The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Why are those here defending Ninjahood, ignoring the PBS video?

Do you wish to remain ignorant to the facts presented, so you can continue to look uninformed? 

Is this some new trend, working hard at being an anti intellectual?

Longstoke you saying the same 3 paragraphs over and over.  It sounds like you read one book or article and just recite the words.

If you truly had an understanding of what you were saying you would explained yourself in your own words pages ago.  But nope you keep quoting the same thing.

Also you still haven't answered my question... do you even know the question? or you to busy worried about the whole "white=good, black=bad brainwashing" that you think nobody else know about.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by MonStar1

How is this a debate?

Black= equals african-american. 

That means your family is from America, you speak english as a 1st language.  Thats the culture you know. 

Ninjahood ain't black.  Why do you want him to be black?  Dude is from DR. Eats different foods, has different language, has a home country....etc.

Africans are the same as Ninjahood.  to be straight up they are the real African-americans.  Blacks are really only american.  We have no connnection to africa.

Its really that simple. 
lol @ no connection to africa. by far the dumbest post in here.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Personally I could care less about what Ninjahood chooses to identify himself as. As an individual NT entity his choice does not concern me. I think most people on here don't truly care. However, the Ninjahood race debate is a microcosm of the larger issue at hand. I care that Latinos have chosen to deny their African heritage in favor of their Hispanic heritage. That is the crux of the issue. Not Ninjahood per se. But Ninjahood is the chosen representative on NT for that issue so we address him. Ninjahood is a good dude but on this issue I think he, and all those referred to in the article, are dead wrong. They aren't trying to shine a light on the fact that they're Latino, they're trying to cast a shadow on the fact that they're black.

So Its up to people who don't dictate my life to tell me to trash da Hispanic heritage thats representative of meFor a black herritage that's long been cut from da slave trade on hispanola...yea, if thats da case Americans should just callinOurselves colonials,
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try toStrip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood ofDa tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole is greater then da sum of each part.
Dude why do you keep speaking in superlatives? It's not either/or YOU ARE BOTH. No one is asking you to trash your Hispanic heritage, they're simply asking you to openly ACKNOWLEDGE, RESPECT, and CHERISH your African heritage in the same manner. By denying it and fighting it you perpetuate the RACISM and DISCRIMINATION that permeates the Dominican Republic and similarly situated countries.
GrimlocK wrote:
I agree with where Ninja has been coming from...the black NT'ers are all upset that dominicans don't identify themselves as being black...sure they may have hailed from Africa back in yesteryear but enough time has passed to where they can't identify themselves as being black anymore.

Same thing I feel with indian west-indians like myself. We hailed from India so long ago that we really can't be considered Indians anymore. In fact I really don't think Indians living in India even know about Guyana or Trinidad like that.

Black NT'ers need to get over it already. As far as i'm concerned being an nyc'er and not of either black or latin heritage...I really don't see Dominicans as being black anymore...they might look it but I believe culture is what you should really identify with over color.

I think you fail to realize that there are currently, as in today and right now, inhabitants of DR who are subjected to racism because they're black. The passage of time doesn't change the fact that there are black Dominicans. The only people who want to forget are those who have lighter skin and those who have darker skin that want to be like those who have lighter skin. There are Dominicans who embrace their African roots but it is few and far between. Do you know what it means to be comfortable in your own skin? It means, acknowledging all that you are, not just what's convenient. You should really watch the Henry Louis Gates documentary that was posted earlier.

Originally Posted by newbuck

Originally Posted by 0cks

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with that persons ancestral background. Sorry, your feelings can't change the facts, no matter how much you want to lie to yourself.
Meaningless. Sad to see this is how some people think.
How can you say meaningless? Have you seen the Von Luschan scale? It was made by a European he had no "pro black agenda" I'm all for color-blindness but I am a realistic person so when we have these discussions I refer to these "standards" that have been forced on all of us...
You're veering off topic. Let me repeat this again. Your "feelings" do not change the facts.
Whites overall do not accept biracial children
Good to know.
I'm not veering off topic and my feelings are not getting in the way of facts... In a world w/o racism I completely agree with you, a biracial product of rape is just that... biracial, equally black and white... We don't live in a color blind world though so when I pull out my Von Luschan Pokédex and it tells me the offsrping is black that's not my feelings, it's the world we live in

Personally I could care less about what Ninjahood chooses to identify himself as. As an individual NT entity his choice does not concern me. I think most people on here don't truly care. However, the Ninjahood race debate is a microcosm of the larger issue at hand. I care that Latinos have chosen to deny their African heritage in favor of their Hispanic heritage. That is the crux of the issue. Not Ninjahood per se. But Ninjahood is the chosen representative on NT for that issue so we address him. Ninjahood is a good dude but on this issue I think he, and all those referred to in the article, are dead wrong. They aren't trying to shine a light on the fact that they're Latino, they're trying to cast a shadow on the fact that they're black.

So Its up to people who don't dictate my life to tell me to trash da Hispanic heritage thats representative of meFor a black herritage that's long been cut from da slave trade on hispanola...yea, if thats da case Americans should just callinOurselves colonials,
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
Bottom line is I'm a proud Hispanic, not black..not african, not afro nothing....da worst thing anyone can do is try toStrip someone are who they are...now OBVIOUSLY Hispanics have some slave blood in us, same way we have da blood ofDa tainos & da blood of da Spaniards, but when it comes to Hispanic heritage, da whole is greater then da sum of each part.
Dude why do you keep speaking in superlatives? It's not either/or YOU ARE BOTH. No one is asking you to trash your Hispanic heritage, they're simply asking you to openly ACKNOWLEDGE, RESPECT, and CHERISH your African heritage in the same manner. By denying it and fighting it you perpetuate the RACISM and DISCRIMINATION that permeates the Dominican Republic and similarly situated countries.
GrimlocK wrote:
I agree with where Ninja has been coming from...the black NT'ers are all upset that dominicans don't identify themselves as being black...sure they may have hailed from Africa back in yesteryear but enough time has passed to where they can't identify themselves as being black anymore.

Same thing I feel with indian west-indians like myself. We hailed from India so long ago that we really can't be considered Indians anymore. In fact I really don't think Indians living in India even know about Guyana or Trinidad like that.

Black NT'ers need to get over it already. As far as i'm concerned being an nyc'er and not of either black or latin heritage...I really don't see Dominicans as being black anymore...they might look it but I believe culture is what you should really identify with over color.
I think you fail to realize that there are currently, as in today and right now, inhabitants of DR who are subjected to racism because they're black. The passage of time doesn't change the fact that there are black Dominicans. The only people who want to forget are those who have lighter skin and those who have darker skin that want to be like those who have lighter skin. There are Dominicans who embrace their African roots but it is few and far between. Do you know what it means to be comfortable in your own skin? It means, acknowledging all that you are, not just what's convenient. You should really watch the Henry Louis Gates documentary that was posted earlier.

166nn8i.gif

EDIT:

Will SOMEONE tell me where the genetically dominant melanin in Ninjahood's (and his defenders') skin comes from?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Longstoke you saying the same 3 paragraphs over and over.  It sounds like you read one book or article and just recite the words.

If you truly had an understanding of what you were saying you would explained yourself in your own words pages ago.  But nope you keep quoting the same thing.

Also you still haven't answered my question... do you even know the question? or you to busy worried about the whole "white=good, black=bad brainwashing" that you think nobody else know about.
So this is what you do when you have no comeback, right? You run to a corner, then place your hands over your head, then cower in defense.
Yes, I am a product of real life experience, then higher education. The words I've used are mine and mine alone unless otherwise stated, quoted, then highlighted.

I have no problem admitting that I have seen the Whites only signs in the south, then encountering many West Indians who'll suggest that they are not Black, as they see being Black as being a part of a doomed culture. I understand their position, but also telling them that if it were NOT for Black American culture, they would be subject to those White Only signs as well.

It's the same with Dominicans and other Latins as well. You don't have a problem with tossing around the N Word, slinging it as if you own it, being Black when it is cool, when it is convenient. However, when the time comes for you to stand up against bigotry, even that that is within your own culture, you emphatically state that it does not exist.

How quaint.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
GrimlocK wrote:

166nn8i.gif

I was gonna post "MY MAN"
frown.gif

I asked this during an interview in my gender and ethnicity class, so I'll also ask NT:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE BLACK?

Originally Posted by Demps

why does tiger woods get a pass from ya?

Tiger has never denied his black roots, he calls himself a blasian which is a combination of black and Asian.
laugh.gif

Never heard him say he was only Asian.
ohwell.gif

GrimlocK wrote:

Well said. But I'm confident this still won't register to him and others like him. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
GrimlocK wrote:

166nn8i.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif

How can you say meaningless? Have you seen the Von Luschan scale? It was made by a European he had no "pro black agenda" I'm all for color-blindness but I am a realistic person so when we have these discussions I refer to these "standards" that have been forced on all of us...
You're veering off topic. Let me repeat this again. Your "feelings" do not change the facts.
Whites overall do not accept biracial children
Good to know.
I'm not veering off topic and my feelings are not getting in the way of facts... In a world w/o racism I completely agree with you, a biracial product of rape is just that... biracial, equally black and white... We don't live in a color blind world though so when I pull out my Von Luschan Pokédex and it tells me the offsrping is black that's not my feelings, it's the world we live in

I feel like I'm arguing with an adolescent. If you want ignore the truth and live in your own bubble, by all means do it. But please don't try to pass of you fallacies as gospel.

I'm almost certain that nindahoods great grandparents were runaway slaves that came from Alabama. they ended up in da
DR. da end

You're veering off topic. Let me repeat this again. Your "feelings" do not change the facts. Good to know.

I feel like I'm arguing with an adolescent. If you want ignore the truth and live in your own bubble, by all means do it. But please don't try to pass of you fallacies as gospel.
Oddly enough, as I read all of your replies in this thread to 0cks, I felt as if he was the one arguing with an adolescent (your s/n didn't help your case either 
laugh.gif
) .. And it seems like your posts carry a tone of misguided arrogance which carry no weight and make damn near no sense. 
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

He already did 
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
GrimlocK wrote:

166nn8i.gif

EDIT:

Will SOMEONE tell me where the genetically dominant melanin in Ninjahood's (and his defenders') skin comes from?
nerd.gif

Such basic concepts and questions that are so difficult for some to grasp and come to terms with...

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

He already did 
grin.gif

By your post count I'm going to assume that you don't know how long it took just to get to that point on a simple message board lol. But anyways, when I say openly acknowledging I don't mean conceding a point on an internet message board.  

At the end of the day, Ninjahood doesn't have to acknowledge anything he doesn't want to. But on the flip side, we don't have to respect it.

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

I have no problem admitting that I have seen the Whites only signs in the south, then encountering many West Indians who'll suggest that they are not Black, as they see being Black as being a part of a doomed culture. I understand their position, but also telling them that if it were NOT for Black American culture, they would be subject to those White Only signs as well.
It's the same with Dominicans and other Latins as well. You don't have a problem with tossing around the N Word, slinging it as if you own it, being Black when it is cool, when it is convenient. However, when the time comes for you to stand up against bigotry, even that that is within your own culture, you emphatically state that it does not exist.

How quaint.

For example, Ninjahood has a SN that contains a colloquialism for the "n-word" while he rejects his Blackness and African heritage with near-totality.

Wow

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

He already did 
grin.gif

No he didn't.  Read the entire sentence.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Oddly enough, as I read all of your replies in this thread to 0cks, I felt as if he was the one arguing with an adolescent (your s/n didn't help your case either 
laugh.gif
) .. And it seems like your posts carry a tone of misguided arrogance which carry no weight and make damn near no sense. 
grin.gif

Spaniards raped a bunch of Africans, produced "Latinos" "Hispanics" (whatever you guys call yourselves) and you guys run back to that $#+#, quick to claim it instead of your original roots: AFRICA. All of this is quite funny though, "Hispanics" like many "African-Americans (and carribean people alike)" are confused as to who they are and are ashamed to claim their original Nation. Remember, you have to go BACK to the source. I think when people think of Africa though, all they conjure up is kids with flies on them, cows with their rib cages showing, or tribes with sticks poking out of their bodies. But if the right research was done, it'd be clear that people who occupy that entire region (past and present) come in all different colors and cultures.. even before the Arab and Roman Invaders. Which makes Africa (and the tightly accompanying areas) more beautiful than any other part of the globe.
You have the nerve to talk about arrogance? Lol. Also, petty attempt at marginalizing my words by bringing my name up. That basically summed up your intentions right there. If my posts tickle your nerves so much, make use of the ignore feature.

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

How quaint.

For example, Ninjahood has a SN that contains a colloquialism for the "n-word" while he rejects his Blackness and African heritage with near-totality.

Wow

weebay-o.gif

roll.gif

BTW, can someone answer this:

Where does the melanin in NinjaHood's skin originate? 

Spoiler [+]
Hint: 

DilutionCaps_web.jpg

Back
Top Bottom