The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

Can I take you up on that too? We were wanting to get some Peacock as well but just didn't know where to go. Next time I want to go down to Flamingo and go through the mangroves and fish.
yeah man. message me if you come down. i don’t ever fish freshwater but there is a lake that people go to but i think you need a license.

our main fishing spot is a little treacherous. if you fall, you’ll get cut up on the coral. we wear high top neoprene boots. i took my son there (i had to carry him where the coral was and set him down on a safe spot) and he caught an awesome 3# trevally when he was 5 years old. his tiny reel was screaming and he almost got dragged into the deep water but never dropped the pole.

388B93B2-EDB4-4694-AE59-1F09A9D20D2D.jpeg

76843837-FC9B-4D04-93CC-973893EA0EAA.jpeg

yeah man. message me if you come down. i don’t ever fish freshwater but there is a lake that people go to but i think you need a license.

our main fishing spot is a little treacherous. if you fall, you’ll get cut up on the coral. we wear high top neoprene boots. i took my son there (i had to carry him where the coral was and set him down on a safe spot) and he caught an awesome 3# trevally when he was 5 years old. his tiny reel was screaming and he almost got dragged into the deep water but never dropped the pole.

388B93B2-EDB4-4694-AE59-1F09A9D20D2D.jpeg

76843837-FC9B-4D04-93CC-973893EA0EAA.jpeg

For sure man, thanks. that's awesome. We are down to fish for whatever. I got a two week license when I was there and it was like maybe $30. Not too bad, well worth it.

I’ll hit you up if I’m ever out that way for sure. No plans at the moment but you never know.

speaking of treacherous. Took a fall into the creek today up to my waist. :rofl:

didn’t catch a damn thing either.

Ordered a set of Simms tributary waders and tributary boots for when it’s still cold out. I’m already sick of stomping around in boots and getting soaked.

once it warms up I can ditch the waders and be out here like stuntman mike stuntman mike and his kid :pimp: It’s too cold for all that now though.

it’s fun as hell fishing these creeks, nice to get out of the swamp I usually fish by my crib.

I am highly considering buying a Kayak. My friend with a boat just started a family so his time is limited. I want to be on the water every weekend.

I just need a Kayak that has enough room and rarely flips.

I was looking at Hobies this weekend. Hopefully I can pull the trigger on one before the end of the year.

Haven’t been fishing in forever but my boy goes out with his son and he’s been asking if I wanna go too

still remember when I was young in cape cod with my dad. We pulled up to the spot and these 2 old guys were saying they’ve been there forever and they haven’t gotten anything. Complaining about how bad it was etc. 5 minutes later I hooked a flounder and we could hear them talking **** :lol: :lol:
Another time I caught a cat fish using hot dogs as lure
That’s about all my fishing history :lol:

Haven’t been fishing in forever but my boy goes out with his son and he’s been asking if I wanna go too

still remember when I was young in cape cod with my dad. We pulled up to the spot and these 2 old guys were saying they’ve been there forever and they haven’t gotten anything. Complaining about how bad it was etc. 5 minutes later I hooked a flounder and we could hear them talking **** :lol: :lol:
Another time I caught a cat fish using hot dogs as lure
That’s about all my fishing history :lol:

Last year we went last minute Rock Cod fishing in Half Moon Bay, CA. We forgot to buy bait and only had pack of hotdogs. We limited on Rock Cod that day, 30 fish. Those rockfish were smacking the hotdogs like it was prime squid or anchovies :lol:

not necessarily fishing but kinda related. i just started taking my son to try and catch prawns for fun. we throw em back. these are the biggest so far. one from last week and one from yesterday. pic on the right definitely exaggerates the size but it was pretty damn big nonetheless.
C59B1477-F78C-4E9E-8F2E-7C5BCF3BAEB2.jpeg

Looks like a tank.

I’m going trout fishing tomorrow at a new spot. I guess it has some aggressive land owners but good fishing. Mn has no easements so you have to stay in the creek. F em if they cry about it oh well. 🧏‍♂🧏‍♂🎣🎣

Last edited:
Looks like a tank.

I’m going trout fishing tomorrow at a new spot. I guess it has some aggressive land owners but good fishing. Mn has no easements so you have to stay in the creek. F em if they cry about it oh well. 🧏‍♂🧏‍♂🎣🎣
That’s what I hate about Minnesota , so much public land that is inaccessible since a lot is landlocked by private land

That’s what I hate about Minnesota , so much public land that is inaccessible since a lot is landlocked by private land

yeah it’s pretty trash. Tbh I’ll stomp right through their land if I feel like it. :lol: I just try to stay out of sight and by the creek.

The only place I know with easements is in the driftless area.

i didn’t go to that spot though. I was on vermillion today in farm country. Those dudes don’t care about you fishing.

it’s the rich people in mansions who’ve never fished before who tweak.

Much easier than I though. mplsdunk mplsdunk

I just recently started fishing and will be going a few times per week once school is out.

Do I need any other tools when cleaning it other than what she mentioned? I know I saw a "Scaler" before. Is that necessary?

View attachment 2801144

finally got out for the first real hot day.
water temp is coming up.

got a 13 in speckled and a small flounder.
some big whiting and spot were being pulled up but most everything else was small.

felt good to get some action

Much easier than I though. mplsdunk mplsdunk

I just recently started fishing and will be going a few times per week once school is out.

Do I need any other tools when cleaning it other than what she mentioned? I know I saw a "Scaler" before. Is that necessary?

View attachment 2801144

Nah you don’t need a scaled. If you want to scale a fish you can always run the back part of your knife against the direction of the scales and they come right off.

post some pics of your fish when you go. :pimp:

Nah we don’t have any of those, we don’t have any salt water.

we can get some saltwater species in Lake Superior though because they think the lake is the ocean. :lol:

just salmon and trout though. They swim down to the lake to spawn.

finally back in action now that my favorite bait is in season. we let go a bunch of fish and i kept 2 for the kitchen staff at work. my friend laughs because my drag is locked down super tight so i’ll be fighting some decent sized ones and my pole will be dipping and zipping but no line peeling out. basically it’s like catching something big on a hand pole 😂

AE0B52AC-86DD-4EA0-A08C-2E08D52FF4DB.jpeg

the GT on the left in my pic was somewhere between 3-5# and when it hit, it took a little bit of line and my friend hears the drag and goes “big boy!” 😂

i had another decent sized one fighting for a little bit but the drag is so tight and the fish pulls so hard, it creates a big hole in the lip so that at a certain angle, the hook can (and did) pull out lol. if a big boy 7# and up hits and your drag is loose though, it can rip straight towards a coral head and cut you off.

there was a ton of fish at our spot today though. lots of action. i got some underwater shots on my gopro that i’ll look at when i get home.

Back
Top Bottom