The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

Been trying to make it to the steelhead run before it dies off but the weather has been so bad here. 10 ft waves and a gale warning yesterday and pouring rain.

I feel you out that. We have been trying to go out for salmon since the opener but the winds and swells out here have been brutal.

It is just safer to stay in the bay while on smaller vessels.

Its seems the good weather is always during the week while I am in the office smh

Bro it’s so annoying. :lol:

The run might go later though here since the ice didn’t come off the rivers until super late.

What state are you out of?

The closest steelhead to us is Oregon

I’m in mn, they run in the rivers here connected to the Great Lakes. Same concept as Oregon. They think the Great Lakes are the ocean. :lol:

I went last week and got skunked. Ive never caught one but it looks like they fight like crazy.

I’m going to keep going up to superior regardless, I want to get into some big salmon and steelhead and lake trout.

Went out for steelhead again and got skunked again. :lol: idk if I’ll go back. Maybe I’ll try again for the fall run. Both times even the experienced steel head guys said the fishing was wack due to all the rain so that makes me feel better I gues.

River was cool though, saw someone kayak down a waterfall.

3D455A0C-A8CF-4CD5-87A8-9DD3004AC1DE.jpeg

Warm water fishing is back so it’s bass time.

Oh yeah I’m not mad, it’s a two hour drive so I got to check out some new rivers I’d never been to. I might go back for some lake run brown trout one day.

Back
Top Bottom