your on a platform that’s viewed by over a million people weekly. That’s sucker **** to play them like that, and it’s sucker **** for them to sit passive and let you continue doing it.

These ****** crack on Joe's drug addiction, His rap failures, failed relationships etc etc :lol:. I think they all just talk **** to eachother.

These *****s crack on Joe's drug addiction, His rap failures, failed relationships etc etc :lol:. I think they all just talk **** to eachother.

Nope.

Even if you wanted to argue that most of time it’s Joe bringing those subjects up and then they’d add on.

And then the random times Mal might bring up an ex or a potentially bad subject that’d make Joe look bad, he tends to catch himself before he continues then Joe would egg him to speak freely. You can tell Mal has some sort of mora code when deaing with friends and things that’d shine a bad light on them.

They aren’t joking around. I remember bringing this up weeks ago saying Mal sounded sick of Joe and you tried to dismiss as that’s how friends are.

No matter how close of a friendship is at a point you’d get sick and tired of your friend talking down to you. Most of time it sounds like Joe is talking down to them as if they were his kids. He’s fortunate enough that Mal’s demeanor seems tio be very chill. Rory up until recently seemed to just be happy to be there.
Their demeanor when he gets that way says it all.

People complaining?

Or to put this further:
Man complaining
on men complaining
on how a man
treats other men
:rofl:

maxresdefault.jpg

Different friends do different things, way of joking and have different interaction and level of friendship.

Some friends do and say other stuff that I consider "pause" worthy by my own standards with and to each other. Who am I to judge? It's their friendship.

I clearly see their relationship as a friendship, and they're joking. Mal and Joe stayed with each other, and if any of you who had roommates know. Staying with someone is totally different. They survived that. Joe and Mal have been friends at least a decade.

You guys think Joe is saying stuff he hasn't said in person to them prior to a podcast?

And I've said my friends were ***** or scared before. What's the big deal if you're clearly joking?

Different friends do different things, way of joking and have different interaction and level of friendship.

Some friends do and say other stuff that I consider "pause" worthy by my own standards with and to each other. Who am I to judge? It's their friendship.

I clearly see their relationship as a friendship, and they're joking. Mal and Joe stayed with each other, and if any of you who had roommates know. Staying with someone is totally different. They survived that. Joe and Mal have been friends at least a decade.

You guys think Joe is saying stuff he hasn't said in person to them prior to a podcast?

And I've said my friends were ***** or scared before. What's the big deal if you're clearly joking?

It's not impossible that a friend can say something and cross a line, I believe that's all that's being said. Within their friendship during some of these episodes Joe say some stuff that crosses the line. A few times you see Joe joking, the way he normally does, about Rory's fam and Rory don't take it as a joke and gets serious.

Plenty of times I've called my homies lil punks or lil b**** but I know that not every time I do they gon be in the mood for jokes, so I chill out.

We’re not arguing that it’s uncommon to joke with your friends in a seemingly crude manner. We all have those types of friendships.

What we’re saying is that Joe is o.d. sometimes with some of the stuff he chooses to say on the pod. Again, there’s only but so many BANs you gonna get off before someone starts questioning what the hell is going on. That’s your mans right? Why are you talking down on the dude on a platform viewed by millions of people?

Ultimately it’s all subjective, so we can agree to disagree. But I reserve the right to clown you forever if the day comes where Rory or Mal parks you on the pod. You better not be ***** and try to edit it out or punch in either. :lol:

Everything ya'll saying makes sense about him doing too much but the thing is if anybody is still friends with Joe they know who he is by now. That's why people always call him crazy and a weirdo. He be on there yelling and arguing against some **** that nobody has said then 5 minutes later he's saying "I love you guys". They know what it is, so it seem like they cool with it. I guess the friendship outweighs his CTE antics.

I remember hearing about him talk about it on the podcast a lot earlier on. He would kill Marissa, and people would speak up about it.

I've learned that people are gonna allow what they'll allow. If they're cool with it it's none of my business. When you got a decade plus long bond with someone, y'all should have an unspoken understanding of what is and isn't acceptable.

To this day I still make certain jokes with my closest friends that I wouldn't make with other people. It's just a feel thing sometimes.

People on the outside looking in can have opinions of what they'd tolerate, but that has no holding on the relationship they have. That's for them to hash out.

yall should hear the cats I work with

buddens pod is straight disney in comparison

it’s onesided on the show so I have to assume that’s not really their lane

it is common for cats to talk like that, highly common

it’s a no go for me tho

sounds horrible when outsiders are around, hence the current convo

If that's how somebody's friends acts and talks to them, that's cool FOR THEM. I am not going to allow my friends nor my family to come at me the way Joe likes to talk on the regular.

I'm not "complaining" about how Joe talks to his friends, I just notice it ain't always a joke to Mal or Rory. But they allow it, wouldn't let that s*** happen to me tho

Back
Top Bottom