THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by kdawg

This caught my eye in the trailer.

Spoiler [+]
I haven't read anything about this yet - there is a suit thread on SHH but this looks like a different batsuit - might just be the light but it looks more shiny and Az-Baty?

I always hoped they would fit that Knightfall story in. It definitely looks like Bruce is using a stick in a few parts of the trailers. Wouldn't make sense to use Bane and not have him seriously injure Bruce Wayne.

Might just be wet though.
If they're really gon' go with kind of a Knightfall storyline... then JGL really might be Azrael. Kind of like subbing in during Wayne's absence. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 2nd incarnation of Azrael (To be clear, the one that's in the Knightfall arc is Jean Paul Valley, here's the 1st incarnation), was a cop right?

2 more banners.
20pezk1.jpg

2njzuqa.jpg

In terms of the story, I expect a little bit of Vengeance of Bane a lot of Knightfall and Bane of the Demon and quite possibly some nods at The Dark Knight Returns and No Man's Land. Safe to say Goyer and the Nolan's are emptying the clip with this one. Good luck to whoever decides to helm the franchise next. I would let at least 5 years pass before rebooting, but I'm sure that isn't happening.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

In terms of the story, I expect a little bit of Vengeance of Bane a lot of Knightfall and Bane of the Demon and quite possibly some nods at The Dark Knight Returns and No Man's Land. Safe to say Goyer and the Nolan's are emptying the clip with this one. Good luck to whoever decides to helm the franchise next. I would let at least 5 years pass before rebooting, but I'm sure that isn't happening.
I trust Nolan enough that he can pull off multiple arcs seamlessly, if that's the case. As far as the next step in the franchise, I read somewhere that fols at WB are planning a reboot in the next 2 years. Which of course would be too early IMO

Spoiler [+]
I haven't read anything about this yet - there is a suit thread on SHH but this looks like a different batsuit - might just be the light but it looks more shiny and Az-Baty?

ighzqu.jpg

I always hoped they would fit that Knightfall story in. It definitely looks like Bruce is using a stick in a few parts of the trailers. Wouldn't make sense to use Bane and not have him seriously injure Bruce Wayne.

Spoiler [+]
If the merchandise is any indication, there will be a second suit: "Stealth Vision"

And donmega, please use the spoiler tags.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Spoiler [+]

ighzqu.jpg

Spoiler [+]
If the merchandise is any indication, there will be a second suit: "Stealth Vision"

And donmega, please use the spoiler tags.
My apologies fam.

It can't be possible that I'm the ONLY person that thinks Catwoman looks very "batgirlish" in this film?

I mean, obviously there's going to be more ads as things move closer. But not ONE crack of the whip to leave no doubt thus far for the masses? I have no idea how Hathaway will do but my gut says she will defecate on Halle Berry and pale in comparison to Michelle Pfeifer (obvious, safe choice).

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

It can't be possible that I'm the ONLY person that thinks Catwoman looks very "batgirlish" in this film?

I mean, obviously there's going to be more ads as things move closer. But not ONE crack of the whip to leave no doubt thus far for the masses? I have no idea how Hathaway will do but my gut says she will defecate on Halle Berry and pale in comparison to Michelle Pfeifer (obvious, safe choice).

I'll be honest - I feel the same but Michelle Pfeifer is only the best catwoman because the Halle Berry version sucked so much.
Pfeifer really grasped the tormented, villainy, catwoman - Also the idea that she dies and the mystical cats giving her life-force - I mean it really reduced one of the main catwoman characteristics - The fun Cat burglar who at heart wasn't really a bad person - just a thief. Thats why she never really felt Batman was an enemy - just a guy who got in the way of her stealing things.

Pfeifer in my opinion was just too twisted for my taste...but than again the Halle Berry movie sucked so there u go.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I'll be honest - I feel the same but Michelle Pfeifer is only the best catwoman because the Halle Berry version sucked so much.
Pfeifer really grasped the tormented, villainy, catwoman - Also the idea that she dies and the mystical cats giving her life-force - I mean it really reduced one of the main catwoman characteristics - The fun Cat burglar who at heart wasn't really a bad person - just a thief. Thats why she never really felt Batman was an enemy - just a guy who got in the way of her stealing things.

Pfeifer in my opinion was just too twisted for my taste...but than again the Halle Berry movie sucked so there u go.

don't really get the batgirl vibe from hathaway but I agree with bk. Pfeifer in my opinion as well. is the best catwoman. she had that on screen feel similar to how heath ledgar gave off with his portrayal of joker. thats just my opinion though. 

Coming into this thread again got me popping TDK on blu-ray into the PS3. I'll probably watch it once more leading up to July 20th

like the "retired" trailer...
"let me show you a few things"

*sees awesome things*

"..yeah but im retired"

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom