The Major League Baseball Post

I didn't even know Max got called back up.

I was at the Yankee game yesterday, first time I've ever seen an MLB game where the line drive hit the pitcher in the head. One of the scariest moments I've ever seen. He was just laying there like a dead body. The richochet (sp?) off of his head was unreal. Really glad to hear he was OK.

My dumb !%% left when it was 10-4, I get out from underground and it's 13-11
laugh.gif

anyone see the stars and sripes hat they are using. Red Sox and Royals wore theirs today. Some have blue bills, some have red
pMLB2-7425537dt.jpg

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Buster Posey > Jason Heyward....yeah I said it.
You said it... And it's still not true.

Well if you are going by their first couple of games....

Castro>Heyward> Posey

Just sayin'

In the grand gist of things though, it's Heyward>Castro> Posey.

Heyward and Castro are only 20
eek.gif
.  Castro plays one of the hardest positions on the diamond.

Crushing a HR in your debut and getting 4 rbi's> Getting 3 rbi's
Hitting a HR in your debut and getting 6 rbi's> Getting 3 rbi's

Can't go wrong with any of those guys but I'd take Posey over all 3 in the long run. His eye at the plate is crazy good and he has a fluid swing that almost always makes for line drives.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Anyone check out the Stars and Stripes hats this year? They are gonna be white... I really like them...Way better then the red ones last year
pMLB2-7426297dt.jpg
where are they selling that hat? it looks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
We need a better picture than that bro.

One picture is a close up and the other isn't. Also, doesn't a shaved head make your head look bigger?

I know a guy that was in the Cardinals locker room in 2006 after they clinched the pennant at Shea Stadium, and he said Albert's back was covered in acne. Now he may have been bitter since he was a Mets fan, but it would be the big name the conspirators want to see uncovered.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif
We need a better picture than that bro.

One picture is a close up and the other isn't. Also, doesn't a shaved head make your head look bigger?
Lets not pretend going bald at the age of 30 is a common occurrence either...

Strasburg up within the week.
Scherzer faced 24 batters in 5.2 innings, only five of whom made contact. Kevin Kouzmanoff fouled out in the first, Ryan Sweeney grounded out in the third, Kouzmanoff lined out, Jack Cust doubled in the same inning, and Landon Powellsingled in the fifth. Other than that, everyone else either walked, gothit by a pitch, or struck out. Scherzer's day ended after he plunked Mark Ellisin the sixth, before which he struck out 14 Athletics. Even moreimpressively, 11 of those strikeouts came on swings and misses,including all three batters in the second. His four walks and one HBPtopped off a mostly contactless day.

With the performance Scherzer becomes the 209th pitcher in the past30 years who has recorded at least 14 strikeouts in a game. Yet heseparates himself a bit from the pack. Of the 98 pitchers with 14strikeouts, only five have done it in six innings. None have done it infewer, meaning Scherzer has the quickest 14 strikeouts in the past 30years. In fact, no pitcher in baseball history has struck out as manyas 14 in 5.2 innings. In 1994 Kevin Appier struck out 13 in 5.2 innings. Only A.J. Burnett did it with Scherzer's wildness. He walked four and struck out 14 in six innings for the Marlins in 2005.
Braden: 109 pitches, 77 strikes, 6 K, 7 GB, 10 FB (3 IFFB), 4 LD, +.355 WPA
Halladay: 115 pitches, 72 strikes, 11 K, 8 GB, 8 FB (2 IFFB), 0 LD, +.888 WPA

So the Twins intentionally walk Tex to have A-Rod bat with the bases loaded and he hits a grand slam.
The Indians intentionally walk Tex to have A-Rod bat with the bases loaded and he hits a grad slam.

First place before June 1st after a 9-game losing streak in the April.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I swear baseball is such a weird sport.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

my goodness how low can ubaldo's era go? 0.78 now
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Best pitcher in the N.L. today.
Are you insinuating that there is someone in the AL that is better than him?  If so,
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
Are you insinuating that there is someone in the AL that is better than him?  If so,
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Fair enough.

Best pitcher in the Majors today
grin.gif

Not for nothing though, Pettitte has been
eek.gif
this season.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Strasburg to debut vs. Pirates on June 8[/h3]By Bill Ladson / MLB.com
05/31/10 6:30 PM ET

WASHINGTON -- The Nationals have decided that right-hander StephenStrasburg will make his Major League debut on June 8 against Pirates --provided that a rainout or injury doesn't stand in the way, accordingto general manager Mike Rizzo.

Strasburg is scheduled to make his final Minor League start on Thursdayfor Triple-A Syracuse in Buffalo. Strasburg will throw six innings or95 pitches, Rizzo said.

Strasburg, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft,has been dominant in the Minors thus far, going a combined 6-2 with a1.43 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 50 1/3 innings for Double-A Harrisburgand Triple-A Syracuse.

"Along with [pitching coordinator] Spin Williams and pitching coachSteve McCatty, we had a plan in place since Spring Training [forStrasburg]," Rizzo said. "We believe he is ready to go. We like thatStephen could bounce back from tough outings."

Link

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Fair enough.

Best pitcher in the Majors today
grin.gif

Not for nothing though, Pettitte has been
eek.gif
this season.
Andy Pettitte takes PEDs though

Back
Top Bottom