The offcial Kwame Brown unappreciation thread.....

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Reminder: Kwame Brown plays with one of the (if not THE) best player to ever come straight out of HS.

So the argument 'Well, it's not his fault, because he came out of HS straight into the league and that screwed him up' is inaccurate, because Kobe came straight out of HS, and he seems to be doing fine.

The difference?

Work ethic. Hustle. Passion. Pride. EFFORT.

Kwame has none, and it wouldn't matter if he came straight out of HS or if he went to college for 4 years and then hit the league; HE would still be the same, and HE has no work ethic, displays very little effort, and hustles for... nothing.

well kobe and bynum didnt have the GOAT screaming at them and treating them like dookie.

He was still a kid.

Did you read the article? He couldnt even sleep in the house by humself
tired.gif

not every 18 yr old is going to react the same way to everything and i dont think getting broken down like that by one of your idols really helps.

I really feel bad for him and i blame his crap of a career on Jordan and the rest of the wizards organization that had anything to do with that.

^ You blame his crap of a career on Jordan?

You can't.

I mean, you can, but it's not right.

I've said before on here (and I won't be using this post as a reason to go into detail about it, so no one reading this better ask me about it) that Iwas severely abused as a child, and I grew up in group homes after that state permanently took me out of my parents' home when I was 8; my step-mom wascharged with 9 different counts of child abuse and willful neglect; my dad was only charged with being an accomplice (he never did anything).

For me to sit here and be some drugged up, wife-beating drunk today and say, 'Well, it's because I was abused when I was little' is wrong. It takesaway personal responsibility, and NOTHING is more important and influential on a person than their OWN personal responsibility.

Nothing is more influential on Kwame than his own personal responsibility. In his professional career, he has had Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, and KobeBryant at his disposal, being a teammate of two of those three. He has NO ground to say that he hasn't had anyone willing to help him.

I am 100% convinced that Jordan reacted the way he did and called him the things he did (which I am NOT excusing, because it was wrong, wrong, WRONG) becausehe was frustrated as HECK watching this kid not give a DAMN about improving.

And it's evident in his time with the Lakers that he definitely does NOT give a damn about improving.

That's why I'm done with the dude. I seriously want him gone SOOOO bad.

When you don't care about improving yourself, then I'm done with you.

And the reason I say that is most likely because I'm a couple weeks away from getting my B.A. in Psychology, and one of the things that has DRILLED in myhead over the years in all these different classes is that you can NOT counsel someone who doesn't want to be helped. There is no therapy that will work onsomeone who doesn't care about self-improvement.

As a therapist or a counselor, if you have someone that doesn't care about self-improvement, all you can do at that point is... nothing, because nothingwill work.

NO ONE should care more about your self-improvement than YOU.

The person who should care the most about Kwame's career SHOULD be KWAME.

P.S. Yes, I know I could have made the argument 'Say a person is abused, and then they grow up to be a drugged up, wife-beating drunk, and they blame thaton the abuse they suffered,' but that argument NEVER works as well as a first-person account, an argument based on one's own PERSONAL experience. I saythis little 'P.S.' as a pre-emptive answer to anyone thinking I just wanted to use an excuse to talk about myself. Look through my thousands of postsand you'll see that ain't me.

^ya even MJ was quoted as saying in his book:

"In Washington, Kwame Brown said I was hard on him and I was because I never felt that he tried to push himself. He haddeveloped bad habits, and I'm not a fan of bad habits."

^

Co sign 100%. If kwame wanted to get better he could. He could have sat in the gym all day just to catch passes and pratice dunks.

I just hope the man tries over the next couple of weeks. Maybe this booing is going to help him. Maybe that will make him understand that he needs to workharder. But I swear if he messes up like he did in the PHX game again or on monday staples will let him have no matter what Kobe or Fish or anybody else maysay. Laker fans are sick of watch thier front office pay 9 mil to somebody who can't catch a ball.

Kwame may not even BE in the league after this year... I mean he's been stealing checks SINCE he got here.

of Course MJ was hard on him. They will be tied together forever, as the first of MANY bad GM decisions MJ has made during his twilight years

He's been garbage since day 1. Thanks MJ for that #1 pick. Altough Caron was traded for Kwame he wouldn't be as good as he is now if he was still aLaker. I rather have Samaki Walker than Kwame if those were my last options.

Yeah, Samaki was pretty damn bad, too.

I can't say it enough, though: * > Kwame

I'd take Samaki.

Samaki tried; he just sucked. Samaki trying to be great was like him trying to squeze blood out of a turnip. He just wasn't talented, in my opinion.

Kwame has the pieces to be talented, and if he put forth the effort Samaki did, he'd be VERY impressive. I honestly believe that if he put forth the effortthat you're average NBAer puts in, he'd be borderline All Star material every year. And if he put forth the effort put in by the likes of Kobe, MJ, andRay Allen (who I hear works TIRELESSLY), dude would be fighting Yao and Stat for the West Center spot every February.

Kwame has not apologized to the fans yet. HE IS WORSE THAN SAMAKI WALKER AND TRAVIS KNIGHT.

I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME I HATE KWAME.

Don't let him fool you, he sucks and deserves to rot on the bench till the end of the season, when he will never play again. He is so bad, no one iswilling to take him for 9 million in cap space. What a pathetic loser.

Put me down as the 2nd biggest (right behind MJ) Kwame hater out there.

^^
roll.gif

This thread hasn't slowed down one bit, def a classic, Lil Wayne doesn't even get this much hate

LAKERS
[h1]
Brown gets pleasant reception[/h1]
template_bas

template_bas

In first home game after being booed by Lakers crowd, he is even cheered during introductions.

By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
January 22, 2008

All the right things were said beforehand, Kwame Brown's first game since the boos cast around Staples Center displaced the injury being mourned by those around the team.

Brown committed too many turnovers, missed too many easy shots and permitted the crowd's cascade of boos affect his play too much

It shouldn't have happened.

"It's over with," Brown said. "I'm just a little upset with myself that I let it bother me as much as it did. It kind of got me into a cycle of turnovers. I've got to just come out and play hard."

He was talking, of course, of his seven turnovers and several missed shots against the Phoenix Suns on Thursday, his first home game since replacing injured Andrew Bynum when the boos greeted his miscues.

Teammates rallied around him and Brown owned up to his mistakes.

Against the Denver Nuggets on Monday, the lights dimmed, the starters were announced and the audience . . . cheered Brown's introduction.

Not as loud as the applause for Kobe Bryant, but there were no discernible hisses or hoots.

And the approval grew louder when Brown converted two easy baskets early, a dunk and layup, both assisted by Lamar Odom. A miss off the backboard then followed an awkward-looking jump shot.

The crowd stayed behind him and booed his involvement only when officials called an offensive foul after Brown made a layup and when he had the ball stripped away.

Brown is only listed an inch shorter than Andrew Bynum, but is trying to fill a much larger shoe size.

With Bynum sidelined at least eight weeks because of a knee injury and Chris Mihm out at least another week, the Lakers have few other options.

Brown is in the last season of a three-year, $24.9-million contract, and saddled with high expectations throughout his career, beginning when Michael Jordan picked him for the Washington Wizards as the No. 1 pick in the 2001 draft.

"Life isn't fair," Brown said of the expectations. "It's not about fair or unfair. I have a job to do for the team and I allowed something like a boo to get me out of a game plan and stop playing. That's what I can't do. Whether they boo or not, I got to go out there and play hard and run the court."

Coach Phil Jackson spoke before the game of a recovery for Brown, as though he were his injured center.

"I told him I expect a good game," Jackson said. "I expect a recovery. He's a professional and this is part of what guys do that are pros. They come back out and play well and rebound. It's not going to be easy at home.

"Definitely, there's got to be a little anxiety there. That's natural. But we very much decided that this is not going to be any different than anything else. We're going to go into him if he's open, and expect him to do some things."

Brown did some things, fumbled some others. In the third quarter, Marcus Camby blew past him for a dunk and Jackson quickly replaced Brown with Ronny Turiaf.

Brown finished with seven points, 11 rebounds and two turnovers. He didn't play in the fourth quarter.

"He had some moments when he played well, got after it, got some rebounds," Jackson said of Brown. "He got involved in the game and never got lost in it. That was important."

An average night, but not one that matches the output of the rapidly improving Bynum.

Still, the Staples Center crowd stood behind Brown, almost apologetically so.

Early on during a moment of relative quietness, a male fan's baritone voice resonated throughout the Staples Center sellout crowd of 18,997.

"I love you Kwame," he yelled

LOL at the I love you comment....

Early on during a moment of relative quietness, a male fan's baritone voice resonated throughout the Staples Center sellout crowd of 18,997.

"I love you Kwame," he yelled

my whole section started cracking up when we heard this. i love laker games.

^ Defending the baseline.
nerd.gif

Nothing wrong with that.

Except for the fact that THE BALL IS SLICING DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING LANE!
roll.gif

laugh.gif

That's the funniest picture of Kwame, hands down.
Kwame: "Don't worry, guys; I've got the baseline locked up.
smokin.gif
"
Wizards: "Riiiiiight. You just... you just keep doing that, champ."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

i dont understand how he can be that bad.

He doesn't put the work in. He just clowns around with his teammates during practice (no joke). He has no direction, no focus.

That's why Phil says he a peculiar player.

as bad as kwame is on the offensive end people forget that he's pretty good defensively (although that picture of him defending the wrong way doesn'thelp
laugh.gif
) against a lot of the bigs in the West

I hate Odom to death.

It's just something about him that seems cocky and the fact that he can't back it up is just plain laughable.

I'm glad he got that stupid star shaved off

Dunno if you guys know this, but Lamar is playing with a bum shoulder this season. It's obviously still not 100%.

Cut him some slack. He should be playing SF, but he hasn't as a Laker. Blame management for trading Caron and STILL not moving Lamar to hisnatural 3 spot. Blame management for giving the starting SF spot to Luke Walton. It's unfair to Lamar.

Back
Top Bottom