The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Ninja already addressed Dominican's have African roots, as well as native and European roots. Therefore he identifies as Hispanic, what's the problem?

Basically.These cats dunno what da hell they talkin bout...NO ONE uses da term "afro____" to describe hispanics let alone me.I dont take ya statements seriously because at da end da day, none of ya live inDa hispanic neighorhoods ya dyin to classify. I already smashed da ridiculous notionThat "light skinned Dominicans have it harder then dark skinned ones" so son shut upAbout that REAL quick.
laugh.gif
No matter how diffused you think the word has become, no White man can walk up to a brother this day and age, then utter the term without repercussions. 

The problem with you is that you rather be called that word, than to be called Black.

So when you see MODERN signs like this,

Do you feel that this is an invitation to you, or rejection?

If you are rejected from a community like this, would you claim racism?

If so, what race would you claim?

Doesnt matter what color i am when it comes to da eyes of whoever was

Behind that sign, ill always be a minority, they would hate on someone like Christina Agulera

Cuz she's not white either.

Look, all I want this dude to do is to stop calling African Americans black
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and he doesn't get it

There are African Americans who are mixed with white people and seminole Indians, yet they're black to you and you aren't? Your logic is flawed, we get that you don't wanna be called black but stop being a damn kettle

BDW telemundo is one of the most racist channels on TV-I know damn well most people in Latin America don't look anything like the white Hispanics on telemundo

If you look like Native Hispanic or Afrolatino chances are you're NOT on telemundo

Doesnt matter what color i am when it comes to da eyes of whoever was

Behind that sign, ill always be a minority, they would hate on someone like Christina Agulera

Cuz she's not white either.
Would you be surprised to find out that in the case of the sign, that Christina would consider herself Black?
However, she'd call herself Black, and you'd be sitting there all tanned, and still would be in denial.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

The discussion isn't about racism

Oh yes it is.
Since Ninjahood seemed to miss this, then perhaps you'll be willing to address this.

Why has antihaitianismo defined the anti black identity of the Dominican Republic?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

sick.gif

alien.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Son said their food is hispanic, wth is hispanic food tho?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

omg omg omg I can't breathe
your redundant so here is what my last 3 replies have been about...bolded.  In each of my replies I never dismissed the fact that dominicans have African roots.  Now you wanna come here with that add-on b.s. "as well as Spanish and Indian influences"...it won't save you.

Like I said before you and others in this thread don't promote African heritage in the right way...so you really can't get mad when ninja or polo don't want to co-sign with you or the others in this thing.

And you didn't even mention anywhere in this thread that and I quote " I said it was influenced by African dishes as well as Spanish and Indian influences" so stopit5.  All you did was in the above quote...just laugh...you also made a mention of a white woman clutching her pocketbook when seeing a Dominican down the street previously in this thread trying to show that white people consider dominicans as the same as african americans...your playing that old stereotype of white people crossing the street as soon as they see a minority first of all why is a white woman walking the heights? 2nd she's probably there at night, 3rd why is she there at night? 4th if an african american cat and a domincan cat were dressed well and not in the normal hood look she probably wouldn't clutch her bag...but if she saw some dude walking with an inspector gadget jacket she's either thinking this dude is a flasher or she's getting robbed....come on cat...the african coalition of NT should vote you out...your not helping their cause of making people realize their african roots.
laugh.gif

Your like a missionary trying to convert people into Africans
laugh.gif

There is no doubt that a lot of people outside of Africa have african roots but like I said before you dudes don't exemplify anything good or worth noting that would make them want to be proud of those roots...as far as NT is concerned.

Spoiler [+]
ssssssss...ouch

lol I'm 6ft4 and dark skinned and can honestly say white women aren't scared of me at all, it's kind of embarrassing but I think it has a lot to do with how I dress and speak---No one wants to be robbed by a dude in a JCrew coat and tight HnM jeans wearing thick glasses----unless that's how goons in Da Heights are dressed these days
grin.gif

The smartest thing you've ever said is why is that white woman in da heightz unless she's in the Columbia area, I contemplated the same thing before I posted it and it's funny that you brought it up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Oh yes it is.
Since Ninjahood seemed to miss this, then perhaps you'll be willing to address this.

Why has antihaitianismo defined the anti black identity of the Dominican Republic?

That's anti HAITIAN not anti black, what part of Dominicans vs Haitians land occupation do u not understand?

Oh yes it is.

That's anti HAITIAN not anti black, what part of Dominicans vs Haitians land occupation do u not understand?
What part of being Black in skin and then still in denial of it do YOU not understand?
Antihaitianismo is the present manifestation of the long-term evolution of racial prejudice, the selective interpretation of historical facts, and the creation of a nationalist Dominican consciousness. The Dominican Republic and Haiti share an island, but their relationship has been strained. That process did not take place spontaneously: it was orchestrated by powerful elite groups in the Dominican Republic.  The early origin of what came to be known as Antihaitianismo is based in the racial prejudices held by Spanish inhabitants of the colony of Santo Domingo, where the color of one’s skin indicated to a large degree one’s social standing and economic position. 

It doesn't matter.

In any case I never denied racism, I never denied institutionalized racism.
I can't defend DR more than you can defend the US.

Again, the only issue is the racial classification of mixed people, which isnt up to you, no matter how you feel.

All other side arguments are just for show.
Ninja has never denied any African roots, but people are still basing their talking points on this

It doesn't matter.

Again, the only issue is the racial classification of mixed people, which isnt up to you, no matter how you feel.

Ninja has never denied any African roots, but people are still basing their talking points on this

It isn't up to ninjahood either, he shouldn't be allowed to classify people while taking himself out of the mix

I'm not Nigerian b, I'm Ibo that's different those people over there are Nigerian---I'm not American, I'm from New York everyone else on NT is American that's different son

I think the problem is that everyone is confuse with the history of
Dr people and haitian people with the today standards of defining race and the
Census.... The census is raciest period and for the people that are from Dr and Haiti I'm sure
You know your history but like someone stated language doesn't defy race your blood
And lineage does

It doesn't matter.

Again, the only issue is the racial classification of mixed people, which it up to you no matter how you feel.

Ninja has denied the racism that is present in the Dominican Republic, which forces those of African ancestry to deny their background and obvious appearance, to avoid racist stereotypes.
Yes, he has denied any connection to being Black yet he is fine with slinging racial epithets in order to be considered cool, becoming Black when it is convenient.

So when he is in the presence of people who consider themselves Black, should he announce that he is Dominican and then NOT Black, when he calls someone black the N Word?

It doesn't matter.

You must must not be able to read cause if you go back you'll see Ninja state he is 100 percent hispanic, not part black or african. At least if your gonna defend your argument, have FACTS.

Oh yes it is.

What part of being Black in skin and then still in denial of it do YOU not understand?
Antihaitianismo is the present manifestation of the long-term evolution of racial prejudice, the selective interpretation of historical facts, and the creation of a nationalist Dominican consciousness. The Dominican Republic and Haiti share an island, but their relationship has been strained. That process did not take place spontaneously: it was orchestrated by powerful elite groups in the Dominican Republic.  The early origin of what came to be known as Antihaitianismo is based in the racial prejudices held by Spanish inhabitants of the colony of Santo Domingo, where the color of one’s skin indicated to a large degree one’s social standing and economic position. 

That's a @@+%#+#% definition considering it explains nothing about haiti invadin DR multiple times which createdThat sentiment in da first place...Dominicans celebrate da independence from Haiti EVERY year.

Originally Posted by staystrong

Census.... The census is raciest period and for the people that are from Dr and Haiti I'm sure
You know your history but like someone stated language doesn't defy race your blood
And lineage does

Race doesn't exist, I could be in the same classically defined race as someone and could be completely different from them genetically and culturally

My issue with ninjahood is why he accepts certain socially constructed labels (hispanic) and rejects others, while lumping other people into the category he rejects although he qualifies for it

And lineage does

Race doesn't exist, I could be in the same classically defined race as someone and could be completely different from them genetically and culturally

My issue with ninjahood is why he accepts certain socially constructed labels (hispanic) and rejects others, while lumping other people into the category he rejects although he qualifies for it
I'm a black hispanic and I approve of this post.

And lineage does

that has nothing to do with this thread, and it just gives everyone the green light to talk trash about 1 island nation

Back
Top Bottom