The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

LeBron is not joining neither Magic nor Bird. He's joining a team that has two first round exits in two past seasons and had a 15 win season just 3 seasons ago, only 6 wins more than the worst record ever.

Jordan always had Pippen and Grant/Rodman. LeBron barely had a B.J. Armstrong in Mo Williams. MJ, you're the man, but you're not fooling anyone if you're trying to convince someone that you wouldn't have left the Bulls had Pip not come to the rescue.
wow i just gotta say you say some of the dumbest things ever.

first the 6 rings lebron thing and now bringing up grant and rodman??? like they were superstars??? pippen to the rescue?? the +%!#? Jordan made Pippen....

lebron is joining two FRANCHISE players in miami....

is your love so hard up for lebron that you have to discredit two outstanding superstars in wade and bosh???

If you want to talk about numbers, then no, Jordan didn't need Pippen. He would've continued to score 30+ per game for many years if Pippen didn't come to the Bulls, without winning $%*%.
If you want to talk about Jordan in terms of rings, then yes, Pippen did come to the rescue. The fact remains that he has 0 rings without Pippen.

Magic and Bird were perennial contenders. TRUE contenders.

LeBron is joining two players in Miami who both did considerably worse than him in recent seasons in terms of winning. And yet a LeBron hater like yourself whose avatar is a representation of what you dream of doing to Kobe's %#@ hole conveniently ignores this. Haters like yourself only like to point out how LeBron is coming to join a player who won a championship before and to ride him to a ring. The fact remains that Wade won a championship in 2006, but this same franchise that he won a championship with had a 15-67 record in 2008. Did any teams Magic and Bird played on finish with 15 wins or had the worst record in the league? 2008 is closer to 2010 than 2006 you hater.

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

LeBron is not joining neither Magic nor Bird. He's joining a team that has two first round exits in two past seasons and had a 15 win season just 3 seasons ago, only 6 wins more than the worst record ever.

Jordan always had Pippen and Grant/Rodman. LeBron barely had a B.J. Armstrong in Mo Williams. MJ, you're the man, but you're not fooling anyone if you're trying to convince someone that you wouldn't have left the Bulls had Pip not come to the rescue.

first the 6 rings lebron thing and now bringing up grant and rodman??? like they were superstars??? pippen to the rescue?? the +%!#? Jordan made Pippen....

is your love so hard up for lebron that you have to discredit two outstanding superstars in wade and bosh???

If you want to talk about numbers, then no, Jordan didn't need Pippen. He would've continued to score 30+ per game for many years if Pippen didn't come to the Bulls, without winning $%*%.
If you want to talk about Jordan in terms of rings, then yes, Pippen did come to the rescue. The fact remains that he has 0 rings without Pippen.

LeBron is joining two players in Miami who both did considerably worse than him in recent seasons in terms of winning. And yet a LeBron hater like yourself whose avatar is a representation of what you dream of doing to Kobe's %#@ hole conveniently ignores this. Haters like yourself only like to point out how LeBron is coming to join a player who won a championship before and to ride him to a ring. The fact remains that Wade won a championship in 2006, but this same franchise that he won a championship with had a 15-67 record in 2008. Did any teams Magic and Bird played on finish with 15 wins or had the worst record in the league? 2008 is closer to 2010 than 2006 you hater.

$%%# it. Let's discredit everybody.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

What do you expect from this guy.  If a players name isn't Lebron he'll find a way to discredit and if his name is Kobe he'll make sure his career was just our imagination.

I have to agree with Xtapola.......LOL....JK......nah man seriously how old are you?? like 13-15  

Originally Posted by jbone2308

What do you expect from this guy.  If a players name isn't Lebron he'll find a way to discredit and if his name is Kobe he'll make sure his career was just our imagination.

I have to agree with Xtapola.......LOL....JK......nah man seriously how old are you?? like 13-15  

It just makes me mad as a sports fan and historian...

He could have become immortal. Now he will never be what he could and should have become. He mapped out a destiny only to turn his back when the going got tough. His brand and image will never be what it could have become. It burns me that a man with this much talent didn't understand the responsibility that comes with such gifts.

It sucks because a player and personality like LeBron is once in a generation. He's just that damn good...
smh.gif

I have been trying to think of comparisons and Peyton Manning always pops in my head. It would have sucked if he went to another team after all those losses to the Patriots and Steelers. I was rooting for my Bears to the fullest but I can't front and say that I didn't respect the man for cementing his legacy with that season.

He could have become immortal. Now he will never be what he could and should have become. He mapped out a destiny only to turn his back when the going got tough. His brand and image will never be what it could have become. It burns me that a man with this much talent didn't understand the responsibility that comes with such gifts.

It sucks because a player and personality like LeBron is once in a generation. He's just that damn good...
smh.gif

I have been trying to think of comparisons and Peyton Manning always pops in my head. It would have sucked if he went to another team after all those losses to the Patriots and Steelers. I was rooting for my Bears to the fullest but I can't front and say that I didn't respect the man for cementing his legacy with that season.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I take it you still feel he'll be 'the man' then?

cause people can't say a guy is regulated to a prince or scottie pippen status and then believe his brand will be enhanced more in Miami.

It can't work both ways.
i'm not saying that's what i think, i'm saying that's what he probably thought when he decided to go to Miami.

he didn't consider that people would always regard the Heat as Wade's team and even if they win, he was the one who jumped on Wades back. and that he'd look like a jack $+@ in all of this and turn the world against him.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I take it you still feel he'll be 'the man' then?

cause people can't say a guy is regulated to a prince or scottie pippen status and then believe his brand will be enhanced more in Miami.

It can't work both ways.
i'm not saying that's what i think, i'm saying that's what he probably thought when he decided to go to Miami.

he didn't consider that people would always regard the Heat as Wade's team and even if they win, he was the one who jumped on Wades back. and that he'd look like a jack $+@ in all of this and turn the world against him.

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Did anybody ever stop and think that Lebron doesn't WANT to be the greatest?  

Uhh...yeah...and that's exactly what we're saying.
The dudes with the counter arguments are the ones who are taking that to be a negative thing. I never said ANYTHING was wrong with it.

I'm just saying don't pretend like this ISN'T the situation at hand which is what some people are making it out to be.
real talk.. looking back, i don't even know why we were surprised that he chose Miami. he gave plenty of signs that fame and wealth were more important to him than anything else.

"I want to be the best, plain and simple" - Kobe Bryant

"If you're a competitive person, that stays with you. You don't stop. You always look over your shoulder." - Magic Johnson

"Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.
" - Larry Bird

"I just feel that my competitive drive is far greater than anyone else that I've met, and I think that I thrive on that.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]"
"I truly love the game; I wouldn't be playing if I didn't love the game. I'm not getting paid astronomical dollars; it's truly for the love of the game of basketball." - Michael Jordan

"In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire." - Lebron James
fancylebron.jpg

Lebron doesn't want to win rings out of love for the game.. he wants rings because having championships = more exposure, more endorsements which will expand his brand. that's fine by me.. dude had a deprived childhood and wants the money and the fame, i don't blame him. at least now that we know, we can take him out of the conversation of the legends. Lebron will go down as a great player, but there's never gonna be an arena with a Lebron James statue outside it.

/Lebron discussion

As for playing alongside Wade, James said the hard practices will make the games “easyâ€

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Did anybody ever stop and think that Lebron doesn't WANT to be the greatest?  

Uhh...yeah...and that's exactly what we're saying.
The dudes with the counter arguments are the ones who are taking that to be a negative thing. I never said ANYTHING was wrong with it.

I'm just saying don't pretend like this ISN'T the situation at hand which is what some people are making it out to be.
real talk.. looking back, i don't even know why we were surprised that he chose Miami. he gave plenty of signs that fame and wealth were more important to him than anything else.

"I want to be the best, plain and simple" - Kobe Bryant

"If you're a competitive person, that stays with you. You don't stop. You always look over your shoulder." - Magic Johnson

"Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.
" - Larry Bird

"I just feel that my competitive drive is far greater than anyone else that I've met, and I think that I thrive on that.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]"
"I truly love the game; I wouldn't be playing if I didn't love the game. I'm not getting paid astronomical dollars; it's truly for the love of the game of basketball." - Michael Jordan

"In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire." - Lebron James
fancylebron.jpg

Lebron doesn't want to win rings out of love for the game.. he wants rings because having championships = more exposure, more endorsements which will expand his brand. that's fine by me.. dude had a deprived childhood and wants the money and the fame, i don't blame him. at least now that we know, we can take him out of the conversation of the legends. Lebron will go down as a great player, but there's never gonna be an arena with a Lebron James statue outside it.

/Lebron discussion

As for playing alongside Wade, James said the hard practices will make the games “easyâ€

Originally Posted by bijald0331

smh.gif

Real talk right here. He got scared. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

smh.gif

Real talk right here. He got scared. Plain and simple.

I'm not a huge Lebron fan but I've never seen refer to himself as King or the chosen one or have the arrogance that comes along with that type of nickname.
I mean, the dude has it tatted on him, he doesnt really need to say it. And arrogance? Only an arrogant man would handle his free agency decision like he did.

Originally Posted by DubA169

magic and bird were some of Mike's greatest peers. Wade and Bosh are some of lebron's greatest peers. (obviously wade much more but Bosh is a max guy and is top 15 or 20) He's saying relative to the competition in this current era, lebron went to go team up with some of the best players instead of beating them.
Finally someone said it. Thank you. Most these dudes are thinking MJ was comparing Wade and Bosh to Larry and Magic on a performance level. Its not about that...

I'm not a huge Lebron fan but I've never seen refer to himself as King or the chosen one or have the arrogance that comes along with that type of nickname.
I mean, the dude has it tatted on him, he doesnt really need to say it. And arrogance? Only an arrogant man would handle his free agency decision like he did.

Originally Posted by DubA169

magic and bird were some of Mike's greatest peers. Wade and Bosh are some of lebron's greatest peers. (obviously wade much more but Bosh is a max guy and is top 15 or 20) He's saying relative to the competition in this current era, lebron went to go team up with some of the best players instead of beating them.
Finally someone said it. Thank you. Most these dudes are thinking MJ was comparing Wade and Bosh to Larry and Magic on a performance level. Its not about that...

I don't know why yall still talkin about how they took less money to win. These dudes got you fooled.

The Knicks offered all 3 of them a package where they'd take something like 11.5 each (that's really taking a pay cut to win) which wouldn't be that much of a big deal since they would've recouped more than they loss in NY. Not to mention the Knicks already had a few young good players on the roster. They instead chose to sign to a basketball team with no players (in a football town mind you) for not that much of a big pay cut and some tax relief. All Wade and LeBron had to do was tell Walsh they're interested and he would've held off on signing Amar'e. They simply weighed the pros and cons, pros that favored NY but opted for MIA cuz they aint wanna deal with the pressure. I'd attribute most of the decision to LeBron and Wade since Bosh would follow wherever. Wade was smart enough to make both of them come to him so he could be the guy. LeBron simply feared the pressure and did not want to be "the guy" since the chance of failing in NY is much worse than failing in Cle.

I don't know why yall still talkin about how they took less money to win. These dudes got you fooled.

The Knicks offered all 3 of them a package where they'd take something like 11.5 each (that's really taking a pay cut to win) which wouldn't be that much of a big deal since they would've recouped more than they loss in NY. Not to mention the Knicks already had a few young good players on the roster. They instead chose to sign to a basketball team with no players (in a football town mind you) for not that much of a big pay cut and some tax relief. All Wade and LeBron had to do was tell Walsh they're interested and he would've held off on signing Amar'e. They simply weighed the pros and cons, pros that favored NY but opted for MIA cuz they aint wanna deal with the pressure. I'd attribute most of the decision to LeBron and Wade since Bosh would follow wherever. Wade was smart enough to make both of them come to him so he could be the guy. LeBron simply feared the pressure and did not want to be "the guy" since the chance of failing in NY is much worse than failing in Cle.

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

laugh.gif
 @ you calling anyone a hater. 
In your first post you may have posted some of the most meaningless statistics ever. He is joining an organization that had 2 first round exits in the last 2 seasons, but it is far from the same team. There are what 2 players on the current roster remaining from that team? And are you really bring up a 15 win season in 07-08 where Dwayne Wade played 51 games... 51 games at not even close to 100 percent? Again... 
laugh.gif

And when Scottie came into the league, he wasn't traded for to become MJ's savior. You act like the Bulls started winning chip's right when he got there. 

Scotties numbers in his first 3 season's:

7.9ppg 3.8rpg, 2.1apg 

14.4ppg, 6.1apg, 3.5apg

16.5ppg, 6.7rpg, 5.4apg

Not exactly numbers of someone coming to the "rescue".  

Even in his fourth season when they won the title, he only averaged 17.8ppg, 7.3rpg, 6.2 apg

Now Lebron is joining forces with Dwayne Wade who averaged 26.6ppg, 4.5rpg, 6.5apg and Chris Bosh who averaged 24ppg, 10.8 rpg, and 2.4rpg last year

Now those are coming to the rescue numbers. 

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

laugh.gif
 @ you calling anyone a hater. 
In your first post you may have posted some of the most meaningless statistics ever. He is joining an organization that had 2 first round exits in the last 2 seasons, but it is far from the same team. There are what 2 players on the current roster remaining from that team? And are you really bring up a 15 win season in 07-08 where Dwayne Wade played 51 games... 51 games at not even close to 100 percent? Again... 
laugh.gif

And when Scottie came into the league, he wasn't traded for to become MJ's savior. You act like the Bulls started winning chip's right when he got there. 

Scotties numbers in his first 3 season's:

7.9ppg 3.8rpg, 2.1apg 

14.4ppg, 6.1apg, 3.5apg

16.5ppg, 6.7rpg, 5.4apg

Not exactly numbers of someone coming to the "rescue".  

Even in his fourth season when they won the title, he only averaged 17.8ppg, 7.3rpg, 6.2 apg

Now Lebron is joining forces with Dwayne Wade who averaged 26.6ppg, 4.5rpg, 6.5apg and Chris Bosh who averaged 24ppg, 10.8 rpg, and 2.4rpg last year

Now those are coming to the rescue numbers. 

A lot of people have been posting stuff disregarding facts or even common sense. Jordan made the comparison to simply say any top player(s) in the league were the people he was gunnin' for in order to compete and prove that he was the best. LeBron formed an alliance with other superpowers from individual talent standpoints. Also for the people talking about the Miami 15 win season...Wade was hurt practically all year so that argument becomes void. That simply shows how good that team is without Wade, and still he leads that same team to 2 playoff berths when healthy after that season. "Jordan didn't win a ring without Scottie"....Scottie never won a ring without Jordan, so again that point becomes void. For those that talk about LeBron's lack of help in Cle, please save that as well. I've never seen one player have management cater to their every want the way Cle has with Bron. He has an excellent combination of role players and scoring threats which has been made evident with their record the past 2 seasons. Stop giving Bron a pass and making excuses for him. Jordan got drafted to Chi and pieces fell into place, and at the same time those pieces were not ideal for anyone. Jordan got the best out of his teammates due to his relentless competitiveness and his pursuit for perfection. Like someone else stated, aside from Scottie during the first 3-peat, none of those names would be remembered right now if they had not played on Chi with Jordan. During the second 3-peat, aside from Scottie and Dennis, none of those guys would be remembered and some of them actually aren't lol.

A lot of people have been posting stuff disregarding facts or even common sense. Jordan made the comparison to simply say any top player(s) in the league were the people he was gunnin' for in order to compete and prove that he was the best. LeBron formed an alliance with other superpowers from individual talent standpoints. Also for the people talking about the Miami 15 win season...Wade was hurt practically all year so that argument becomes void. That simply shows how good that team is without Wade, and still he leads that same team to 2 playoff berths when healthy after that season. "Jordan didn't win a ring without Scottie"....Scottie never won a ring without Jordan, so again that point becomes void. For those that talk about LeBron's lack of help in Cle, please save that as well. I've never seen one player have management cater to their every want the way Cle has with Bron. He has an excellent combination of role players and scoring threats which has been made evident with their record the past 2 seasons. Stop giving Bron a pass and making excuses for him. Jordan got drafted to Chi and pieces fell into place, and at the same time those pieces were not ideal for anyone. Jordan got the best out of his teammates due to his relentless competitiveness and his pursuit for perfection. Like someone else stated, aside from Scottie during the first 3-peat, none of those names would be remembered right now if they had not played on Chi with Jordan. During the second 3-peat, aside from Scottie and Dennis, none of those guys would be remembered and some of them actually aren't lol.

Back
Top Bottom