The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Stipe left it vague in the press conference. He just said "I have to sit back and look at things" but would not elaborate

He did say however that his relationship with the UFC is good so who knows what he's referring to

I would love to see Cain match up with him I just hope Cain isn't a shell of himself. He at least looked good in his last fight albeit against Browne

Last edited:
There's some moving parts at 145. Cub lingers. Frankie could very well get the title shot if Max beats Jose

The winner of Lamas/Zombie definitely deserves whoever's available in Cub or Frankie

View media item 2379203
Not mocking you famb, just mocking the thought of that happening

Crazy thing is Max has all of the height but no reach advantage. Aldo is more technical IMO. But it's a fight so we'll see.

Rumble retired to go sell weed :smh:

We should all be so lucky :lol:

For whatever reason Maia looked hurt to me. Not sure if he always walks like that but looked like a left leg injury. Even before it was getting kicked he seemed to be walking gingerly on it. Was just waiting for them to give the win to jorge in typical ufc fashion. Happy Maia got it

I ment by giving the win to the wrong person. If they gave it to jorge. I don't see a future ppv I'm too excited about.

Last edited:
Shrek back! :wow:

Another good write up about the fights this past weekend weekend....

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/edgar-versus-rodriguez-positioning-versus-agility

One thing that stood out....

A final thought on controlling the placement of the fight: Demian Maia's performance against Jorge Masvidal raised the usual questions over judging criteria

Don't disagree with the decision per say and Jorge is my guy but that fight wasn't a cut and dry call.

Last edited:
Not sure after that weird psychic plane battle he had with Wonderboy. That was absolutely horrible from a spectator point of view.

Woodley is a good wrestler but he takes great risk in taking Maia down. He's got power in his hands but not the same type of stand up like GSP whereby he jabs you to death and can outpoint you (or outpoint you by taking you down).

There are pretty opposite view points on Maia vs Jorge. Good points brought up from both perspectives

Now I'm really hoping Maia proves everyone wrong against woodley and gets the sub. Woodley has the perfect skillset to neutralize Maia. Jorge I felt did as well, but I would still give the edge to woodley in terms of straight wrestling and take down defense

If Woodley can stop the takedowns I believe he'll either knock out Maia or take him to decision.Given Woodleys wrestling background I could see this being the case. A 5 round fight could play in his favor because Maia seems to fade in later rounds.

Luke, lol. Fighting a losing battle. First off he deserves nothing but I don't blame him for trying

Gsp didn't earn anything at middleweight but at least he's one of the greatest champions of all time. Luke should be smart enough to know why Gsp skipped the line even though it's not his natural division

With all that being said Dana and Luke are both idiotic in their own ways

I'm looking to Maia's win over Story to give me hope that it will be competitive with Woodley :nerd:

Maia via Imanari roll x heel hook :pimp:

Last edited:
Luke, lol. Fighting a losing battle. First off he deserves nothing but I don't blame him for trying

Gsp didn't earn anything at middleweight but at least he's one of the greatest champions of all time. Luke should be smart enough to know why Gsp skipped the line even though it's not his natural division

With all that being said Dana and Luke are both idiotic in their own ways

Goes back to what I was saying about Luke thinking he's smarter/slicker than he is.

Because he's making the most noise with a weak case right now.

And he should already know the answer to his question about GSP. A fight which isn't even happening anymore at this point. And Luke STILL ain't fighting for a title.

Goes back to what I was saying about Luke thinking he's smarter/slicker than he is.

Because he's making the most noise with a weak case right now.

And he should already know the answer to his question about GSP. A fight which isn't even happening anymore at this point. And Luke STILL ain't fighting for a title.
Luke definitely thinks he's got more power/sway than he actually does

And I like luke

He needs to keep it moving and take a fight, if he's doing good with modeling then more power to him. But he ain't bullying his way to no interim title fight or anything like he wants lol

My prob with these ex champs is they always think they deserve a rematch.

Unless u were a long time champ or something weird like a bad decision or some sort of controversy happened, u need to win a fight or 2

Luke hasn't done anything to warrant a rematch. He needs to shut up and win a fight

Romero should be the one complaining if anything

Back
Top Bottom