The Movie Red Tails...Go support your people.

laugh.gif
@ chocolate needing to be smoothened

roll.gif
y'all dudes need to chill on the rants and run on sentences. its just a movie

It is extremely telling and especially in hip hop, balance is at a premium.

Hip hop is one of the most powerful grassroots efforts ever in the history of mankind. I strongly believe that with it being made by people of African descent (by way of Jamaica), it has an understanding of rhythm and melody. a rhythm and melody that people of color inherently understand.

That's another topic.

And LDJ, even if you are seeing it for that reason, kudos to you.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

It is extremely telling and especially in hip hop, balance is at a premium.

Hip hop is one of the most powerful grassroots efforts ever in the history of mankind. I strongly believe that with it being made by people of African descent (by way of Jamaica), it has an understanding of rhythm and melody. a rhythm and melody that people of color inherently understand.

That's another topic.

And LDJ, even if you are seeing it for that reason, kudos to you.

I was going to mention the isis papers and hidden colors and a few other inciteful reads/views, but usually on here they get filed under "conspiracy theory" or the file labled dont blame "Da Man" . But my stance is I would hope all ppl not just blacks go see the movie with an unbias open mind. I also find the irony in ppl being bias and saying go see it solely cause its black and is based on something positive. Yet the reason they are supporting the film is they are tired of movies being bias and favorable for whites.

All ppl of all races should support this movie and encourage ppl to see it if it is a good quality movie period. If it isnt dont say it is and support it and encourage others to do so just cause its the black thing to do.

Mag, my fault for the questions but I know you know some things that none of us have access to.

What if tomorrow Wayne says, "I want to make more positive music." Or if Jay-Z or Minaj say that they are tired of being exploited, will they really have a say so or do they have to do whatever they are told?

Also, semi-off topic. Are these artists told what to wear? I ask because I see Wayne wearing some of the most quesitonible clothing that a man that was supposedly a real dude from Holly Grove would never think of wearing. What is up with him?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Mag, my fault for the questions but I know you know some things that none of us have access to.

What if tomorrow Wayne says, "I want to make more positive music." Or if Jay-Z or Minaj say that they are tired of being exploited, will they really have a say so or do they have to do whatever they are told?

Also, semi-off topic. Are these artists told what to wear? I ask because I see Wayne wearing some of the most quesitonible clothing that a man that was supposedly a real dude from Holly Grove would never think of wearing. What is up with him?
It's 2012, and his brain has been fried since he was 11 years old when Birdman first started feeding him birdseed.

clothing is part of image and their marketing plan. Keep that in mind. nothing is coincidental.

i'm reading a book on PR and they list image as one of the most powerful things one can use to get a point across.

These celebs all have handlers and people invested into them. Take from that what you will.

No, I'm not black.. but I am a minority who felt the need to support this movie. I went to the premiere last night in Toronto with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Kevin Weekes (NHL Network). The movie was pretty good. Best part for me was seeing how nervous Cuba was during the opening scene. He kept turning to us and asked,"looks good right? You think it looks good?" 
laugh.gif

Overall, good to see the dude is still humble and I only wish success for this movie. Go support it so more movies like this will be made.

oh, and for the duck tales...

402878_2336670230263_1655070020_1560979_410668309_n.jpg

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Wr wrote:
And on Miles...

Man I just recently got up on him. He was truly that dude. Didn't know he grew up rich either. Even though he grew up in very racial times, his dad was a dentist owned a lot of land that he had grown up on. He didn't really grow up with that limited mindset blacks were conditioned to have at that time. It's said that he was often frowning and scowling on his album covers to compensate for being called pretty boy and growing up so privileged. very interesting guy. Especially how his music grows and changes throughout the time

That may have been a part of it, but much of that posture had to do with him not wanting to please white people, making them feel comfortable as did Pops, Louis Armstrong.
Hollywood had a hard time getting behind X, The Autobiography of Malcolm X as well. News reports were predicting riots at theaters, with mobs of angry black folk supposedly wanting to kill YTafter leaving the theaters.

It was great being a Black man back then. Hysterical! As there were white people being truly apologetic, as they sat next to you during that movie.

Not many people know about Miles, But if he were an influence today, and to be quite honest, he and those cats from back then were more gangsta'than any hip hop artist could dream of being even in this day and age, it may be too good of thing.

Miles was about his BUSINESS. Miles had money, his own money. He'd be dangerous to learn from, especially in this society of followers.

I hope that his movie gets made, and soon. However, Hollywood is having some serious issues with that.
Dude, you talk about not many peopleknowingMiles, but I've never seen you post in the Jazz thread...I posted about the Miles movie a minute ago here. There's actually two Miles movies currently in development. Cheadle's is aboutMilesin the 70s whenhe really wasn't playing much. George Tillman who directed Notorious also has one in development.

t's funny, I see a whole bunch of dudes talking about supporting this & that, but when Ilook in the music thread,I see threads aboutnipsey hussle,Common/Drake ruckus,tity boigetting multiple pages but when someone postsjazz or reggae, not one you bother to post.You guys would rather discuss whether or not Paul Patton has hips or Kobe's mistress...SMH at almost all of you...Most of you guys are asnarrow minded as the ones youaccuse of being narrow minded...

Steppingdown from the soap box now...

Whoa! I didn't even know there was a music section, much less a JAZZ THREAD!
frown.gif

Can I get down?

This MOVIE needs to get made as well! Spike is supposedly writing it!

Originally Posted by Antidope

I heard it sucks, and the promos didnt grab me, I really have no interest in seeing that movie.

This.

and
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ "Go support your people"

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Honest question...if this movie flops, will the trilogy be completed?

I think it will if nothing more then george not wanting to be ridiculed with haha "told you so" by other big wigs. That coupled with heat from critics for basically putting everything on the backburner to make the trilogy.

you guys hear about the Charlie Pride biopic that is coming out? Guess who is playing Charlie Pride?

The Rock
laugh.gif
smh

Originally Posted by NobleKane

you guys hear about the Charlie Pride biopic that is coming out? Guess who is playing Charlie Pride?

The Rock
laugh.gif
smh

I heard that The Rock is another person that refused to play the "funny business" game that goes on in Hollywood which is why he has to play so many of these Humiliating roles. Never know what is true but just sharing what I was told.

Originally Posted by jolly2

No, I'm not black.. but I am a minority who felt the need to support this movie. I went to the premiere last night in Toronto with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Kevin Weekes (NHL Network). The movie was pretty good. Best part for me was seeing how nervous Cuba was during the opening scene. He kept turning to us and asked,"looks good right? You think it looks good?" 
laugh.gif

Overall, good to see the dude is still humble and I only wish success for this movie. Go support it so more movies like this will be made.

pimp.gif

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get tickets for the premiere?

Originally Posted by jolly2

laugh.gif

402878_2336670230263_1655070020_1560979_410668309_n.jpg

Thats great. Good to see him back on the big screen. I though he would never get another chance seeing as how hes done so many b movies these last few years

I just got back from seeing the movie. The theater was sold out at the 4:30 showing in Dayton, Ohio. If this small sampling is any indication of success of movie, this will do well. Definitely should open as number one. I felt it was a very good movie. Nothing great. Not the best biopic, but a great action film. It was very entertaining. Dialogue seemed to also be a little better for Lucas, as we know he struggles with dialogue a little. All in all, despite the bad reviews, I enjoyed the movie, and would purchase another ticket to see it again. BTW, Nate Parker (Easy) and Tristan Wilds (Ray Gun) will be stars. Great acting by both of them in this one.

Just got back from seeing it myself. I was excited about it since i first heard about the project a year back, but it just wasnt that good to me. Theater was packed and everyone clapped at the end though. I hope it does well enough to continue the story and hopefully touch up on some of the problems i had with this one. The story was all over the place with no scope for time, and as people have already said, the characters were pretty one dimensional. Not that it had any effect on why i didn't like it but damn was Ne-Yo's accent annoying 
alien.gif
. I'm mad my dude Bryan Cranston was only in like 3 scenes, and every Terrance Howard scene had him making some thought provoking character uplifting speach. His role could have just been a lot more, just like the other characters. Also, i thought the 477th (the ones protecting the bombers on the Berlin misson) didnt see any combat in real life? They were only there to provide cover and turn around. I might need to brush up on my history but im pretty sure thats how it went. 
All in all this was more of a feel good movie than anything. I hope it hits it's budget so the next one has the potential to be a little better. 5/10.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I just got back from seeing the movie. The theater was sold out at the 4:30 showing in Dayton, Ohio. If this small sampling is any indication of success of movie, this will do well. Definitely should open as number one. I felt it was a very good movie. Nothing great. Not the best biopic, but a great action film. It was very entertaining. Dialogue seemed to also be a little better for Lucas, as we know he struggles with dialogue a little. All in all, despite the bad reviews, I enjoyed the movie, and would purchase another ticket to see it again. BTW, Nate Parker (Easy) and Tristan Wilds (Ray Gun) will be stars. Great acting by both of them in this one.
well estimates have the opening looking good, but its still behind Underworld for the top spot

Danny glover had the same issue as he tried to get backing for a toussaint lovereture movie (haitian rev). Dude got only half the funding from hugo chavez. Movie is dead otherwise. I hate white people who get annoyed when race is flagged as an issue like that +$%# aint die yet.

its always gonna be the issue because they know the truths of this world.....i commend them for the brainwashing they've done the last couple of centuries....got black people walking around like they really are weak

Back
Top Bottom