The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by newbuck

Originally Posted by 0cks

I'm not veering off topic and my feelings are not getting in the way of facts... In a world w/o racism I completely agree with you, a biracial product of rape is just that... biracial, equally black and white... We don't live in a color blind world though so when I pull out my Von Luschan Pokédex and it tells me the offsrping is black that's not my feelings, it's the world we live in

I feel like I'm arguing with an adolescent. If you want ignore the truth and live in your own bubble, by all means do it. But please don't try to pass of you fallacies as gospel.
Oddly enough, as I read all of your replies in this thread to 0cks, I felt as if he was the one arguing with an adolescent (your s/n didn't help your case either 
laugh.gif
) .. And it seems like your posts carry a tone of misguided arrogance which carry no weight and make damn near no sense. 
grin.gif
He's down and out for the count
laugh.gif
I'm ignoring the truth? I'm trying to keep it as real as I can about the facts of life... They tried to do the same thing when Barack became Prez... "Well technically he really isn't black..." but we know damn well if he was locked up in cell block 5 he would just be another !*$*#
laugh.gif
... I'm just trying to keep things consistent *shrug*

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

I have no problem admitting that I have seen the Whites only signs in the south, then encountering many West Indians who'll suggest that they are not Black, as they see being Black as being a part of a doomed culture. I understand their position, but also telling them that if it were NOT for Black American culture, they would be subject to those White Only signs as well.
It's the same with Dominicans and other Latins as well. You don't have a problem with tossing around the N Word, slinging it as if you own it, being Black when it is cool, when it is convenient. However, when the time comes for you to stand up against bigotry, even that that is within your own culture, you emphatically state that it does not exist.

How quaint.

For example, Ninjahood has a SN that contains a colloquialism for the "n-word" while he rejects his Blackness and African heritage with near-totality.

Wow

weebay-o.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

I know it's incredibly obvious to anyone paying attention but it was always something that bothered me (as much as something on a message board can
laugh.gif
) and I felt like finally speaking on it.

For example, Ninjahood has a SN that contains a colloquialism for the "n-word" while he rejects his Blackness and African heritage with near-totality.

Wow

weebay-o.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

I know it's incredibly obvious to anyone paying attention but it was always something that bothered me (as much as something on a message board can
laugh.gif
It's real, also great that you pointed it out. I that thought everyone noticed that his handle was, what it was. 
wink.gif

I feel like I'm arguing with an adolescent. If you want ignore the truth and live in your own bubble, by all means do it. But please don't try to pass of you fallacies as gospel.
Oddly enough, as I read all of your replies in this thread to 0cks, I felt as if he was the one arguing with an adolescent (your s/n didn't help your case either 
laugh.gif
) .. And it seems like your posts carry a tone of misguided arrogance which carry no weight and make damn near no sense. 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Really?
ohwell.gif
Instead of having your e-buddy shift the attention away from your (poor)argument, try coming up with a less laughable explanation as to why latino's original roots are African and not both Spanish and African. You've already tried a couple different arguments: (paraphrased) "the spanish raped africans, therefor since they are the product of rape, they should just deny one half of their existence altogether". Then it was "Look at van luschan's scale. If he black he black (regardless of distinct ethnic features.). Both arguments equally #+*-backwards.
ohwell.gif

weebay-o.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
It's real, also great that you pointed it out. I that thought everyone noticed that his handle was, what it was. 
wink.gif
Didn't even think of it.. I know he loves rap/hip-hop (
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) so I thought it was from a song or something 
alien.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Really?
ohwell.gif
Instead of having your e-buddy shift the attention away from your (poor)argument, try coming up with a less laughable explanation as to why latino's original roots are African and not both Spanish and African. You've already tried a couple different arguments: (paraphrased) "the spanish raped africans, therefor since they are the product of rape, they should just deny one half of their existence altogether". Then it was "Look at van luschan's scale. If he black he black (regardless of distinct ethnic features.). Both arguments equally #+*-backwards.
ohwell.gif
We done with you, the tribe has spoken
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

You gotta be joking right?

You are so hyped up you won't realize that same example you used was similar to mine.  I've BEEN admitted to people of the same color having racist attitudes.  My whole point is EXACTLY what you said at the end.  The "whites only" sign is going apply to them too correct?

So my question is WHY are you so pressed to make a West Indian person say "I'm black" if they don't want to?  Who is it hurting? They just sound dumb if they don't believe it and will find out sooner or later if they live in the real world.  

And you STILL haven't given me an example in the real world of a person being "black" only when its convenient. 

So stop posting Ali pics and trying to be "beat" somebody and actually listen and have a conversation.  That's the problem with alot of NTers ya'll wanna battle instead of talk then start putting words in peoples mouths. 

laugh.gif
Really?
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
We done with you, the tribe has spoken
laugh.gif

That's what I thought.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The funniest thing about any NinjaHood post is "Da Heights" references. Somebody from NYC, what is this place like? Is it like a SPanish Harlem or something?

laugh.gif
I'm curious too, it really does seem like some mythical place...

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

Originally Posted by bay1591

Why do people care about what ninjahood categorizes himself as?

idk, i guess cause its something so obvious. Question should be why does Ninja feel the need to defend himself when he gets called black. I used to call DJ Proto J gay and he used to deny it, but now he just pays it no mind cause he accepts who he is. If we leave ninja alone, he will accept who he is

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cats just don't want to be associated with Africa if they can get away with it... I have never seen a caucasian deny any European roots, there's nothing to be "ashamed" of, but you have real life trolls like 
64515b886ac5bb9f7f9ee8233f9b58c5a2abbd1.png

claiming they are from Costa Rica when they are really half black... At the end of the day whatever elevated status they feel they are gaining from their dissociation from Africa, is only imagined... you still just a #%%$* with a bad hairdo
laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't even know what to say, I'm done
roll.gif

Honestly this debate is all about a bunch of african-american NTer's getting mad that others with probable African roots don't claim it. If they don't claim it then so what... people acting like the guardians of history on some power rangers type steez... It's like a Haitian not claiming they're African but instead only Haitain...in the end why you so mad? If they deny it and you don't like it then it's just to bad for you...boo hoo.

I do believe it has everything to do with probably being ashamed or distancing themselves from a part of their history but if people like Dominican's and other races who don't adopt a liking to be grouped in with other Africans then it's more African heritage for the rest of you...go on take it...be proud.

And the thing with people throwing around the N word...I mean it's not just Dominicans that do it so stopit5.

You don't like the use of the word then don't say it yourself. You gotta be the change you want to see in the world. You can't stop someone from saying the word...you just have to let it fade away when it's time is up along with other hateful words. Don't blame Dominicans and whites for perpetuating the usage blame the rappers, your friends, and yourself.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Honestly this debate is all about a bunch of african-american NTer's getting mad that others with probable African roots don't claim it. If they don't claim it then
he claimed it, it's been quoted.

they're just overlooking it or else they'd have nothing to talk about 
laugh.gif

edit:

the only valid argument here is the classification of race of mixed peoples.

Tired of this same argument always. My parents are from the dominican republic. My dad is dark and looks african american but my mom is very light and has european features.  My sister came out more "spanish" looking than me and it irritates me that when my mom side of the family says that theyre dominican this type of argument doesnt come up but when someone from my dads side says their dominican its always "oh yea ur just black" to me it just seems like people are really basing this argument on the color of the skin alone which is stupid.

Oh and one time this puerto rican chick asked me where im from because of my accent and i told her i was born here but my parents are from DR and she just looked at me all serious like "really?? Why are  so tanned?!" i couldnt believe this still happens in 2012    

Anywho..  yes i know there is black in us but so what? I say im american not black because thats where i was born. when they say theyre dominican theyre just stating their nationality and their culture so i dont see why we keep having the same argument. 

Originally Posted by babycakes

Tired of this same argument always. My parents are from the dominican republic. My dad is dark and looks african american but my mom is very light and has european features.  My sister came out more "spanish" looking than me and it irritates me that when my mom side of the family says that theyre dominican this type of argument doesnt come up but when someone from my dads side says their dominican its always "oh yea ur just black" to me it just seems like people are really basing this argument on the color of the skin alone which is stupid.

Oh and one time this puerto rican chick asked me where im from because of my accent and i told her i was born here but my parents are from DR and she just looked at me all serious like "really?? Why are  so tanned?!" i couldnt believe this still happens in 2012    

Anywho..  yes i know there is black in us but so what? I say im american not black because thats where i was born. when they say theyre dominican theyre just stating their nationality and their culture so i dont see why we keep having the same argument. 
you see, black is not a location. You cant say I came from black. people are CONSTANTLY mistaking race for nationality (i.e. Ninjahood). Black only refers to the COLOR of you're skin.
So when you say you're not black but American, its like...WHAT? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

This truely all stems from lack of knowledge of word. People don't know what word means. Its all good I guess. Racist soceity loves when ppl of minoirty fight amoung dem sleves. Why you think jim crow worked and still works to this day?

Originally Posted by sn00pee

you see, black is not a location. You cant say I came from black. people are CONSTANTLY mistaking race for nationality (i.e. Ninjahood). Black only refers to the COLOR of you're skin.
So when you say you're not black but American, its like...WHAT? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

Thats what im saying. If someone says they are dominican and someone else comes along and says "no your black you're just in denial blah blah" like that makes no sense cuz the person was talking about their nationality. I was using the example of me saying im american and not saying im black cuz im stating my nationality not my race

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Thats what im saying. If someone says they are dominican and someone else comes along and says "no your black you're just in denial blah blah" like that makes no sense cuz the person was talking about their nationality. I was using the example of me saying im american and not saying im black cuz im stating my nationality not my race
Yes but no one said that they are NOT DR. Or NOT AMERICAN. But some people go out their way to say "NO IM NOT BLACK IM _________." Once those "IM NOT BLACK" words creep out your mouth its like 
grin.gif
its ok to associate more with your ethnic background, I know that feel. but instead of say "im not black", one should say "yea im a black _______", I guess even mixed is acceptable. But dudes are flat out denying their blackness.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I agree with where Ninja has been coming from...the black NT'ers are all upset that dominicans don't identify themselves as being black...sure they may have hailed from Africa back in yesteryear but enough time has passed to where they can't identify themselves as being black anymore.

Same thing I feel with indian west-indians like myself. We hailed from India so long ago that we really can't be considered Indians anymore. In fact I really don't think Indians living in India even know about Guyana or Trinidad like that.

Black NT'ers need to get over it already. As far as i'm concerned being an nyc'er and not of either black or latin heritage...I really don't see Dominicans as being black anymore...they might look it but I believe culture is what you should really identify with over color.
I don't have a problem with Dominicans being..."Dominican"
Labels change over time.

The Jews of the supposed bible, aren't the white Ashkenazi/Germanic jews you typically think of today for example (this is a can of worms, too)

But I do have a slight issue with people ignoring their history. Its one thing to want to identify yourself presently, but don't front like you have NO black connection and hate on and distance yourself from people who have more african features and identity than you do. They're all in the same pot but they wanna act like they're just "visiting" instead of "living" there, if I can make a metaphor of sorts. 

Lol, did you notice? Grimlock called his own damn self Indian. Although, an Indian west Indian but Indian indeed. Thanks Grim.

And I do agree that your culture is ever different from Indians but your race? What race are you? There are Black trini and guayanese people and Indian trini and Guyanese people who share the same culture. But are of the same race? Don't think so.

We're speaking race here gentlemen. The guy that said race doesn't matter, that latino is latino... Its funny because if you saw me and heard me speak, Latino would be the last thing that came to your mind.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

And yes, grudgingly, Ninja has admitted to having African roots. Took about 10 threads but even him saying that is beyond the point.
edit:
I'm just saying

make a thread about Jamaicans "denying their blackness" and see how successful it is 
laugh.gif

Speaking of tip toeing, you conveniently bolded the only thing in my post that we agreed with. That post was actually directed at you specifically, contesting the prior statements that you made. I feel let down.
tired.gif

I do believe it has everything to do with probably being ashamed or distancing themselves from a part of their history but if people like Dominican's and other races who don't adopt a liking to be grouped in with other Africans then it's more African heritage for the rest of you...go on take it...be proud.

But why do they do it? You and I both know why and the reason behind it is whats disheartening. Futhermore, hiding under a guise of ethnicity when asked of your racial make up is a slap in the face to other black people that don't have that luxury or fail to see why someone of their own group whether mixed or not would want to distance themselves.

Snoopee, Black isn't a color. You know that there are Black folk from the motherland that aren't mixed but are soo light that they look transparent.

i totally slept on this thread but from what i gathered you guys are saying africans aint black
is this real life?
roll.gif

dudes trying that hard to not be labeled black
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Race is a social construct. It relies mainly on the color of your skin and other physical attributes.

We tend to see Mariah Carey (a mixed woman) as white while viewing Barack Obama as black. This is due to their physical appearance.

Technically, Ninjahood is a Black Dominican.

I say people stop getting so upset about these man made social constructs used to divide and control people. As more and more people engage in interracial relationships, more people will be born that defy racial categories. I think America needs to re-invent the race wheel to include a broader makeup of people. Not everything is simply black or white anymore....and it really has never been (except to those Europeans).

I feel that alot of people in the US especially LATINOS from EL Salvador Mexico etc.. assimilate like no other!!! I am dominican and first generation at that and I feel that its time that WE embrace our roots. If you speak spanish say that you are Hispanic, Latino whatever. Not turn the other cheek.

Back
Top Bottom