The Combat Jack Show Thread

Duppy was definitely better. and Drake 1000% lost. I equate it to Drake landing a few clean punches in a fistfight then Pusha slapping the **** out of him with a pole.

And if Joe is human, he cares, somewhere in here. It’s just not something you can really dwell on. Yes, your girl had dudes bust on her face before you—you definitely don’t wanna hear about it though.

Game been lamed himself out if me even listening to him, years ago. I wouldn’t know how good his discography is, honestly. Thought he was corny for a good while now.

That point about the Drake/Kim K thing is a good one. they def didn't come at Drake with that energy of being a corn.... after he obviously been trying to insinuate a certain thing. ESPECIALLY considering that Drake is on record claiming how he though him and kanye were "friends" & he felt betrayed.

Low correlation. Drake and Kanye beefing. Not that it gives him the right to say whatever but when under that situation, all is fair

What's being missed is that Game came out of the blue with this. Nobody was talking about Cyn and her past. Dude just showed up. :lol:It's corny to do this for relevance. That's pretty much the bottom line

The worst part is that the album sounds fire and that's what's getting people interested to begin with. So all that he's doing is unnecessary.

I remember that better song vs better diss being a part of the convo in the Ether vs Takeover situation. IMO it’s just an excuse fans use to minimize the L their favorite artist took. Drake lost and everybody knows it.

Also the Game did all this goofy **** for his last album only to sell 32k the first week, and there wasn’t much buzz around the music after it dropped either. I guess he feels like those bum *** numbers are enough to justify ruining his relationships in the industry.

And if Joe is human, he cares, somewhere in here. It’s just not something you can really dwell on. Yes, your girl had dudes bust on her face before you—you definitely don’t wanna hear about it though.

I honestly don't think he cares.

Dudes in the industry seem to pass around these chicks like they're trophies. They won't buy a used car, but will get a chick with 200,000 miles.

Once you saw Lira Galore with Ross you knew some dude was going to come wifing her behind him. And some dude will wife after she drops the seed.

I remember that better song vs better diss being a part of the convo in the Ether vs Takeover situation. IMO it’s just an excuse fans use to minimize the L their favorite artist took. Drake lost and everybody knows it.

Also the Game did all this goofy **** for his last album only to sell 32k the first week, and there wasn’t much buzz around the music after it dropped either. I guess he feels like those bum *** numbers are enough to justify ruining his relationships in the industry.

I also don't understand what makes it a better "song" :lol:

Both songs is 2 ****** just rapping. No hooks, no additives...just bars in both. And on top that...he had more smoke for Kanye than Pusha.

It's a thing. Takeover is one hundred percent a better song than Ether. Ether is the better diss.

I honestly don't think he cares.

Dudes in the industry seem to pass around these chicks like they're trophies. They won't buy a used car, but will get a chick with 200,000 miles.

Once you saw Lira Galore with Ross you knew some dude was going to come wifing her behind him. And some dude will wife after she drops the seed.

I mean, Ross loves to brag about sharing women :lol:
"Me and Meek bone the same chicks" & then dropped a song called Same **** I think it was :lol: :smh: But Joe already knew what he was getting into when he wifed Cyn.

joe is def hurt

he spent half the ep bigging up game essentially to leave his girl alone mixed in with some tuff sh*t

he can’t fool me tho

this the same n that wanted to fight jr smith over tahiry

if y’all think joe mad casual about this you’re crazy as hell

He also spend half of episodes dissecting a single line in records :lol:. Means nothing. The ***** don't care. He knew what he was getting into.

Duppy was definitely better. and Drake 1000% lost.

That don't add up though. If you had the better diss record then that means you won.

This wasn't a "who can make a catchy song" battle. It's about dissing and Pusha took his head off.

I don't even remember people saying Takover was better than Ether til years down the line when people like to change history. And I **** with Takeover but nah. :lol:

How the hell does he think he made Joe become a media personality? Lol

Wow, that's lame as hell. Unreal

Joe seems like the type to sit and talk about who you been with and when in the past. I'm sure he knew. I don't know if he knew anything was recorded or if anything was actually recorded.

Why y'all talking about Aubrey and Push?

The purpose of a diss song isn't to get played on the radio. It's to diss the other person and throw shots. To have quotables.

Drake tried to change up the rules.

Dude is like the person you play a board game with, but tries to add and make up their own rules.

Like the 24 hours and the song thing since Back to Back.

But was that Drake or his fans that created those "rules"?
I feel Drake's fans pushed the creation of the rule of the "respond within a day" thing. Social media really did 80-90% of the work in the Meek battle, Drake just rode the wave

The purpose of a diss song isn't to get played on the radio. It's to diss the other person and throw shots. To have quotables.

Drake tried to change up the rules.

Dude is like the person you play a board game with, but tries to add and make up their own rules.

Like the 24 hours and the song thing since Back to Back.
Thank you!

I've been thinking exactly this since yesterday but was too lazy to post it.

We're not here to judge who had the best song. Best song when it's a rap battle is irrelevant. If anything, having the best song seems to me like the intention of the song might have got lost.

But was that Drake or his fans that created those "rules"?
I feel Drake's fans pushed the creation of the rule of the "respond within a day" thing. Social media really did 80-90% of the work in the Meek battle, Drake just rode the wave

I think Drake mentioned it in one of his songs to Meek how he had 24 hours.

I think Drake mentioned it in one of his songs to Meek how he had 24 hours.

Now that I think about it, I think it was the fact that Drake dropped Charged Up then came back with Back to Back within a day that created this Beef Due Date timeline

the game essentially dissed 50 cent and then became him if you think about it

everything he hated bout 50 is now game

Ed Lover finally talked about the Stretch/Tupac situation. I was wondering if he was going to speak on it. Probably had to calm down.

the game essentially dissed 50 cent and then became him if you think about it

everything he hated bout 50 is now game

Yeah, I said that a minute ago. He took the G-Unit formula. Only Game doesn't have the bank account or clout.

He's become a joke.

His clown stuff has overshadowed his music instead of attracting attention to it. He should be respected for keeping the west out there until Kendrick generation.

Back
Top Bottom