The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by NobleKane

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
isnt jordan lebron's idol?? just imagine jordan coming up to one of you shoe heads and saying "your a flaming #!%#%+ for collecting my shoes only women collect shoes" it be like your dad slapping an ice cream cone out your hand
laugh.gif

roll.gif

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
isnt jordan lebron's idol?? just imagine jordan coming up to one of you shoe heads and saying "your a flaming #!%#%+ for collecting my shoes only women collect shoes" it be like your dad slapping an ice cream cone out your hand
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I don't see how you can compare Magic/Bird with Bosh/Wade...meaning MJ would be LBJ? Ha!

If LBJ went to LA to join up with Kobe then he might have a point.

No doubt Jordan is the G.O.A.T.  That 100% Finals record as team leader
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't see how you can compare Magic/Bird with Bosh/Wade...meaning MJ would be LBJ? Ha!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LeBron is not joining neither Magic nor Bird. He's joining a team that has two first round exits in two past seasons and had a 15 win season just 3 seasons ago, only 6 wins more than the worst record ever.

Jordan always had Pippen and Grant/Rodman. LeBron barely had a B.J. Armstrong in Mo Williams. MJ, you're the man, but you're not fooling anyone if you're trying to convince someone that you wouldn't have left the Bulls had Pip not come to the rescue.
wow i just gotta say you say some of the dumbest things ever.

first the 6 rings lebron thing and now bringing up grant and rodman??? like they were superstars??? pippen to the rescue?? the +%!#? Jordan made Pippen....

lebron is joining two FRANCHISE players in miami....

is your love so hard up for lebron that you have to discredit two outstanding superstars in wade and bosh???

LeBron is not joining neither Magic nor Bird. He's joining a team that has two first round exits in two past seasons and had a 15 win season just 3 seasons ago, only 6 wins more than the worst record ever.

Jordan always had Pippen and Grant/Rodman. LeBron barely had a B.J. Armstrong in Mo Williams. MJ, you're the man, but you're not fooling anyone if you're trying to convince someone that you wouldn't have left the Bulls had Pip not come to the rescue.

first the 6 rings lebron thing and now bringing up grant and rodman??? like they were superstars??? pippen to the rescue?? the +%!#? Jordan made Pippen....

is your love so hard up for lebron that you have to discredit two outstanding superstars in wade and bosh???

Originally Posted by windycity7

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Now that the GOAT has spoken, it's time for all you LeRobin lovers to just admit defeat regarding you viewpoints on his move to Miami and correct your wrongs.  Like I and others have been saying on here, LeRobin went from being the King to now becoming the court jester in a matter of minutes.  7 years completely down the drain just like that.  MJ is right, when your a real competitor you simply don't do things like jumping ship to another man's team and city, you just don't do it. 

However, I'm sure some of you dudes are going to try and discredit MJ's words somehow someway.  I can already see my boy DoubleJ's trying to downplay MJ's comments by posting that Kevin Garnett quote about him being loyal to a team for too long and missing out on winning a championship earlier in his career or trying to say that Jordan's comments don't mean anything because unlike Kevin Garnett, Jordan never yelled out "ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE" after winning a NBA championship.
Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

LOL.
Im sure Lebron wouldn't have went anywhere else if he played in a big city like Chicago... with one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the NBA top 50 greatest players as his sidekick.. with all the perfect role players

Do you realize that Jordan made Pippen and Phil Jackson household names??  That didn't happen overnight by the way.

Edit--

Also, Haze brings up an excellent point about LeRobin's hosting that one hour special at a Boys and Girls Club thats in a nice neighborhood and clearly isn't lacking any funds for projects, but yet instill LeRobin's wants to put up a front about how this show on his decision is suppose to be about charity and donating to the kids of the Boys and Girls Club of America.  Yet another fraudalent act by an individual who simply is a fraud. 

roll.gif

I can read the hate in your voice but it's so true.

I second this post!

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Now that the GOAT has spoken, it's time for all you LeRobin lovers to just admit defeat regarding you viewpoints on his move to Miami and correct your wrongs.  Like I and others have been saying on here, LeRobin went from being the King to now becoming the court jester in a matter of minutes.  7 years completely down the drain just like that.  MJ is right, when your a real competitor you simply don't do things like jumping ship to another man's team and city, you just don't do it. 

However, I'm sure some of you dudes are going to try and discredit MJ's words somehow someway.  I can already see my boy DoubleJ's trying to downplay MJ's comments by posting that Kevin Garnett quote about him being loyal to a team for too long and missing out on winning a championship earlier in his career or trying to say that Jordan's comments don't mean anything because unlike Kevin Garnett, Jordan never yelled out "ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE" after winning a NBA championship.
Wade doesn't even make some people's top 5 list.

LOL.
Im sure Lebron wouldn't have went anywhere else if he played in a big city like Chicago... with one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the NBA top 50 greatest players as his sidekick.. with all the perfect role players

Do you realize that Jordan made Pippen and Phil Jackson household names??  That didn't happen overnight by the way.

Edit--

Also, Haze brings up an excellent point about LeRobin's hosting that one hour special at a Boys and Girls Club thats in a nice neighborhood and clearly isn't lacking any funds for projects, but yet instill LeRobin's wants to put up a front about how this show on his decision is suppose to be about charity and donating to the kids of the Boys and Girls Club of America.  Yet another fraudalent act by an individual who simply is a fraud. 

roll.gif

I can read the hate in your voice but it's so true.

I second this post!

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
NobleKane hit it

/thread

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

damn thats %%#**@ up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
NobleKane hit it

/thread

Originally Posted by Rafabio

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

magic and bird were some of Mike's greatest peers. Wade and Bosh are some of lebron's greatest peers. (obviously wade much more but Bosh is a max guy and is top 15 or 20) He's saying relative to the competition in this current era, lebron went to go team up with some of the best players instead of beating them.

Originally Posted by Rafabio

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

magic and bird were some of Mike's greatest peers. Wade and Bosh are some of lebron's greatest peers. (obviously wade much more but Bosh is a max guy and is top 15 or 20) He's saying relative to the competition in this current era, lebron went to go team up with some of the best players instead of beating them.

What do you expect from this guy.  If a players name isn't Lebron he'll find a way to discredit and if his name is Kobe he'll make sure his career was just our imagination.

What do you expect from this guy.  If a players name isn't Lebron he'll find a way to discredit and if his name is Kobe he'll make sure his career was just our imagination.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Did anybody ever stop and think that Lebron doesn't WANT to be the greatest?  

Uhh...yeah...and that's exactly what we're saying.
The dudes with the counter arguments are the ones who are taking that to be a negative thing. I never said ANYTHING was wrong with it.

I'm just saying don't pretend like this ISN'T the situation at hand which is what some people are making it out to be.
real talk.. looking back, i don't even know why we were surprised that he chose Miami. he gave plenty of signs that fame and wealth were more important to him than anything else.

"I want to be the best, plain and simple" - Kobe Bryant

"If you're a competitive person, that stays with you. You don't stop. You always look over your shoulder." - Magic Johnson

"Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around. " - Larry Bird

"I just feel that my competitive drive is far greater than anyone else that I've met, and I think that I thrive on that.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]"
"I truly love the game; I wouldn't be playing if I didn't love the game. I'm not getting paid astronomical dollars; it's truly for the love of the game of basketball." - Michael Jordan

"In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire." - Lebron James
fancylebron.jpg

Lebron doesn't want to win rings out of love for the game.. he wants rings because having championships = more exposure, more endorsements which will expand his brand. that's fine by me.. dude had a deprived childhood and wants the money and the fame, i don't blame him. at least now that we know, we can take him out of the conversation of the legends. Lebron will go down as a great player, but there's never gonna be an arena with a Lebron James statue outside it.

/Lebron discussion

+1

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Did anybody ever stop and think that Lebron doesn't WANT to be the greatest?  

Uhh...yeah...and that's exactly what we're saying.
The dudes with the counter arguments are the ones who are taking that to be a negative thing. I never said ANYTHING was wrong with it.

I'm just saying don't pretend like this ISN'T the situation at hand which is what some people are making it out to be.
real talk.. looking back, i don't even know why we were surprised that he chose Miami. he gave plenty of signs that fame and wealth were more important to him than anything else.

"I want to be the best, plain and simple" - Kobe Bryant

"If you're a competitive person, that stays with you. You don't stop. You always look over your shoulder." - Magic Johnson

"Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around. " - Larry Bird

"I just feel that my competitive drive is far greater than anyone else that I've met, and I think that I thrive on that.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]"
"I truly love the game; I wouldn't be playing if I didn't love the game. I'm not getting paid astronomical dollars; it's truly for the love of the game of basketball." - Michael Jordan

"In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire." - Lebron James
fancylebron.jpg

Lebron doesn't want to win rings out of love for the game.. he wants rings because having championships = more exposure, more endorsements which will expand his brand. that's fine by me.. dude had a deprived childhood and wants the money and the fame, i don't blame him. at least now that we know, we can take him out of the conversation of the legends. Lebron will go down as a great player, but there's never gonna be an arena with a Lebron James statue outside it.

/Lebron discussion

+1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

people think this move is about money? Miami? Losing your place as 'the man'? Turning into (one of, if not...) the most hated man in sports?

How in the world can you figure that?? The Knicks presentation showed figures that it's a 400 MILLION difference for him between NY and Miami.

New York was the money move, and he didn't bite. Chicago was more lucrative as well.

I have no idea what the motive was, and I don't like the move -- but it damn sure was not about money and expanding his brand.
when they made those figures, did they factor in Bosh and Wade being on the Heat? i'm not sure if either of those guys had signed with Miami at that time.

in NYC or Chicago, Lebron would have run the risk of not winning a title for six years (though i would've bet my car that he'd win at least one in NYC and bet the house on Chicago). but once Bosh and Wade signed with the Heat, Lebron saw the potential for a dynasty. there's no doubt that winning 3-6 titles in six years would generate more wealth and exposure than winning, say, one.

i mean, Jordan is STILL selling crappy shoes for $175. Kobe still has the best-selling jersey despite Lebron winning the last two MVPs... it's because for the last few weeks of the NBA season, the Kobe Bryant name and image is 10x more prominent than Lebrons, simply because Lebron isn't on TV. when year after year, the lasting image of the NBA on every highlight is the same guy jumping around in celebration, it'll do a lot for that player's brand.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

people think this move is about money? Miami? Losing your place as 'the man'? Turning into (one of, if not...) the most hated man in sports?

How in the world can you figure that?? The Knicks presentation showed figures that it's a 400 MILLION difference for him between NY and Miami.

New York was the money move, and he didn't bite. Chicago was more lucrative as well.

I have no idea what the motive was, and I don't like the move -- but it damn sure was not about money and expanding his brand.
when they made those figures, did they factor in Bosh and Wade being on the Heat? i'm not sure if either of those guys had signed with Miami at that time.

in NYC or Chicago, Lebron would have run the risk of not winning a title for six years (though i would've bet my car that he'd win at least one in NYC and bet the house on Chicago). but once Bosh and Wade signed with the Heat, Lebron saw the potential for a dynasty. there's no doubt that winning 3-6 titles in six years would generate more wealth and exposure than winning, say, one.

i mean, Jordan is STILL selling crappy shoes for $175. Kobe still has the best-selling jersey despite Lebron winning the last two MVPs... it's because for the last few weeks of the NBA season, the Kobe Bryant name and image is 10x more prominent than Lebrons, simply because Lebron isn't on TV. when year after year, the lasting image of the NBA on every highlight is the same guy jumping around in celebration, it'll do a lot for that player's brand.

I take it you still feel he'll be 'the man' then?

cause people can't say a guy is regulated to a prince or scottie pippen status and then believe his brand will be enhanced more in Miami.

It can't work both ways.

I take it you still feel he'll be 'the man' then?

cause people can't say a guy is regulated to a prince or scottie pippen status and then believe his brand will be enhanced more in Miami.

It can't work both ways.

Back
Top Bottom