The Combat Jack Show Thread

What’s buddy’s story? He was literally featured on every indie/electronic album I heard last year, seems like dude just popped up out of nowhere.

Man honestly just grinding bro, it was not overnight by any means lol

Idk if you familiar w Duckwrth but he linked up w him like 6 years ago and was basically his in-house production. _’s was in a tiny *** apt in South LA making music around the clock :lol:

As Duckwrth came up and made connections, he came up as well, then finally around 2018 he broke off on his own as a solo artist and started getting in his electronic bag on some Moodymann type ****

Elton John raved about his first project and he just been grinding it out from there. Bro deserve all the looks he been getting fr

Man honestly just grinding bro, it was not overnight by any means lol

Idk if you familiar w Duckwrth but he linked up w him like 6 years ago and was basically his in-house production. _’s was in a tiny *** apt in South LA making music around the clock :lol:

As Duckwrth came up and made connections, he came up as well, then finally around 2018 he broke off on his own as a solo artist and started getting in his electronic bag on some Moodymann type ****

Elton John raved about his first project and he just been grinding it out from there. Bro deserve all the looks he been getting fr

Dope. I think I first saw his name on a Toro y Moi remix back in 19. Then he it seems like he hit the electronic scene hard last summer. I remember googling him because his name kept popping up on as the lone feature on a lot of these electronic projects and saw he opened for Vince in 2019 and it kinda made sense. same lane with the hip hop meets electronic sound.

Based off the information we have i don't know how we can determine what was a good deal/ bad deal for them. However if Spotify was really trying to get ownership in all other side endeavors i can see why they wouldn't take it.

Based off the information we have i don't know how we can determine what was a good deal/ bad deal for them. However if Spotify was really trying to get ownership in all other side endeavors i can see why they wouldn't take it.
I always cringed at the whole Joe/they fumbled the Spotify bag narrative. Their deal expired and negotiations fell apart for the reup. It happens. Not every deal goes through in any industry.

Spotify said they made a competitive offer, much bigger than the last. The entire crew said they didn’t feel like the offer was in their collective nor individual best interests. Both can be true.

i feel like Rory and Mal just doin a pod to spite Joe.

I think they would be dumb to pass up the bag either way

They said they not tryna recreate the jbp tho and its not gonna be a traditional pod, just setting the microphones up and talking

Sound like they got some scripted visual stuff they releasing, some on location stuff (they mentioned a trip to Joshua Tree) etc

How much was Spotify trying to offer Joe?

I wouldn't doubt they lowball black talent. She won like crazy. She was making less than a mil a year, and now is getting $20 a year.

I had to go back and look up the details, but that Sofia chick let her boyfriend **** up the bag. Could have just rode it out until the Barstool deal was done.
Call her Daddy one of the biggest pods out tho

What Joe Rogan is for young white dudes, Call Her Daddy basically is the same but for young white girls :lol:

Ironically enough Call Her Daddy completely went down the drain after the two chicks split up. They basically fell out the exact same way as Joe, Rory & Mal.

The Cooper chick doesn't even put out episodes consistently anymore. Kudos to her for being able to finagle this bag from Spotify though. Her former co-host got to be sick right now. She went and started her own podcast. But their content was at its best when they were bouncing back and forth off of each other.

They had to make a return on investment somehow, and Joe refused to do ads. And according to Joe just about all of his deals are bad. His podcast network is a Youtube page w/ a stifled view count, so rn he's a Youtuber that calls himself a "Podcaster" and has been since the Spotify deal ended. He's averaging the in 250k-299k range w/ cpm's & no sponsorships. I'd assume is patreon numbers are depleting as well, seeing that he's 14k subscribers down on Youtube in the past 30days.

The average amount for 1 view on youtube $0.18:
$0.18/1000=$0.00018

Let's say Joe averages 270kv's per vid:
$0.00018x270000=$48.60

Now let's say there are 6 abs per:
$48.60x6=$291.60

There's 4wks an month & he does 2 pods a week:
4x2=8
$2,332.80x8=$18,662.40 per month

$18,662.40x12=$223,948.80 per year

Spotify allegedly offered $30,000,000 compared to the $223,948 he's pulling in yearly himself:
$30,000,000-$223,948=I would've beat the **** outta him w/ branch for turning that down.

They had to make a return on investment somehow, and Joe refused to do ads. And according to Joe just about all of his deals are bad. His podcast network is a Youtube page w/ a stifled view count, so rn he's a Youtuber that calls himself a "Podcaster" and has been since the Spotify deal ended. He's averaging the in 250k-299k range w/ cpm's & no sponsorships. I'd assume is patreon numbers are depleting as well, seeing that he's 14k subscribers down on Youtube in the past 30days.

The average amount for 1 view on youtube $0.18:
$0.18/1000=$0.00018

Let's say Joe averages 270kv's per vid:
$0.00018x270000=$48.60

Now let's say there are 6 abs per:
$48.60x6=$291.60

There's 4wks an month & he does 2 pods a week:
4x2=8
$2,332.80x8=$18,662.40 per month

$18,662.40x12=$223,948.80 per year

Spotify allegedly offered $30,000,000 compared to the $223,948 he's pulling in yearly himself:
$30,000,000-$223,948=I would've beat the **** outta him w/ branch for turning that down.

If Only Rory & Mal would have contacted you instead of Ian

Joe said that he felt the pod was over when they discussed the Azelia Banks cookin her cat and they just went, yep, well it's her cat. :rofl:

I remember that, because they didn't even get any jokes off. Mal and Rory kind of just brushed it off and moved on like it's some sort of normal behavior.

Ironically enough Call Her Daddy completely went down the drain after the two chicks split up. They basically fell out the exact same way as Joe, Rory & Mal.

The Cooper chick doesn't even put out episodes consistently anymore. Kudos to her for being able to finagle this bag from Spotify though. Her former co-host got to be sick right now. She went and started her own podcast. But their content was at its best when they were bouncing back and forth off of each other.

Yeah, people talk about Joe, but that Sofia chick is the one who should be upset.

The Alex chick was happy at Barstool. Sofia and her boyfriend wanted more money and a new deal, but her negotiations ended up helping the Alex chick and she isn't even benefiting off it.

It helped gain Call Her Daddy more exposure, and allowed her to go in to free agency earlier. Which I'm sure caused a bidding war to end up at $60.

Joe said that he felt the pod was over when they discussed the Azelia Banks cookin her cat and they just went, yep, well it's her cat. :rofl:

I remember that, because they didn't even get any jokes off. Mal and Rory kind of just brushed it off and moved on like it's some sort of normal behavior.

What’s there to really say about AB cooking her cat though? :lol:

Joe: I stopped watching battle rap because these dudes at the top are friends and being friendly, I don't want to see that

1 min later...

Joe: I just watched the two best battle rappers share a hug, peace it up and split the bag at the end as friends, it was amazing

Him talking about the other battle rapper quitting. Like people don't remember him quitting against Hollow :rofl:

I'm still confused how Ice is Arsenal's brother and he likes battle rap, but doesn't care for boom bap rap.

Back
Top Bottom