The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

i find it funny when people counter what mj said with "'why did u draft kwame brown""  what does that have to do with him being a competitive player? 
laugh.gif
who would have ever thought the so called king would be a sidekick on wades team like showed on that sports illustrated cover 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that picture says it all about lebron.

i find it funny when people counter what mj said with "'why did u draft kwame brown""  what does that have to do with him being a competitive player? 
laugh.gif
who would have ever thought the so called king would be a sidekick on wades team like showed on that sports illustrated cover 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that picture says it all about lebron.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

It's really very simple: Him drafting Pau Gasol or one of the other much better players than Kwame Brown in the 2001 draft would've allowed him to be competitive by increasing the odds of him going to the playoffs with the Wizards instead of missing the playoffs both years.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

It's really very simple: Him drafting Pau Gasol or one of the other much better players than Kwame Brown in the 2001 draft would've allowed him to be competitive by increasing the odds of him going to the playoffs with the Wizards instead of missing the playoffs both years.

It's funny how people "know" that Bron is the sidekick and the season hasn't even started yet.

Question: If bron gets another mvp, would you all still refer to him as the sidekick? I'm just curious.

I'm not a Lebron fan at all, but the hate/glorifying in this thread is unbelievable.

It's funny how people "know" that Bron is the sidekick and the season hasn't even started yet.

Question: If bron gets another mvp, would you all still refer to him as the sidekick? I'm just curious.

I'm not a Lebron fan at all, but the hate/glorifying in this thread is unbelievable.

[Biggie]Here's another one[/Biggie]
As for the saga that led to the union of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Bird had mixed feelings.

"That's why we have free agency," he told Dakich. "When you get an opportunity to get an open market, anything can happen. I'm like a lot of people. I'd like to have seen LeBron stay in Cleveland but his desire was to go play with some great players and try to win championships. You've got to do what's best for yourself. He's a very, very talented young man, a great basketball player and he wanted to go play with Wade and Bosh. He had the ability to do that and he did it.

"They'll be a great team but it's no guarantee they're going to win it next year."

With JMV, Bird broached the topic of the ultimate what-if scenario from his playing days.

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."
Source

[Biggie]Here's another one[/Biggie]
As for the saga that led to the union of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Bird had mixed feelings.

"That's why we have free agency," he told Dakich. "When you get an opportunity to get an open market, anything can happen. I'm like a lot of people. I'd like to have seen LeBron stay in Cleveland but his desire was to go play with some great players and try to win championships. You've got to do what's best for yourself. He's a very, very talented young man, a great basketball player and he wanted to go play with Wade and Bosh. He had the ability to do that and he did it.

"They'll be a great team but it's no guarantee they're going to win it next year."

With JMV, Bird broached the topic of the ultimate what-if scenario from his playing days.

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."
Source

I was listening to the radio today and dudes were talking about what Lebron might be thinking right now and what Wade is thinking right now. To get to the jest of what was said they are saying that they are both going to try to shine and show that hey I am the best here and it could really bring that team down when those are trying to go for their the whole time.

I was listening to the radio today and dudes were talking about what Lebron might be thinking right now and what Wade is thinking right now. To get to the jest of what was said they are saying that they are both going to try to shine and show that hey I am the best here and it could really bring that team down when those are trying to go for their the whole time.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif
@ beat them, not join them. How the hell can LeBron beat Wade when Wade is always out in the first round and he doesn't even get the opportunity to beat him?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

laugh.gif
@ beat them, not join them. How the hell can LeBron beat Wade when Wade is always out in the first round and he doesn't even get the opportunity to beat him?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

This is def a Lakers fan. I'd be scared too. Heck I'm nervous as hell as a Bulls fan and we don't have much to lose. Don't want them to eviscerate my team's confidence for the next 5 years
smh.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

This is def a Lakers fan. I'd be scared too. Heck I'm nervous as hell as a Bulls fan and we don't have much to lose. Don't want them to eviscerate my team's confidence for the next 5 years
smh.gif

I will say this though.

If Lebron wins three or four with the Heat he can still leave after this contract is up.

If he does and gets a championship as the hands down best player on the team all us haters will have to the shut the hell up.

Kobe did it.

I will say this though.

If Lebron wins three or four with the Heat he can still leave after this contract is up.

If he does and gets a championship as the hands down best player on the team all us haters will have to the shut the hell up.

Kobe did it.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I will say this though.

Kobe did it.
the thing is, lebron is hands down the best player on the heat. dude just won 2 MVPs in landslide fashion.

how the hell is lebron going to be demoted just bc he changed teams? just b/c y'all don't like his decision doesn't make him a lesser player.

the dude will be the best player on the heat. his 2nd and 3rd best players are just all-stars now.

I will say this though.

Kobe did it.
the thing is, lebron is hands down the best player on the heat. dude just won 2 MVPs in landslide fashion.

how the hell is lebron going to be demoted just bc he changed teams? just b/c y'all don't like his decision doesn't make him a lesser player.

the dude will be the best player on the heat. his 2nd and 3rd best players are just all-stars now.

Really though why is everyone assuming that MJ was directing his words towards LBJ? He could have been talking about Wade too ya know...

Really though why is everyone assuming that MJ was directing his words towards LBJ? He could have been talking about Wade too ya know...

Originally Posted by nyk buc

I will say this though.

Kobe did it.

I think Lebron James is the best player in the NBA.

But ain't no way in hell he's hands down better than Wade

If I already have a halfway decent team in place I would actually rather have Wade than Lebron.

But if I'm starting from absolute scratch I take Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom