The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Gonna keep it trill, my man. Misha Cirkunov and Pedro Munhoz are both very live 'dogs. Misha is a very high-level grappler for 205. If, and this is a very big if, Cirkunov can get Johnny Walker to the ground, it's a wrap. I actually wanted to see Misha fight OSP, as originally scheduled. Walker is rising through the LHW ranks and rightfully so with the last two impressive finishes, but he's fighting on short notice and was subbed a few years back in Curitiba. In the end, I think you're right, Walker finishes Misha by KO in R1.

Don't sleep on Pedro Munhoz either. Paulista is a beast. Never been finished. Only lost narrow decisions to Dodson and Jimmie Rivera, plus another decision L at the hands of Assuncao. BJJ black belt. Cody has a wrestling base but Munhoz's grappling is better. This is coming from a staunch Garbrandt proponent. I hit @DeadsetAce and Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat with countless PMs before he won the belt. I still believe in Cody, T.J. just has his number stylistically at BW. You kinda wonder where Garbrandt's confidence is too, coming off back-to-back losses against Dillashaw. Just had a kid with his wife also. All these small things could play a decisive factor. I'm going against you on this one, I've got Munhoz by guillotine in R2.

Edit:
Almost forgot I'm hosting 235 at the crib. We usually scoop tons of beer and order wings, pizza, fries, etc. Looking forward to this card for sure.

Honestly the context of the situation is why im confident in cody. He's too good to lose 3 in a row. I expect him to be locked in and confident. And I cant get over how Cody had him beat in fight 1 but TJ was saved by the bell. But that's the way fighting goes. TJ proved to have his number but I feel like Cody has already proven he's on another level than everyone else. I feel like Cody still has it to be the best in the division and will get back to it. But I agree, Munhoz is no easy task.

So 2 interim titles on for 236?

The last time the Interim fought for the real belt was Holloway v Aldo since then there's been:

Whitaker --> promoted to champ
Colby --> stripped
Ferguson --> stripped

What are the chances that the 236 winners actually fight for the real belt?

So 2 interim titles on for 236?

The last time the Interim fought for the real belt was Holloway v Aldo since then there's been:

Whitaker --> promoted to champ
Colby --> stripped
Ferguson --> stripped

What are the chances that the 236 winners actually fight for the real belt?
Id say maybe 40% chance. Nothing matters with these fake belts. Kinda why tony said F it. You can make khabib v Tony at the end of the year. Still want to see that more than whoever wins at 236 v khabib. By that time GSP will prob be fighting khabib and all the belts will mean nothing as usual.

No rhyme or reason. The entertainment of the fights is great. But the bs rankings, matchmaking and interim titles just devalues the sport.

How Max skip over everyone in the LW division? Technically, wouldn’t Conor, Tony be the top contenders. LI and Porier should’ve fought for who was next.

Who did Bless skip over?

Conor just got mauled so he’s not in the title picture right now. Tony seems to be having an existential crisis at the moment. Nate only wants to fight Conor. Al already got starched by Khabib, so until someone else wins the belt he’s not a true contender.

Dustin should be getting the next official shot. But can’t because Khabib is suspended.

Never was on the Tony Ferg train.. Anytime Eddie Bravo bring him up on Fight Companion I |l|l
I won't deny he's a good fighter but I won't lose sleep if he doesn't fight for the belt..
I know it was fake but him tripping over the power lines while wearing shades indoors was hilarious to me :lol::lol:

Max deserves his shot at 155. 145 for him we know won’t let too much longer. But let’s say he wins v Dustin. Is he giving up the 145 belt? Dustin/max could still fight tony before khabib even thinks of fighting again.

Max deserves his shot at 155. 145 for him we know won’t let too much longer. But let’s say he wins v Dustin. Is he giving up the 145 belt? Dustin/max could still fight tony before khabib even thinks of fighting again.
I'm thinking if Max wins he vacates the FW belt. He would be fighting Khabib in the fall and that would make it nearly a year since he'd defended the FW belt. Unless they make another interim FW belt this summer/fall (really against this though) and then Max fights winner early 2020.

Champs champs generally mess up one of the divisions and obviously a fight like the one at 236 is being made to sell PPV's.

I'm also puzzled about Tony, did he really overvalue himself in not taking the Max interim LW fight? Or does he feel cheated out of his LW shot even though Khabib is out until the fall? Tony is a strange dude but his fights have been very entertaining, him and Holloway could have been fireworks but the Max/Dustin fight should also be good.

Tony was the interm champ already and ufc seemed to strip him w the quickness. Interm belt doesn’t mean u get next chance. Just a toy they use for hype. Ufc gonna do whatever the hell they want

Who did Bless skip over?

Conor just got mauled so he’s not in the title picture right now. Tony seems to be having an existential crisis at the moment. Nate only wants to fight Conor. Al already got starched by Khabib, so until someone else wins the belt he’s not a true contender.

Dustin should be getting the next official shot. But can’t because Khabib is suspended.

Tony is the legitimate #1 contender.

He was slated to fight Khabib last year then got hurt. So, I could see why the UFC stripped him. Khabib won the “real” title last February.

It really is a mess. LW has had a huge waiting line for the title thanks to Conor and Khabib (Conor not fighting and Khabib opting to serve the complete suspension).

Feel like Max is skipping the line. Al and Dustin should’ve gotten the opportunity if Tony was opting not to.

Oh Max is def skipping the line. Also, the fact he's not fighting for the actual belt (like when he was supposed to fight Khabib last year) makes it even more strange/lame. UFC needs to come up with precedent for how long a belt can be held before they strip the holder whether its injuries, suspensions, etc. Probably wishful thinking but one can dream.

The Interim thing seems stupid after what happened to Colby.

It’s just for hype. Nothing more. They really don’t care about the legitimacy of their “sport.”

Back
Top Bottom