"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

IMG_0128.jpeg

15 seasons…28 triple doubles in his career. Yeah, okay.

^^^I was responding to the claim he was closely monitoring his triple doubles. He wasn’t. 28 ain’t like Westbrook or Harden.

What #s was he chasing? Scoring? Or was the scoring a result of necessity and the twisted mind of the greates competitor this world has ever seen (besides Tom Brady)?

Getting triple doubles is the only way to pad your stats? News to me.

He cared about his stats just as much as any other star player did. We have to stop pretending ALL stars aren't chasing stats.

It doesn't matter what you say they love Mike too much to let it be true :rofl:

^^^I was responding to the claim he was closely monitoring his triple doubles. He wasn’t. 28 ain’t like Westbrook or Harden.

What #s was he chasing? Scoring? Or was the scoring a result of necessity and the twisted mind of the greates competitor this world has ever seen (besides Tom Brady)?

Yea but Triple Double padding is a fairly recent thing thanks to Westbrook. It wasn't really a think back in his time. (Yes there are Era based statistical trends).

So to use his low # of 3x2 as evidence that he didn't chase stats wouldn't be a strong argument in my opinion.

And again, my stance is any basketball player that sets foot on a court chases stats so TO ME it isn't even necessarily a negative thing.

Yea but Triple Double padding is a fairly recent thing thanks to Westbrook. It wasn't really a think back in his time. (Yes there are Era based statistical trends).

So to use his low # of 3x2 as evidence that he didn't chase stats wouldn't be a strong argument in my opinion.

And again, my stance is any basketball player that sets foot on a court chases stats so TO ME it isn't even necessarily a negative thing.
from what is evident, MJ cares a lot about winning than any other things. I remember opposing players taunting MJ losing or having a bad game, and came back to win to prove them wrong.

this other player though is just sad........

Wouldn't it be more Pat Riley than Jeff Van Gundy? The Rivalry was only competitive and good during Riley's tenure. In 1996, they got a gentleman's sweep from the Bulls. After his departure, the Heat and Knicks began their rivalry. Thanks to Riley and how competitive the NBA "appeared" in the 90s, the Knicks had rivalries against the Heat, Pacers, Bulls in the east.
Van Gundy was Knicks assistant coach from 89-96. He used to tell Knicks players not to hang with MJ prior to the game cause he would be friendly then eat the hearts out during the game. MJ took offense to that comment and would talk trash to Vand Gundy thru out the rivalry

Who made that take?

MJ was pretty much unstoppable on offense with his game. That jumper he had later on in his career was unfair.

If he played today he’d be using that ridiculous step back, taking even more advantage of calls and probably be 38%-40% from three.

Jordan would not be a 40% 3 point shooter y’all need to stop it 😂

Man Nike, the NBA and its marketing needs to be studied. Cause they’ve gotten away with these lies for almost 3 decades.

I’ve been saying this for years on here, now other people are going back and watching the games. About time.

In todays NBA?

With how good his jumper was? With how much he worked hard to refine his craft?

Lebron is shooting 40% from three this year!! But Jordan couldn’t if he came up in this era?

In todays NBA?

With how good his jumper was? With how much he worked hard to refine his craft?

Lebron is shooting 40% from three this year!! But Jordan couldn’t if he came up in this era?

No. Jordan couldn’t shoot.

Yes Lebron can he’s the best basketball player we’ve ever seen. 1 of 1. Reinvented his game multiple times.

Jordan isn’t that.

Who made that take?

MJ was pretty much unstoppable on offense with his game. That jumper he had later on in his career was unfair.

If he played today he’d be using that ridiculous step back, taking even more advantage of calls and probably be 38%-40% from three.
Isiah did in the last year or so.
No. Jordan couldn’t shoot.

Yes Lebron can he’s the best basketball player we’ve ever seen. 1 of 1. Reinvented his game multiple times.

Jordan isn’t that.
I refuse to believe the same washed king that posts in the hinge thread is the one posting in other threads. In there, you seem to use reason and logic, anything related to lebron is utter nonsense.

“Jordan couldn’t shoot”

Yet he’s statistically one of the top midrange shooters of all time.

Meanwhile lebron is under 40% outside of 3 feet for his career.

You.
Are.
Not.
Serious.
My Guy.

Who made that take?

Younger folks have been all over twitter making video breakdowns of Jordan not being able to go right, Jordan couldn't check Clyde Drexler. A bunch of goofy stuff.

Younger folks have been all over twitter making video breakdowns of Jordan not being able to go right, Jordan couldn't check Clyde Drexler. A bunch of goofy stuff.
I hate social media. Same one that created a bizarre redneck gospel that Trump is a Dune like messiah, didn’t lose the 2020 election to a brain dead vegetable in diapers or has the ability to run sub 8 second 40 yard dash.

Washed King and the folks retweeting the below post are grade A trolls.

Oh man. I didn’t know Drexler’s final was stolen from him.

Please take away Jordan’s dunk contest wins, five MVPs (no one says how Barkeley, Malone stole those from him), however number of scoring titles, All NBA Teams, All NBA Defense, 6 rings, Hanes contract and the Charlotte Hornets.

I hate social media. Same one that created a bizarre redneck gospel that Trump is a Dune like messiah, didn’t lose the 2020 election to a brain dead vegetable in diapers or has the ability to run sub 8 second 40 yard dash.

Washed King and the folks retweeting the below post are grade A trolls.

Oh man. I didn’t know Drexler’s final was stolen from him.

Please take away Jordan’s dunk contest wins, five MVPs (no one says how Barkeley, Malone stole those from him), however number of scoring titles, All NBA Teams, All NBA Defense, 6 rings, Hanes contract and the Charlotte Hornets.
Drexler was criminally underrated. He was a superstar. even during the last years of his career, he was a crucial superstar player in that Rockets team that won back to back. I don't think the Rockets could have won without Drexler.

on the otherhand, as great as Lebron is, how can he allow himself to be humiliated by mere Jabronis.

Drexler was criminally underrated. He was a superstar. even during the last years of his career, he was a crucial superstar player in that Rockets team that won back to back. I don't think the Rockets could have won without Drexler.

on the otherhand, as great as Lebron is, how can he allow himself to be humiliated by mere Jabronis.

You know what’s wild? Jordan didn’t play 93-94 and came back in late 94-95 season.The only times folks won a chip during his run from 91-98 was when he wasn’t there or in prime playing shape.

I’d also say that second chip was a case of the sophomore slump earlier in the season as the Rockets were coming off winning the championship against the Knicks 😢.

I have no slander against Lebron. I recognize his longevity. His athleticism and ability to play five positions. His consistent greatness (career avg of 27 ppg). If he wanted to he could’ve extreme stat pad liked Westbrook, Harden, etc. I’d also say Lebron played during a competitive time frame. The Lakers, the Spurs, Warriors and Nuggets were in there (also the big three Celtics). I just don’t understand why folks are bashing MJ and Drexler.

You know what’s wild? Jordan didn’t play 93-94 and came back in late 94-95 season.The only times folks won a chip during his run from 91-98 was when he wasn’t there or in prime playing shape.

I’d also say that second chip was a case of the sophomore slump earlier in the season as the Rockets were coming off winning the championship against the Knicks 😢.

I have no slander against Lebron. I recognize his longevity. His athleticism and ability to play five positions. His consistent greatness (career avg of 27 ppg). If he wanted to he could’ve extreme stat pad liked Westbrook, Harden, etc. I’d also say Lebron played during a competitive time frame. The Lakers, the Spurs, Warriors and Nuggets were in there (also the big three Celtics). I just don’t understand why folks are bashing MJ and Drexler.
maybe because they are old. atleast for me, never bashed anyone who came from a different era of basketball. every era has an influence to how the game is played and improved on. Gervin taught me the crucial part of an effective finger-roll. Kareem and Magic taught me the essentials of a hook/baby hook shot. Mchale the importance of footwork and fakes. Duncan about perfecting your fundamentals. Doncic not being too flashy but yet extremely effective with the proper fundamentals, same with Jokic plus opening the doors for Big Men to play small ball and permitting to shoot threes which was taboo in the past.

talk to some of these new generation players and they don't know anything about the players of past eras other than what legacy still exists. but when it comes to plays and how they were, totally ignorant.

I had experienced 80s,90s,2000s and 2010 style basketball. and I must say playing the 2010s style of play is the easiest I have experienced. defense is almost non-existent unless Draymond is the one stomping and chocking me.

The fact of the matter is the 90’s basketball wasn’t a better product than what he have today. The defense wasn’t better, the players just were less offensively skilled. If you go to a middle school girls basketball game and the Final score is 25-28 was great defense being played? I doubt it.

Isiah did in the last year or so.

I refuse to believe the same washed king that posts in the hinge thread is the one posting in other threads. In there, you seem to use reason and logic, anything related to lebron is utter nonsense.

“Jordan couldn’t shoot”

Yet he’s statistically one of the top midrange shooters of all time.

Meanwhile lebron is under 40% outside of 3 feet for his career.

You.
Are.
Not.
Serious.
My Guy.

So Demar Derozan? And you do not want to compare Bron and Jordan when it comes to efficiency. Jordan only wins 1 category and that’s Free throws

Back
Top Bottom