The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

How many of y'all actually eat some of what you catch? I catch and release, but occasionally people offer me cash on the spot and I can't turn it down lmao.

I do, all depends where i fish. Since im from a big city the fish i catch around is going straight back to the water. If i go a lil further, id keep what i can keep.

i usually catch to eat.. but this year ive only kept 2 catfishes and a bass... trying to go ice fishing soon for some walleyes soon though .. 

Weather is finally warming up

Its about that time. Hopefully i can go soon. Really want to buy a boston whaler.

Do it if you got the resources .. I just bought a sea eagle stealth stalker for my smaller ponds and lakes

Last edited:
Anyone up on game on rods and reels?

Just got a pennspinfisher V, is it good? Whats it best for?

Ht100.

Not really knowledgeable on fishing equipment but its starting to become a hobby

Last edited:
HT100 on the top of the reel is the type of drag washers they use. the model # should be something like SSVxx00
depending on the size though, you could probably use it for all different types of fishing. i've used an SSV4500 loaded with 40# braided line to catch plenty of salt water fish from shore.

that's a pretty good-sized reel. good for shorefishing or targeting larger fish. i've actually used a similar sized penn reel (slammer) bottom fishing from a boat with live bait and pulled up a shark bigger than 100# using 40# braided line and heavier fluorocarbon leader.

that's a pretty good-sized reel. good for shorefishing or targeting larger fish. i've actually used a similar sized penn reel (slammer) bottom fishing from a boat with live bait and pulled up a shark bigger than 100# using 40# braided line and heavier fluorocarbon leader.

Where are you located? Just askin off the strength of your response to that other dude.

Im new to fishin.

Last edited:
Landed a 40" pike yesterday about a 20 min battle. Took about 20 mins to nurse it back to health and let it swim off felt good to see it survive it lost some blood in the fight. It was 5.5" wide up top real big body prolly close to 20 year old fish. Didn't do to hot steelhead fishing this year so far. Gonna go after some walleye soon.

Back
Top Bottom