The locking has gone too far Vol. Can you guess who the mad locking mod is?

Ayo dirty, I would think that by now you have made the more intelligent decision to read the thread.
Can you actually and sit there and say that people were advising OP on how to get illegal money?

Will you use the power invested in you by Method Man to stick to such an erroneous assumption?

Ayo dirty, I would think that by now you have made the more intelligent decision to read the thread.
Can you actually and sit there and say that people were advising OP on how to get illegal money?

Will you use the power invested in you by Method Man to stick to such an erroneous assumption?

DC, still bad examples. The which hand are you thread?
laugh.gif

If those are bad then what about your repetitive women/relationship threads. You seemingly say the same stuff.

Another thing that most other boards have is a "Thread locked By _______" note whenever a thread is locked. It is easy for the mods to hide their identity when locking threads. I am sure if we KNEW who locked each and every thread that we would see a reduction in locks.

Another thing that most other boards have is a "Thread locked By _______" note whenever a thread is locked. It is easy for the mods to hide their identity when locking threads. I am sure if we KNEW who locked each and every thread that we would see a reduction in locks.

laugh.gif

If those are bad then what about your repetitive women/relationship threads. You seemingly say the same stuff.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

laugh.gif

When was the last time I made one of those threads. I slowed down because yall kept crying about me being a chauvinist. 
laugh.gif

I don't see how those are bad examples. We are looking for threads that were locked for no reason right. I don't see any reason why any of the threads I posted were locked. Maybe I am missing something.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

laugh.gif

When was the last time I made one of those threads. I slowed down because yall kept crying about me being a chauvinist. 
laugh.gif

I don't see how those are bad examples. We are looking for threads that were locked for no reason right. I don't see any reason why any of the threads I posted were locked. Maybe I am missing something.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Diego

DC, you my dude and all (No NThomo), but those werent really good examples.
Why weren't they? Those were all threads that got locked for no apparent reason. Unless I don't know the TOS on this board, I didn't see any rules broken there.
I dont think about a rule being broken as much as it is about pointless threads.

Im sure Dirty would come back and make arguments such as

1) How many review threads do we need on this board? (Actually a decent point)
2) HW help threads for the most part arent allowed unless it actually brings about discussion (I could see that)
3)X Box live codes can be a waste of space if you consider that people will think its open season to create these threads whenever they want. (I needed a code the other day and rather than make a thread I went into the Halo thread and posted it there)

My problem is more when threads get locked that were actually on a decent path leading to good to somewhat good conversation. Such as the one about unemployment today.
And it sucks cause its been happening more often lately.

Those examples you posted werent really going anywhere when you think about it, even though no rules were broken.
Feel me homie?

Originally Posted by Diego

DC, you my dude and all (No NThomo), but those werent really good examples.
Why weren't they? Those were all threads that got locked for no apparent reason. Unless I don't know the TOS on this board, I didn't see any rules broken there.
I dont think about a rule being broken as much as it is about pointless threads.

Im sure Dirty would come back and make arguments such as

1) How many review threads do we need on this board? (Actually a decent point)
2) HW help threads for the most part arent allowed unless it actually brings about discussion (I could see that)
3)X Box live codes can be a waste of space if you consider that people will think its open season to create these threads whenever they want. (I needed a code the other day and rather than make a thread I went into the Halo thread and posted it there)

My problem is more when threads get locked that were actually on a decent path leading to good to somewhat good conversation. Such as the one about unemployment today.
And it sucks cause its been happening more often lately.

Those examples you posted werent really going anywhere when you think about it, even though no rules were broken.
Feel me homie?

Yea I got you Diego. But the point I was making is them locking threads just for the sake of locking them. They might not have had any direction but, let them live. It still falls under the Lock Happy Umbrella. But I see your point.

Dirty knows he is wrong in this thread, so I don't expect him to answer back. NOt reading the thread means a lot.

Yea I got you Diego. But the point I was making is them locking threads just for the sake of locking them. They might not have had any direction but, let them live. It still falls under the Lock Happy Umbrella. But I see your point.

Dirty knows he is wrong in this thread, so I don't expect him to answer back. NOt reading the thread means a lot.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I always thought that it should be mandatory that mods give a REASON before closing a thread. I have seen threads closed for God knows what reason. I don't know about those robots at times man.

DIrty, why not just add that IN the thread when locking it so folks wouldn't have to question you or your team?
eh...I'd think locking something that was discussing something ILLEGAL would make it quite obvious.
In that case, we should lock any thread regarding marijuana (whether its legalization, usage, etc.), gay marriage threads (unless they're made by posters in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa and Vermont), threads about alcohol consumption (we can't verify who is over or under 21), sexual relations (age requirements), etc.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I always thought that it should be mandatory that mods give a REASON before closing a thread. I have seen threads closed for God knows what reason. I don't know about those robots at times man.

DIrty, why not just add that IN the thread when locking it so folks wouldn't have to question you or your team?
eh...I'd think locking something that was discussing something ILLEGAL would make it quite obvious.
In that case, we should lock any thread regarding marijuana (whether its legalization, usage, etc.), gay marriage threads (unless they're made by posters in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa and Vermont), threads about alcohol consumption (we can't verify who is over or under 21), sexual relations (age requirements), etc.

ehh can care less what gets locked on here cause some schmuck will ask the same question a few days from now with the same replies. nt is like groundhogs day

ehh can care less what gets locked on here cause some schmuck will ask the same question a few days from now with the same replies. nt is like groundhogs day

TJ Detweiler wrote:
how do you know what was being discussed if you didn't read the thread? Just wondering...
I didn't read through =//= I didn't read it at all.

Hardly a thread discussing fraud.
Originally Posted by icopjordans82

iv been gettin unemployment for like a year and change now......I work 3 days a week.....when u claim it ask's how many days did u work in that week......sometimes I would put either 1-2 days a week.....I didn't do it every time I claimed most of the time I put down I worked 3 days that week......but I have a feeling they bagged me cuz why would they just put my claim on hold and just last week I got a payment from them

^ exactly.....I got a kid and apt and my girl was on maternity leave for 3 months......3 days work a week doesn't cut it......I had to lie just so I can get a lil extra money to pay my bills

I beg to differ

as far as all the locked threads.
1. I couldn't tell you.  Out of the few that I looked at, I locked one of them.
2. I'm not about to make this thread a referendum on how the staff should do their job, so posting links to every thread doesn't further the point.  I'm here discussing that thread and that thread alone.  If we lock a thread, there's usually a good reason behind it.

ps.
Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

man, motha %#!$ dirty and w2e.

suspended 2 weeks.

TJ Detweiler wrote:
how do you know what was being discussed if you didn't read the thread? Just wondering...
I didn't read through =//= I didn't read it at all.

Hardly a thread discussing fraud.

iv been gettin unemployment for like a year and change now......I work 3 days a week.....when u claim it ask's how many days did u work in that week......sometimes I would put either 1-2 days a week.....I didn't do it every time I claimed most of the time I put down I worked 3 days that week......but I have a feeling they bagged me cuz why would they just put my claim on hold and just last week I got a payment from them

^ exactly.....I got a kid and apt and my girl was on maternity leave for 3 months......3 days work a week doesn't cut it......I had to lie just so I can get a lil extra money to pay my bills

I beg to differ

as far as all the locked threads.
1. I couldn't tell you.  Out of the few that I looked at, I locked one of them.
2. I'm not about to make this thread a referendum on how the staff should do their job, so posting links to every thread doesn't further the point.  I'm here discussing that thread and that thread alone.  If we lock a thread, there's usually a good reason behind it.

ps.
Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

man, motha %#!$ dirty and w2e.

suspended 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom