The Combat Jack Show Thread

I’m seeing he also called Crissle a bum *** nasty *** whatever.

Lot of people were saying the same thing about a Rocky. I’m not really mad at anyone who isn’t feeling sorry for him. I don’t think he deserves to be in jail not being fed sleeping on the floor but I can get why people are rushing to shout “Free ASAP”.

I do think that some people on the internet love to be loud and take a hard stance on EVERYTHING.

I heard it. I don’t see the need for Joe to come at Crissle specifically. What he said wasn’t terrible but there wasn’t a need to call her out specifically.

I do agree the internet doesn’t allow people to grow although there’s no reason to assume Rocky has grown from his previous statements. He’s locked up and probably being treated unfairly because he’s black so I don’t think the timing is bad. People don’t have to forgive you for what you said or did cuz you apologized (which I don’t think he has. Correct me if I’m wrong).

I feel like my post is all over the place but whatever lol
I agree to a certain extent. The issue for me is when people choose to make their stance on a person known when something like this comes up. It makes me think your point is more about taking a stance against the grain than anything else. In this era it sure feels like people just see that moment as an opportunity to take that strong contrarian stance mostly for the attention is garners.

That’s the only thing I could think of that would make you say you don’t care that someone died because they were homophonic.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t people basing that thought on just this:

E065FB27-F0ED-423D-9F58-816C9FADB31C.jpeg

Or did I miss some more examples? Never thought this was enough to call someone homophobic, personally.

I agree to a certain extent. The issue for me is when people choose to make their stance on a person known when something like this comes up. It makes me think your point is more about taking a stance against the grain than anything else. In this era it sure feels like people just see that moment as an opportunity to take that strong contrarian stance mostly for the attention is garners.

That’s the only thing I could think of that would make you say you don’t care that someone died because they were homophonic.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t people basing that thought on just this:

E065FB27-F0ED-423D-9F58-816C9FADB31C.jpeg

Or did I miss some more examples? Never thought this was enough to call someone homophobic, personally.

Yeah this is what I assumed it was over. I had already stopped listening by the time she said this so I don’t know if she get any other example.

Do y’all think Joe’s show would be where it is if Tax never went to jail? I’ve seen people say so on twitter and I never really thought about it but I might have to agree. Tax was really on his way before he ****ed it up.

More than one podcast can be big. Joe's is more accessible. Your everyday person not on forums like us never heard of Tax

Do y’all think Joe’s show would be where it is if Tax never went to jail? I’ve seen people say so on twitter and I never really thought about it but I might have to agree. Tax was really on his way before he ****ed it up.

I think their was room for them all to eat...but Tax was moving, moving....the way Joe is now before *****s even thought it was possible. Like, Tax was tied in with Roc Nation (via bleek)...Complex (via CTG) etc. I’m not sure the attention/air space would’ve been there for Joe, had tax still been around. Very likely it would’ve been Tax & Akademiks on EDS (which helped blow Joe up via viral content) instead of Joe. But Joe made all the right moves...and turned his antics up, and showed his own talent and keen internet savvy sense to leverage ****.

But I do think Tax would be in this position Joe is now. Tax had shows and deals etc in multiple lanes before he got caught up.

*****s forget Joe was on SoundCloud, going back and forth with that Marissa chick and **** before he caught the 2nd wave/wind...and used trolling, ranting and social media marketing to get the attention of a larger audience.

EDS was Joe’s idea if I remember correctly.

But it’s hard to say which one would’ve been bigger. Tax’s pod was slipping around the last stretch of things imo. He’d have big moments and then simmer down a bit.

What’s gotten Joe Rory and Mal to the point they’re at is consistency. Literally a brand you can trust at this point. You know exactly what you’re getting every week with those cats and they’re not reliant on guests. If Tax has a wack person on, it was just an “aight” episode.

Speaking of his guests, it’s funny to see how he doesn’t get any love from a some of folks he kinda put on. That Sofie Green joint hasn’t said a peep about him (from my knowledge) since he’s been down, the BL Tidal Wave joint was straight laughing at his predicament. The only people I ever hear talking remotely positively about him that did his podcast are CTG (kinda), Desus and Mero, and Kenneth Montgomery.

Always shake my head at how things shaped out for dude. :smh:

**** can be either or. You can feel empathy for son and/or dismiss his situation because of how he previously dismissed other people's situation. Hope he makes it out the situation but if not no tears shed here because of his strong prior (and recent) ****ing. It is what it is.

“I don’t wanna talk about no ****ing Ferguson and **** because I don’t live over there. I live in ****ing SoHo and Beverly Hills. I can’t relate,”

Oh word?

That’s kinda my sentiment. I can agree that two things can be true. I can view him funny in the light for the **** stuff he’s said, and I can empathize with him for being locked up like that in a foreign country over some bs.

Just funny how life works. Those same folks in SoHo and Beverly Hills who he feels he can relate to don’t give a damn about him. Meanwhile the black folks he tried to express having a disconnect with are the ones advocating to get him back home.

Only thing I get a lil irritated with is
The rock always touting his Samoan roots
Cool
Have no issues with it
But he never touts his black roots

Yeah, I noticed that a long time ago. I don't rock with dude like that. He's another Tiger Woods.

Yeah this is what I assumed it was over. I had already stopped listening by the time she said this so I don’t know if she get any other example.

Joe's show was bigger than Tax's, and that was with Marissa.

The best part of Tax's show were his rants, so I never thought he was on his way. He sucked as an interviewer. That doesn't have broad appeal.

Joe's show has more crossover appeal from different demographics.

The Michael B. Jordan segment :rofl:

"He rap like he act?"

:rofl: :rofl:

Fam, I had to stop it at the Michael B Jordan part. I lost it in the office, the “New Rory and Mal” drop was perfect.

That sounded like some 90's commercial pop song

I thought dude couldn't act for the longest, but I thought it was just me. Especially with the way people praised Killmonger. I couldn't get past his acting.

He always comes off as stiff and robotic, like he's reading lines.

**** can be either or. You can feel empathy for son and/or dismiss his situation because of how he previously dismissed other people's situation. Hope he makes it out the situation but if not no tears shed here because of his strong prior (and recent) ****ing. It is what it is.

“I don’t wanna talk about no ****ing Ferguson and **** because I don’t live over there. I live in ****ing SoHo and Beverly Hills. I can’t relate,”

Oh word?

I think the difference is people are gloating over it. It's one thing not to care.

They aren't famous, so they aren't going to be judged for their tweets or statements.

Joe’s show was never bigger than Tax’s until he got locked up, cut it out now Joseph with the revisionist history

It was and why are you angry?

Joe went on Tax's show, remember?

Rap Radar with CBS and Drink Champs were bigger than both.

You can't compare the two. Joe had his podcast going while Tax was still doing his. They had a different audience. Joe **** really blew from the Nicki and Drake beefs but he was still doing numbers before then. It has nothing to do with Tax going to jail.

In all honesty, they were in completely different lanes under the same umbrella. Tax just isn't nearly as polished and doesn't have the radio experience that Joe has, so Joe's experience eventually pushed him to have these multiple shows with multiple companies.

Tax would have got the same opportunities, but I don't know how his delivery plays on that level. He was so low energy and monotone. I don't know if he would have the staying power to keep growing the way Joe has managed to.

But yeah, it's all hypotheticals now.

Back
Top Bottom