The Combat Jack Show Thread

You still missed the point, but it is what it is.

I know the point.

I already said that he looks at it as merch. Just like he just looks at it as just music. That's not him, and he's not going to Chicago.

I think it's all around weird he listens to the music, but that's his choice.

It's people all over the country wearing that who don't give a **** about these gangs, or their beef, who Tookie is, what color they're wearing, what's being said in the lyrics... That's the reality. It ain't that deep to the people listening to the music. That's why they're selling it as merch.

At 40 should he know better, not for me to decide, he's a grown *** man and can listen and wear whatever he wants.

Next time maybe you shouldn't assume.

Last edited:
I don't know how politics work in L.A but our dudes getting pressed for rocking Crenshaw merch?? They got them sweaters in 2K man at this point the brand itself has become a worldwide thing.

there's no positive you could try & convey wearing a **** 63rd hoodie :lol: , He buggin with that

The Crenshaw **** was intended to not be explicitly “gang affiliated”. It’s a district. No different than A Brooklyn T-shirt or something in the mid 00s.

Now if Nip & them were selling March that said, **** 83 gangsters or something....THAT would be similar to Von and them merch.

I know the point.

I already said that he looks at it as merch. Just like he just looks at it as just music. That's not him, and he's not going to Chicago.

I think it's all around weird he listens to the music, but that's his choice.

It's people all over the country wearing that who don't give a **** about these gangs, or their beef, who Tookie is, what color they're wearing, what's being said in the lyrics... That's the reality. It ain't that deep to the people listening to the music. That's why they're selling it as merch.

At 40 should he know better, not for me to decide, he's a grown *** man and can listen and wear whatever he wants.

Next time maybe you shouldn't assume.
Bruh I said a Crenshaw shirt and a **** 63rd shirt are nowhere near the same, see the explanation your simple *** got on the last page, and the one on this page. So ready to type up a think piece. Idgaf about a 63rd shirt, I'm telling YOU that YOUR comparison of a Crenshaw shirt to a 63rd is not the same,,because they don't mean the same thing. Trying too hard :smh:

The Crenshaw **** was intended to not be explicitly “gang affiliated”. It’s a district. No different than A Brooklyn T-shirt or something in the mid 00s.

Now if Nip & them were selling March that said, **** 83 gangsters or something....THAT would be similar to Von and them merch.
Bolded for the simple minded ****** in this thread.

Bruh I said a Crenshaw shirt and a **** 63rd shirt are nowhere near the same, see the explanation your simple *** got on the last page, and the one on this page. So ready to type up a think piece. Idgaf about a 63rd shirt, I'm telling YOU that YOUR comparison of a Crenshaw shirt to a 63rd is not the same,,because they don't mean the same thing. Trying too hard :smh:

It is if you look at as merch, as do all the people buying it.

What are they selling it as? Who are they selling it too?

Are you ****in slow.

1. It is merch to Ice. The opps not about to "slide" on him. He's an internet ***** in suburban New Jersey. He don't give a **** about who/what 63rd actually is just like 90% of the fans.
2. Yes...it is lame for 40 year old Ice to be wearing King Von merch.

Nah.

The way he's entrenched with current music and has a weird infatuation with "****** who's really like that" he knows exactly what the shirt entails

Kids getting shot in Brownsville for wearing Pop Smoke "Hawk Em" VLONE shirts

Ice puts that shirt on feels like he from o block

Square behavior

Nah.

The way he's entrenched with current music and has a weird infatuation with "****** who's really like that" he knows exactly what the shirt entails

Square behavior

I don't think it's that deep to him. He looks at himself as not a tough guy and old.

Is this much different than people buying Griselda merch with Hitler on it? I wouldn't assume they're a Nazi, and I wouldn't even assume they should know better.

All I know is dude a weirdo for rockin that regardless if he thought it was merch or not, ain't a good look

Nah.

Square behavior

What did you just say that I didn't? ICE IS AN INTERNET ***** FROM SUBURBAN NEW JERSEY. He'll never step foot anywhere on the Southside of Chicago. He's a FAN.

That shirt is MERCH to him the same way it is to the white kid from Mt. Laurel, New Jersey who knows every person who King Von lyric...in addition to everyone he killed from Chicago thanks to Reddit and YouTube. I mentioned that to be his age...rocking King Von merch is very lame.

Yeah, because the shirts are only being sold to gang members in Chicago and not as merch.

People seem to be misunderstanding this for some reason.

****** not walking into the same t-shirt shop that gang members get their RIP shirts screen printed. You can buy a ****ing "Not from 63rd" shirt from Etsy.

It's MERCH. ****** can argue the morality behind the merch...but it's merch.

All fun and games till he in the mall wit his kids and Auntie Anne’s cinnamon on his fingers wearing that tryna be young and hip and by some off chance some ***** who is offended @ that for whatever reason sees that and wants his issue

the odds of that happening in suburban Jersey ain’t high but that’s why it’s not just merch. ****** not gon be tryna hear “it’s just merch” if that situation ever were to take place :lol:

Must be a lot of dead fans in suburbia out here since this is such a dangerous piece of cloth then...

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.58.34 AM.png

All I know is wearing anything dissing a hood that you have absolutely 0 to do with is cornball **** lol.

I mess with Von/Durk music but naw , never in a million years would I be wearing that.

that Chicago **** real , my girl her family from there. They ALL turn up when they hear that “NOT FROM 63rd” ..... I remain quiet 😂

so I just know the ****** from 63rd waiting to catch somebody in that hoodie . They gotta be FED up with all the random disrespect😂😂😂😂

Well hold up someone said it specifically said “**** 63rd” :lol:

“We Not From 63rd” ain’t as bad especially if you in a suburban area but again....why even play those games just to act confused on the off chance some ***** takes offense to it :lol: 63rd a real place wit real people and you disrespecting cause you like how a ***** talk over beats :lol:

Man this ain't hard to understand, _'s gotta stop making simple **** complicated. :lol:

Yeah the "Not from 63rd" line has taken on a life of it's own but it's still dissing another hood. Just because it's sold as merch don't mean it's not a diss. I mean _'s know if you in LA wearing certain colors can bring certain attention, _'s don't care that YOU feel it's just a shirt. Ice is wearing a shirt that's blatantly dissing.

Reebok did some Nipsey Rich Rollin sneakers a few years ago

reebok-classic-nylon-cn4521-heel

Nip made it clear he and his team nothing to do with that because it was too blatant. Gang culture/black slang has become mainstream but certain **** you stay away from.

I'm confused at the argument.

Dissing another hood they aren't from and won't be going to. Raps not supposed to be offensive now?

It's merch to them, plain and simple. Because all the people going to their concerts wearing the shirts, don't care about any of that.

The only people who should have a problem with it are people from that neighborhood. So why do y'all care what he wears?

What did you just say that I didn't? ICE IS AN INTERNET ***** FROM SUBURBAN NEW JERSEY. He'll never step foot anywhere on the Southside of Chicago. He's a FAN.

That shirt is MERCH to him the same way it is to the white kid from Mt. Laurel, New Jersey who knows every person who King Von lyric...in addition to everyone he killed from Chicago thanks to Reddit and YouTube. I mentioned that to be his age...rocking King Von merch is very lame.

Relax

The convo was if the Von Merch, dissing 63rd and Nip & TMC, Crenshaw **** was the same.

it isn’t. Real simple :lol:

The Crenshaw **** was on these type of terms:

No

I said that it's merch and no different than Griselda or Crenshaw clothing to people. That's why it's being sold.

Dissing another hood they aren't from and won't be going to. Raps not supposed to be offensive now?

It's merch to them, plain and simple. Because all the people going to their concerts wearing the shirts, don't care about any of that.

The only people who should have a problem with it are people from that neighborhood. So why do y'all care what he wears?

Why does Ice need to offend a hood he knows nothing about? :lol:

That's all good but if their show starts traveling again and Ice gets approached by some Chicago dudes he brought that energy on.

just chiming in, don’t really care what he wears . Just giving my opinion on wearing something like that and it being corny

But aside from tbat it’s merch to him but to the entire Chicago (could be some watching the pod) it isn’t . As a semi public figure , who I assume wants to get bigger , you got to be careful with that .

plus I’m 99.9% sure he knows what that hoodie is about

Back
Top Bottom