The end of Best Buy??

I need to see the tv first before buying it so I wouldn't know where to go to now. Walmart and Target don't sell high end tvs. Their tvs are never even on.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I actually like Best Buy.. Sure there prices are sometimes frustrating.. But every week there are a handful of sales that are
pimp.gif
This.
Wow though, NT hates EVERYTHING
roll.gif

i used to waste a bunch of time at best buy...as a kid. high school ten years ago when people were just barely getting cd burners and such. test out video game demos....

but now you can do all that through xbox live. music is easily downloadable. and cheaper prices are readily online.

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

If best buy goes down this will make wonder even more. How the hell is Radio Shack around.

I can't be the only person who doesn't like online shopping for electronics.

That's the problem for best buy. Educated shoppers go into best buy look around test out everything see which one they like then go home and buy the same model for cheaper online.
QFT.
Best Buy has a great in-store selection but with smartphones today, people can go right on Amazon and see that it's cheaper there.  Amazon is taking over.

They wont survive because they arent specific enough. You can get simple media like movies and music instantanious now on the web, and people are going to more niche places to buy computer now (Apple store, the internet). Places like Fry's, Microcenter and the Apple store will remain because they cater to a very specific market. Desktops dont have a real strong market anymore, and me personally, I would much rather go to a car audio specific place to get equipment installed before I trust some kid that got hired for a couple bucks an hour to walk around Best Buy. Geek Squad is really the only thing I can see keeping them afloat because there are still a lot of people who are challenged when it comes to repairing and troubleshooting electronics.

Also, with the economy the way it is now, people are trying to find every way possible to save money, even if it means buying something from an online retailer for $5 cheaper and having to wait for shipping vs instant gratification. People are getting used to and figuring out that the idea of shopping online is much more beneficial than going to an all-in-one type of place.

Also, another thing that may be killing the market for a place like Best Buy is integration. When you look at mobile phones, they've almost killed every single department in Best Buy single handedly. You no longer need an iPod (mp3 player), seperate video player, hand held game system, PDA, on top of a phone. It's all built into one device, so what happenes to those seperate markets? They downsize and cater to a very specific audience. Best Buy will probably end up doing the same, or completely failing. I've seen Best Buy vending machines here and there. They'll probably just downsize to that and Geek Squad.

I worked for Best Buy for 4 years in college. I can truly see why its going down. To me, Best Buy is good for 2 things, buying things you're going to buy at retail price anyway so you save on shipping and can return easy, and returning things at Christmas time.. Get a few good deals before Christmas and return them without receipt after for full price. 
laugh.gif
  I DO like their service plans for the most part too.
I was there yesterday. Had to return my Klipsch s4's for a new pair. No questions asked, just replaced with a new pair since I had their replacement plan. Now I had headphones on the whole time, but I walked around the whole store and wasn't even approached once. 

I actually like BB.  And I buy from them fairly often.  Customer service is always good, and when stuff is on sale, it's a win...

Best Buy as a retailer is definitely done, but the Geek Squad concept is pretty much unparalled among all retailers as far as product setup/support and efficiency..

They should sign contracts with manufacturers and re-vamp the entire company to be strictly product support. That's gonna be necessary no matter where you buy your stuff from..

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Jking0821

What is best buy good for honestly?  Digital Cameras, maybe so car audio equipment, and geek squad? 

No, no, and hell no.

Honestly can't think of a single thing Best Buy is good for.
yup.

@#%% best buy
one of their GM's kicked me out when I was flipping video games to them, talmbout 

"those came  up stolen in our system... I'm god in this store... get out"

eyes.gif
 I had a damn receipt from toys r us for EVERY game. Chump was mad at my hustle.

Hope he ends up a sales associate at Fry's.

I know he probably won't, but I can dream 
laugh.gif

The only time I buy stuff from best buy is whenever I use my friends discount. Since they changed that, I haven't shopped there since.

I used to work at Best Buy and i hope they go under eventually. Was a decent job while i went to school but the reason there going under is the terrible management throughout the company. A lot of accessories are extremely overpriced as well, selling Rocketfish and Dynex branded HDMI cables with 90% markup. Not to mention the overly priced protection plans and geek squad charging ridiculous amounts of money for the simplest things. Yeah it's good to have a service to help people that aren't tech savvy but to completely take advantage of them with their prices is a joke. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Jking0821

What is best buy good for honestly?  Digital Cameras, maybe so car audio equipment, and geek squad? 

No, no, and hell no.

Honestly can't think of a single thing Best Buy is good for.
yup.
Cheap blu rays? I can walk in any day of the week and find at least one good movie on sale for like $8.

Other than that, I'm in agreement
laugh.gif
Not one thing I use Best Buy for.

i hope so, i stopped shopping at that grimey business.

They have products on retail that you can get on amazon for HALF (not exaggerating) the price. Best Buy is for tourist who don't know better. The Customer is always right, word to Jeff Bezos. RIP BEST BUY.

Best Buy used to be good and always looked to lower there prices, when they had competition like Circut City and overpriced Virgin Megastore ....etc..
Now BB sucks there prices are terrible, and there customer service is horrible ..everybody that works there never knows anything
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

if best buy is gone...what other electronics-appliance only stores are left? where am i supposed to go and try out the electronics before buying?

not sure if frys electronics is everywhere, but I much prefer frys over bestbuy.

theres 4 bestbuys in a 25 mile radius of me, and 1 of them is down the street from frys.

would rather go to the bestbuy 5 minutes away then the frys in the next city.

Back
Top Bottom