The Combat Jack Show Thread

Realistically the players should be doing more to support Kaep and the get the respect due when you're 70% of the group. THEY should get a list of demands together and strike or something similar. NFL should be treating them like white people. Either way I don't fault anyone who boycott's/doesn't boycott, do what feels right to you.

CIAA coming up.its more Basketball tourney but one of those events all the celebs/rappers perform or have parties

Bro I’m actually a A&T graduate so I’m familiar with the CIAA but I don’t feel like it has the same draw or luster. My homie said we need the bigger artist like Puff and Jay tokust make it a thing.

Plus it needs to happen on the same weekend as the super bowl so it’s a clear message that we don’t stand with y’all. In fact we don’t stand with y’all so much that we taking our communities money and spending it in a totally different city.

The nfl will always have power if they can promise a major city a billion dollars once a year.

**** my BM just sent me this (and it’s just the strippers) at one event.
0FB2D5A3-C4A5-484F-B972-3D75E422FEB9.jpeg

Realistically the players should be doing more to support Kaep and the get the respect due when you're 70% of the group. THEY should get a list of demands together and strike or something similar. NFL should be treating them like white people. Either way I don't fault anyone who boycott's/doesn't boycott, do what feels right to you.
I always use this example, the players at Missouri University threatened to not play unless they got rid the university president who was ignoring racist incidents on campus. That's how you can effect them the strongest.

The problem in the NFL is dudes are not organized. They get terrible contracts. The avg salary is 2 mil compared to 7 in the NBA. Every time there's labor disputes dudes don't get on the same page. From Kaep to the Leveon situation, his own teammates was sh#t'n on him for holding out to get his money.

Bro I’m actually a A&T graduate so I’m familiar with the CIAA but I don’t feel like it has the same draw or luster. My homie said we need the bigger artist like Puff and Jay tokust make it a thing.

Plus it needs to happen on the same weekend as the super bowl so it’s a clear message that we don’t stand with y’all. In fact we don’t stand with y’all so much that we taking our communities money and spending it in a totally different city.

The nfl will always have power if they can promise a major city a billion dollars once a year.

**** my BM just sent me this (and it’s just the strippers) at one event.
0FB2D5A3-C4A5-484F-B972-3D75E422FEB9.jpeg

Tellin on herself, I know half them broads weren't planning on claiming that money on taxes :lol::smh:

As far as the Kap thing, I've been basically "boycotting" as well, but the situation is so muddy because there wasn't any planned steps after taking a knee. If dudes are gonna kneel until police brutality ends then they're gonna be kneeling for a long time. I'm basically only boycotting because they're blackballing Kap and because NFL players generally get treated in a way like they're completely disposeable. Also I NEVER liked the good old boys kinda **** that goes on in football, they really do run that **** like a paid plantation. Then the CTE **** too. And non-guaranteed contracts. So my "boycott" isn't really for the same reason Kap kneeled. I just generally don't **** with alot of **** about the NFL, including blackballing Kap.

Also logically it feels kinda hypocritical because I watch the NBA non-stop, and the NBA also has a rule against anthem protests (from back in the day with Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf), the general public just isn't completely aware of it. So am I wrong for watching the NBA? NBA players are starting to run the league at this point, but if someone pulled a Kap during an NBA game they'd probably end up just like Kap as far as possibly being blackballed, or at least being pressured to switch it up. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it couldn't.

So I kinda don't even "boycott" like that anymore. Watched the super bowl and a couple playoff games. I only watched 2 regular season games. I guess I'll watch if I feel like it but generally I'm not trying to give them my money or attention.

That too. Hard to be gung ho about a "boycott" when none of the players seem to give a damn.

I knew the h**s would eat...

But damn. A buck 20 a piece? :wow: :lol:

Madd waist trainer and bundles companies about to get started.

I knew the h**s would eat...

But damn. A buck 20 a piece? :wow: :lol:

Madd waist trainer and bundles companies about to get started.

That’s a fact.

That LLC paperwork got processed Monday morning for sure.

What’s nuts is that’s only 1 event. If u think them **** ain’t work all weekend you crazy. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear some of them made 200K plus easy in a weekend.

Now imagine how nuts it would be if just did all that cool culture **** in a city like Flint alebeit it will be cold as **** but for 120k in a night, I guarantee these chicks is still coming.

Not to mention all the other parts of the city that will eat from our culture.

Word to the ninja star story from Buddens podcast today. I’m sure there’s a couple guys out there very disappointed that they can’t use their “special sets of skills” anymore.

Ol girl was lyin, it was “only” 300k...and it was about a 100 chicks so they took like 2-3k home.

That was the QC stripper bowl party...that’s the wild part to me. P and them just gave away 300k, because apparently the chicks didn’t even have to dance money was just being thrown for sport lol.

Sad and happy to hear that 3 million is an exaggeration lol.

Unrelated but Spotify making the right moves.
Spotify has completed the acquisition of Gimlet Media Inc. and Anchor, two podcast-focused companies that work in different sides of the industry. Gimlet, which was founded in 2014, is a podcast network and digital media company, while Anchor focuses on podcast production and gives users the ability to produce and distribute their own content.

Announcing the news in a blogpost, Spotify CEO Daniel Ek revealed that the company believed “it is a safe assumption that, over time, more than 20% of all Spotify listening will be non-music content.” Ek also went on to add that the new acquisitions will “meaningfully accelerate [Spotify's] path to becoming the world’s leading audio platform.

In related news, Spotify now allows you to mute specific artists.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/2/spotify-gimlet-anchor-podcast-company-details

you don’t even have to follow parks

parks has been on many of the podcasts in small spurts

you just gotta watch the youtube eps

Ol girl was lyin, it was “only” 300k...and it was about a 100 chicks so they took like 2-3k home.

That was the QC stripper bowl party...that’s the wild part to me. P and them just gave away 300k, because apparently the chicks didn’t even have to dance money was just being thrown for sport lol.

Strip club full of dudes throwing money competing with the next dude One of the weirdest practices ever

That Spotify acquisition is interesting. :nerd:

That podcast exclusivity **** about to be real real.

Yeah, after Joe I had noticed how they got Amy Schumer. But Joe sort of dissed it and was talking about how they were promoting it beside his podcast so people would listen.

Jemele Hill is about to have a exclusive pod on Spotify

That Spotify acquisition is interesting. :nerd:

That podcast exclusivity **** about to be real real.

It’s the next stage of the streaming wars to be honest bro. Spotify smart for firing the first shots and giving these successful pods the bag early. It will force other services to start putting the bag up.

Facts. Apple been relying on that pod app being native on all iPhones for a minute. There are hundreds of thousands of hours of free content out there and mf’s are starting to say “... wait a minute.”

Spotify hit people with the bag and apple gonna be scrambling in a minute. I already heard TBI saying there were deals on the table.

“I’m really steppin up my game these mf’s gonna have to start paying me for this. Can’t get no more free Randy” :lol:

Back
Top Bottom