The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

antihaitianismo

is its own topic alone. More so haiti and DR's own problem. Racism against haitians comes from their history against each other. DR ppl don't like haitians period, no matter what color they are.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

That's anti HAITIAN not anti black, what part of Dominicans vs Haitians land occupation do u not understand?
What part of being Black in skin and then still in denial of it do YOU not understand?
Antihaitianismo is the present manifestation of the long-term evolution of racial prejudice, the selective interpretation of historical facts, and the creation of a nationalist Dominican consciousness. The Dominican Republic and Haiti share an island, but their relationship has been strained. That process did not take place spontaneously: it was orchestrated by powerful elite groups in the Dominican Republic.  The early origin of what came to be known as Antihaitianismo is based in the racial prejudices held by Spanish inhabitants of the colony of Santo Domingo, where the color of one’s skin indicated to a large degree one’s social standing and economic position. 

That's a @@+%#+#% definition considering it explains nothing about haiti invadin DR multiple times which createdThat sentiment in da first place...Dominicans celebrate da independence from Haiti EVERY year.

Then also celebrate the one drop of white blood rule making them more white than black, all day, every day.
Here's Wiki's,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihaitianismo

Antihaitianismo can be traced back to a policy of racial segregation instituted by the Spaniards in the colony of Captaincy General of Santo Domingo (present day Dominican Republic).[sup][1][/sup]

Human Rights Watch has stated in their reports that the perceived difference between Haitians and Dominicans can be based from colonial times from linguistic, cultural, and racial differences, where Creoles or Haitians were thought to be descendants of Black Africans while Dominicans were descendants of Spaniards mixed with the indigenous Tainos[1] It remains an issue in the present-day Dominican Republic.

You don't like that one either?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by staystrong

I think the problem is that everyone is confuse with the history of
Dr people and haitian people with the today standards of defining race and the
Census.... The census is raciest period and for the people that are from Dr and Haiti I'm sure
You know your history but like someone stated language doesn't defy race your blood
And lineage does

Race doesn't exist, I could be in the same classically defined race as someone and could be completely different from them genetically and culturally

My issue with ninjahood is why he accepts certain socially constructed labels (hispanic) and rejects others, while lumping other people into the category he rejects although he qualifies for it

that has nothing to do with this thread, and it just gives everyone the green light to talk trash about 1 island nation

Wait, calling people from his Island black is talking trash about his Island? Word?

And that has EVERYTHING to do with this thread, answer the question why does he get to call others black but deny the label?

I'LL WAIT

So you'd rather see a 1 drop makes you black rule?
Edit: Anton;
the title reference an article... that's what I assume the topic is.
and no, calling someone black isn't talking trash. But putting words in their mouth, singling them out, taking away their rights to personal identity is offensive and unfair.
if my cousin called himself black, I wouldn't mind. If he said he was part black, I wouldn't mind. If he said he had no African roots, I'd correct him.
but I can't justify telling someone at what percentage they can cal themselves black

I've come to the conclusion that your just making statements just for the sake of making them. They have no meaning nor any logic.. I'd wish you'd stop.

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

I've come to the conclusion that your just making statements just for the sake of making them. They have no meaning nor any logic.. I'd wish you'd stop.

This, dude completely ignored my question and started rambling about nothing

That's not the point. 
 First and foremost, we are all human. For those of us of color, especially in the Western hemisphere, we all have been denied our humanity due to slavery and racist practices, which left us divided on our very own identity. We've been deemed Black, which has its very own connotations, but as with the Haitians, Afro Brazilians, many African Americans, then even Africans, we should see, as Marcus Garvey stated, that our connection is the color our skin, regardless of culture.

For most of the Western world, when you saw a sign like this,

you knew where you stood.

It seems that people who take the position of Ninja, really think that this does not mean them...as they are not black, due to the one drop White rule that persists in Latin America.

The problem is that with the migration of the Latin Americans, they bring these beliefs with them to the U S, further expanding on those racial stereotypes, those that already exist.

Admitting your connection to those who are Black, will help to eliminate the exploitation of those stereotypical images, that the White racists like those in Arizona, wish to help perpetuate even further.

Yea well we're hispanic, so my bones to pick with da us doesn't reflect

Those of black folks, u brought up Arizona and they are blatantly profiling

My fello Hispanic Mexican folks, so if I don't claim my Hispanic my numbers

Become under represented.

That white drop crap is irrelevant because da same way we don't claim black

We don't claim white either, just cuz a cake contains sugar don't mean ur gonna

Name EVERYTHING that contains Sugar as just "sugar " we're slaves, Spaniards, and

Taino put together with our culture & ethnic uniqueness. Stop imposin American perspectives

On places where it don't apply cuz da history so so much different.

Those of black folks,
u brought up Arizona and they are blatantly profiling

Name EVERYTHING that contains Sugar as just "sugar " we're slaves, Spaniards, and

Taino put together with our culture & ethnic uniqueness. Stop imposin American perspectives

I bet that you see nothing wrong with what you've stated there, do you?
Where do you live, the Dominican Republic, or in Washington Heights?

Thunderchunk, there are many black americans with the same genetic makeup as ninja hood. White, black and native american. But Ninja calls them black but since hes dominican then black americans should just be called americans. Oh hes hispanic? Oh ok since were going by language then black americans should be called anglophones due to speaking english. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

Thunderchunk, there are many black americans with the same genetic makeup as ninja hood. White, black and native american. But Ninja calls them black but since hes dominican then black americans should just be called americans. Oh hes hispanic? Oh ok since were going by language then black americans should be called anglophones due to speaking english. Simple as that.

just in case he missed it

The best way I think is just go to the doctor and get a blood test and to see what
Ninjahood is really mix with and it will end all this lol

The man at the top of your screen is disapoint
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif
At posting the same video 5 times

laugh.gif
If you are speaking about what I've posted, they are not the same. Perhaps of you click one you may see that they are different, 

The best way I think is just go to the doctor and get a blood test and to see what

Unfortunately in this society, the first thing you notice is not someones bloodlines. 
If Ninja told you that he is closely related to Sven in Norway from those blood tests, do you think that the Ku Klux Klan would believe him?

Unfortunately in this society, the first thing you notice is not someones bloodlines. 
If Ninja told you that he is closely related to Sven in Norway from those blood tests, do you think that the Ku Klux Klan would believe him?
I mentioned earlier that Africa is one of the most diverse places on the planet based on genetic studies, a kenyan person will be different from a Gambian based on genetic studies unfortunately no test exists that pin points someone's exact race if such a thing exists--scientists have even proposed that thousands of "races" of men exist and the classical categories of white, black, yellow etc hold no merit
the only thing that qualifies ninjahood as part of the black diaspora is the fact that his ancestors were African Slaves

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

page  7,8, 10, have the vids you posted and I saw it on PBS last yr

But you said it was the same video, in which they are not. They are different countries, different episodes.
If you saw them all, how did they shape your opinion, if you had one, on this topic?

Those of black folks,
u brought up Arizona and they are blatantly profiling

I bet that you see nothing wrong with what you've stated there, do you?
Where do you live, the Dominican Republic, or in Washington Heights?

Wats da problem? Washington heights is da biggest Dominican population in da world outside da Dominican Republic..Dominican politics & social norms are very much connected @ da hip. & we're part of da overall coalition of latin communites & countries

Back
Top Bottom