The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

Why did the Future Flash run away leaving RF there though :nerd:

Yeah, that was weird. Maybe flash got pulled back into the future and he couldn't bring yellow suit guy back with him. He's been stuck in the past for 15 years so i'm wondering why he hasn't come back to get him.

What about well's wife...thawne said she's been dead for centuries...?

That's dope about Mark hamil coming back to play the trickster...

^
Everyone's been dead for centuries to thawne since he's from the distant future. I think he's said a similar statement before.

Why did the Future Flash run away leaving RF there though
nerd.gif
probably because future flash is stronger and younger than reverse flash. i think wells is trying to train barry to his maximum potential, than steal his powers and become barry allen. if barry dies, than he pretty much dies. thawne is taking another shortcut, couldn't kill him when he was a kid, will kill him when becomes the flash. 

this is a dope story line, because wells can be killed off, but thawne can switch bodies. he can jump to eddies or cisco next season. 

I wonder if they'll figure out a way to get the real Wells back into the picture and keep him as a part of Star Labs. Really don't want to see Tom Cavanagh go once everything really hits the fan. Dude is killing it as Wells and the Reverse Flash.

I wonder if they'll figure out a way to get the real Wells back into the picture and keep him as a part of Star Labs. Really don't want to see Tom Cavanagh go once everything really hits the fan. Dude is killing it as Wells and the Reverse Flash.

Didn't the guy die? Where is the body?

Didn't the guy die? Where is the body?

Interview quote from the executive producer of the show

But what of the actual doc, who appeared to be decayed after the incident? “What happened to Harrison Wells’ real body and what really happened that night and all these things are going to start coming out,” the EP says. “What happened in [Episode] 15, not all of it went away as people are going to find out soon.”

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Great episode. Got me wondering what can they possible do for season 2 thats gonna be better than season 1.
I think its all downhill after this season :smh: . In my mind there's just so much you can do with the Flash

Last edited:
Great episode. Got me wondering what can they possible do for season 2 thats gonna be better than season 1.
I think its all downhill after this season
mean.gif
. In my mind there's just so much you can do with the Flash
Agreed, they really set the bar high and tackled most of the Flash story.

Season 2 will be Iris/Barry back-and-forth again.

There's not that many more episodes left in the season... It looks like they're setting up Grodd to be the main season two villain more than another random/recurring S1 villain.

That alone will be epic. Plus the guy who played pre body snatch Reverse Flash is signed on for multiple episodes.... So there's potential in that too, whatever direction they decide to go in.

I have faith in em. Even if season two isn't as good as season one, I don't know if that's necessarily a terrible thing, because this season has seriously been one of the best debut seasons for any TV show I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Why pick Harrison Wells to absorb?
probably because he was the guy who created accelerator that resulted in creating the first flash

so he's the only person that could speed up the process of creating the machine thus speeding up the time it takes for him to get back to the future 
Yeah, I think that also directly answers if Thawne also absorbed Wells' intelligence and knowledge. If he was smart enough to do it he'd just create his own id and make the accelerator himself. So he must've needed Wells mind and somehow manipulated in a way to make the accelerator 6 years earlier (since he said Wells and his wife originally made it in 2020 not 2014).
There's not that many more episodes left in the season... It looks like they're setting up Grodd to be the main season two villain more than another random/recurring S1 villain.

That alone will be epic. Plus the guy who played pre body snatch Reverse Flash is signed on for multiple episodes.... So there's potential in that too, whatever direction they decide to go in.

I have faith in em. Even if season two isn't as good as season one, I don't know if that's necessarily a terrible thing, because this season has seriously been one of the best debut seasons for any TV show I've ever seen.
I think they'll eventually defeat him, trap him in the super prison and then he'll probably escape at some point in S2.

On a sad note I guess the guy playing Wells will be dead for good now. No need to keep that charade around if Thawne realizes he's exposed.

Last edited:

I think its all downhill after this season :smh: . In my mind there's just so much you can do with the Flash

Agreed, they really set the bar high and tackled most of the Flash story.

Season 2 will be Iris/Barry back-and-forth again.
I think they need to cut that **** out asap.

Bring in Captain Cold's Rogues super villain team, hype up Grodd, and maybe have another time traveling speedster show up but on the predictable side I bet I'll see more lame crossovers with Arrow and Atom. I'd only care to see some other ppl like the fire dude.

Introduce Wally and Bart in season 2 or even tease one/both in the finale.

With iris being black will Wally be black?

didn't read comics, but if Eddie ends up being cobalt blue, wouldn't they be brothers?

Last edited:
I don't remember Iris having a brother other than Barry being adopted but they could also easily make Wallys dad (Iris' brother) be another adopted white dude?

Here's the tv family tree via Reddit, not 100% of it's accuracy and not everyone is confirmed to be on the film but I think it's a good chart for reference. The other pics is more of the comic book Flash family tree but due to continuity and reboots, it can get confusing.
View media item 1473049View media item 1473050View media item 1473051

Wally would probably be Joes nephew in this when he's inteoduced. Iris is too you g to have a nephew be in his teens

Wally would probably be Joes nephew in this when he's inteoduced. Iris is too you g to have a nephew be in his teens

I mean it could work if they all of a sudden reveal that Iris has a much older brother. Joe Lebronesque-line-up indicates dude could be pretty old. :lol:

That would be weird since he's never been mentioned before but they could just say he's estranged from the rest of the family.

I know everyone thinks rf absorbed wells mind as well as his body to make the accelerator but I dont think he did. He has that whole AI thing with that he uses as database of information right? if in his timeline the machine wasnt supposed to be made until 2021 and he is from centuries in the future it shouldnt be to farfetched to think that information is public knowledge by then. I mean that information is probably in his AI and he just uses that to make it himself plus he is a scientist himself so it shouldnt be that hard for him. that also is the ony way he was able to build it 6 years earlier. I mean if he took wells memories/brain power or whatever he would only know what wells knew so he wouldnt have been able to make it 6 years earlier then. The only viable reason he even took wells identity is probably becuase he didnt want to alter the timeline (besides making it earlier).

I hope that family tree doesn't end up being spoilers.

Eddie and Barry being half brothers doesn't even make sense to me.
I know everyone thinks rf absorbed wells mind as well as his body to make the accelerator but I dont think he did. He has that whole AI thing with that he uses as database of information right? if in his timeline the machine wasnt supposed to be made until 2021 and he is from centuries in the future it shouldnt be to farfetched to think that information is public knowledge by then. I mean that information is probably in his AI and he just uses that to make it himself plus he is a scientist himself so it shouldnt be that hard for him. that also is the ony way he was able to build it 6 years earlier. I mean if he took wells memories/brain power or whatever he would only know what wells knew so he wouldnt have been able to make it 6 years earlier then. The only viable reason he even took wells identity is probably becuase he didnt want to alter the timeline (besides making it earlier).
He has to absorb his mind in order to have his memories.

There's no way that in 15 years an old friend or family didn't try to get in touch with him. Not to mention when Wells wife died. There had to be a funeral. Eobard would be slipping hard to be around ppl like that and not know their names and back history. Sure his AI might know names and events but there's no way it knows personal information from centuries prior.

As far as making the accelerator earlier, yes he could do that. You just have to account for Eobard probably being a genius and then you can also bring in the help of the AI. For building the accelerator you could just rely on his AI computer but that's not the only reason for thinking Thawne also possesses Wells' memories. He'd need them to better adopt and imitate Wells.

Last edited:
Okay I thought I had this all figured out until I saw this thread and that chart. Now I'm confused AF :lol: I guess I'll just wait til it all plays out.

One big burning question I did have though (forgive me if it's been answered already): If Thawne is from that far in the future, how is he still the enemy of Barry? How is Barry still alive to face off against Thawne centuries later? I never read the comics and I'm not a big DC fan (Marvel fanboy here) so I'm not familiar with the Flash at all. Did he get the ability to live past a normal life cycle when he got the Flash powers? Or an alternative explanation could be that Thawne just went back in time from his period, met future Flash, faced off, then went even further to kill kid Barry. But if that's the explanation, why did Thawne even go back in the first place????

When I got on board with this show, I had no idea there was this much time travel thinking stuff. :lol: Show hurts my brain sometimes.

In the comics, Eobard Thawne is a big Barry Allen fan so he traveled back in time to meet his idol after he got the same powers as Flah by replicating how Barry got his powers.

Back
Top Bottom