The offcial Kwame Brown unappreciation thread.....

^ Wow 23ska, I didn't think you had that in you............................but you're also 100% correct.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Man, that video makes me feel bad for Kwame. I wish he could play like that all the time but I think he just lacks the confidence.

Yea I think that's totally his problem. I can kinda relate even though I was never THAT good at basketball. When I played back in HS I was exactly likeKwame in the games. I would at least catch the ball in the post, but I'd always get over anxious and rush a move, or just pass it back out. I remember myvery first play of the season, I caught the ball in the post and backed my guy down, then spun inside and left him in the dust, only to shoot the layup so hardthat it completely missed the rim and bounced off the glass mad hard
laugh.gif

Hitting a jumpshot in a game? Forget about it
laugh.gif
I probably shot no better than 20% on the season, even though you'd catch me draining everything inpractice drills. I was always a good shooter, but I just had no confidence whatsoever in games or during scrimmages. I just remember being nervous as hell andplaying really timid. I never missed a free throw, but I just couldn't settle myself when taking jump shots or layups for whatever reason. The same thinghappened in soccer; once I got to be around 13 I just lost all my confidence and played scared. At that point I had been playing soccer for 8 years, some ofthem on travel teams and I had always been one of the best players/scorers on my team. But trust me, once you lose your confidence you are done, no matter howmuch talent you have or how good you were before.

I think that aside from Kwame needing to work harder on his game, he also needs a sports psychologist. Not everybody has what it takes mentally to be anathlete at the next level; some people need a little help.

Oh yea, his hands are also the size of a six-year old girl's.
laugh.gif

holla back ninja holla back
if u cant move the snow jus plow it back
u kwame brown in the game how foul is that

- Gillie The Kid

laugh.gif
@ this n' dissin kwame

Watch he comes out on the next game scoring, dunking, and rebounding like a beast. but then goes back to the usual kwame, lazy.

K8be wan Kenobi:
did he really turn down to work with Kareem? what a bum, seriously

i too think he's okay with sucking and just collecting 9 mil and living in his big house. and i like the fact that his teammates have his back in the media, but i hope Kobe, Odom, etc go hard on him in practice and don't try to coddle him or tell him that he's good.

someone needs to push him and try to light a fire under him, or he's gonna continue to suck.
From page 7:
FrenchBlue23:
Per KLAC 570 radio, the Lakers have actually tried to convince Kwame to work out with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the same way he works out with Bynum...

Apparently, he turned down the idea. Kareem has gone as far as to give Kwame tips, but they said that he doesn't take it seriously.

Go figure, that means there's no hope for Kwame at all.

I hope he does come out strong monday but he better keep it up because the fans in LA are not having it. After listening to KLAC pretty much all day the hatefor kwame in LA is very strong, and I don't think kobe or fish or anybody having his back is going to stop the boo's if he has another stretch like hedid in the PHX game.

There is no hope for this guy. I'm sure if he practiced making 10k layups or dunks a game he would get better. Seems to me like he just strength trains anddoesn't work on his game at all.

He should practice jumpers if he is afraid to go to the basket.

There is no hope for someone who doesn't work on his game and tries to improve it.

Luke Walton should get the same type of hate though.

Luke nor kwame have been the same since they got hurt. I hope luke gets out of his funk because kwame probably never will unless he drops some pounds.

Brown, 25, is easily the Lakers' biggest enigma. At 6-foot-11, 270 pounds, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2001 NBA draft has all the physical tools to be a dominating force. But he is still stuck in first gear, and the jury's still out on whether the coaching staff will ever be able to push him into second and beyond.

The logical solution would be to pair him up with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who has helped mold Bynum into a solid NBA starter three years removed from playing in high school.

"That's difficult because Kwame is a peculiar case," Abdul-Jabbar says. "I would leave that to Phil to explain how peculiar Kwame is. He's not a bad guy; it's just very hard to get through to him and I haven't done it yet."

So what's so peculiar about Brown?

"I call him a knucklehead once in a while," Jackson says. "Kwame has to be led to water and then forced to drink. [Assistant coach] Brian [Shaw] and I have always said there are some peculiarities about his game. For example, when he drives left, Kwame will finish right-handed, but he'll always pause or fake and wait for the defensive player to catch up to him. We can't get it through his head to just take that move because you're going to beat the guy anyway. You might get fouled, but Kwame does not enjoy foul situations and making a team pay because his free throw percentage is below 50 percent."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/arash_markazi/01/18/jackson.lakers/1.html

Kwame has the help that he needs, dude just doesn't wanna learn.
smh.gif

and that what makes all the booing well deserved. for you to have a help and support system right in front of you, offered to you, and you turn down the help
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everybody should be booing him at every game

No sympathy.

Blame JORDAN for this horrible acquisition starting in DC. For someone who claims to
"know" talent, he has proven himself to be dead wrong.

Dang Kwame I cheered for you last year in game 4 against the Suns, that should have been enough! Buuuuut Noooooo you want us to go to your new years partytoo?!?!

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

Brown, 25, is easily the Lakers' biggest enigma. At 6-foot-11, 270 pounds, the No. 1 overall pick of the 2001 NBA draft has all the physical tools to be a dominating force. But he is still stuck in first gear, and the jury's still out on whether the coaching staff will ever be able to push him into second and beyond.

The logical solution would be to pair him up with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who has helped mold Bynum into a solid NBA starter three years removed from playing in high school.

"That's difficult because Kwame is a peculiar case," Abdul-Jabbar says. "I would leave that to Phil to explain how peculiar Kwame is. He's not a bad guy; it's just very hard to get through to him and I haven't done it yet."

So what's so peculiar about Brown?

"I call him a knucklehead once in a while," Jackson says. "Kwame has to be led to water and then forced to drink. [Assistant coach] Brian [Shaw] and I have always said there are some peculiarities about his game. For example, when he drives left, Kwame will finish right-handed, but he'll always pause or fake and wait for the defensive player to catch up to him. We can't get it through his head to just take that move because you're going to beat the guy anyway. You might get fouled, but Kwame does not enjoy foul situations and making a team pay because his free throw percentage is below 50 percent."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/arash_markazi/01/18/jackson.lakers/1.html

Kwame has the help that he needs, dude just doesn't wanna learn.
smh.gif

Watched him do that so many times and wonder what the hell is problem is. Kwame is lucky he was the first pick. No way he would ever get the money heis getting. I bet if he wasn't the number one pick and was making what coby carl was making he would listen to people. This is a contract year. Most guysplay hard...this guy just stinks even worse.

^ Exactly.

I firmly believe that.

Certain things don't change just because of different circumstances; for example, if you're lazy, you're freaking lazy, man. Whether Kwame is inthe NBA or flipping burgers or working for a cable company, dude is lazy, unmotivated, and complacent.

Kwame Brown apologized to teammates after his turnover-filled debacle that drew a series of boos in the Lakers' loss Thursday against Phoenix.

Brown, speaking to reporters Saturday for the first time since the Lakers' one-sided 106-98 loss to the Suns, acknowledged going "into a shell" after hearing fans' reactions to his struggles.

He had seven turnovers, four as the booing escalated in the third quarter, and missed numerous shots from close range, including a dunk, two layups and a hook shot. He finished with eight points and six rebounds and did not play in the fourth quarter.

"I apologized to Kobe [Bryant] and my teammates," Brown said. "They tried to pick me up and I just kept making turnovers and playing hot potato with the ball. There's no excuse for the dunks that I missed. I've just got to get up and finish them. The explosion is not there like it used to be. If I can't dunk it, I've got to make the layup at least. There's no excuse for that."

Brown, 25, is in the last season of a three-year contract worth $24.9 million and sat out 19 games because of a sprained left knee and ankle. He has been back for 10 games and has averaged nine points, eight rebounds and 4.5 turnovers in the two games since Andrew Bynum's knee injury.

It was extremely rare to hear Lakers fans boo a player from the team they follow.

"I'm just real disappointed in myself for reacting to it the way I did," Brown said. "Fans are going to be fans, but my top priority is my teammates and my coaches. I kind of went into a shell a little bit and didn't carry the threat of a shot even when they kept giving it to me. I'll take the blame for that. The confidence wasn't there."

Brown said he was initially confused by the crowd's reaction.

"I actually didn't start off too bad," he said. "I missed my first jump shot and they started booing from there, which was a little weird. I guess they're still panicking from the reaction of losing Andrew. It was an unfortunate situation because we definitely were in that ballgame and came back."

Numerous teammates came to Brown's defense, including Bryant, who said fans could stay home if they wanted to boo Brown.

Brown arrived early for Saturday's short practice and worked on his post moves with special assistant coach Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

He also spoke briefly with Coach Phil Jackson.

"I just mentioned the fact that I was not surprised how supportive his teammates were," Jackson said. "We know how well he can play. It's a difficult atmosphere and we expect him to come back and play well on Monday."

The Lakers play Denver that night at Staples Center. The Nuggets' center is Marcus Camby, last season's NBA defensive player of the year.

"Next game, I'm going to still come out and try to pass the ball and move the ball around, but I've definitely got to be more active, punch one in and whatever move I make -- make or miss -- I'm going to be aggressive with it," Brown said.

Jackson expressed disappointment at the Lakers' overall effort against the Suns. The Lakers never led and trailed by as many as 20 points.

"The last two big games that we've had, which was Phoenix and Boston, both of them we laid eggs in," Jackson said. "That was disappointing to me that we didn't match either team in the intensity that we had to bring in those two games. That's indicative of something."

The Lakers lost to Boston, 110-91, on Dec. 30.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...481.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers
We will see monday. I will be there.

Back
Top Bottom