THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'd be super interested in RF making an AM1! Just Us on one insole, RF on the other, mini swoosh, possible tongue or back heel branding.
Only AM1 collab I want to see more is the new Patta one. I'd most likely fly to NYC and camo with @JPS. I'm too old to be camping but I would for this one. I'd hire my own goons to out-goon Wotherspoon's goons when they showed up.

Only AM1 collab I want to see more is the new Patta one. I'd most likely fly to NYC and camo with @JPS. I'm too old to be camping but I would for this one. I'd hire my own goons to out-goon Wotherspoon's goons when they showed up.
I'm in NY, can I camp too? We can get beers afterwards and catch a Yankee game :nerd:

I'm in NY, can I camp too? We can get beers afterwards and catch a Yankee game :nerd:
haha funny you say that. Wife and I are currently planning my Bespoke trip around the Yankees schedule.

But yea you can camp with us. We'll do it right too. We'll turn the block into a damn lounge for 2 days. Drinks/food delivered. TV set up.

haha funny you say that. Wife and I are currently planning my Bespoke trip around the Yankees schedule.

But yea you can camp with us. We'll do it right too. We'll turn the block into a damn lounge for 2 days. Drinks/food delivered. TV set up.
I can't wait to see what you're going to do with a Bespoke, post as many pics as possible of the whole process!

And done, I'll be there with my Timbs, unlaced, my Yankee fitted, and a Carhartt jacket :smokin

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 lol I’m a lover man

I don’t doubt Ronnie would kill an air max 1 if given the chance I’d just rather see someone w/less exposure get the shot before him

give John Elliot or Teddy Santis a collab

Guys, I need help from anyone that can offer it. I'm helping my local with an AM1 display for AMD. There's two glass cases. One will be a gr case, so Greystones, Crepes, Currys, Leather Currys, Pink Pack. The case is a collab case. Thought about doing Patta Pack but then I realized that was dumb with this being an Atmos release. So that case needs to be an Atmos case. I have Vios and Elephants. @singledout has already offered his og Animals. I'd like a few more, if possible. Safaris, Tiger/Desert Camo, AM90 Duck Camo, etc. I know it's a big ask and I'll personally guarantee your pairs. If anyone can help, PM me.

Thanks.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 lol I’m a lover man

I don’t doubt Ronnie would kill an air max 1 if given the chance I’d just rather see someone w/less exposure get the shot before him

give John Elliot or Teddy Santis a collab

John Elliott definitely is well known.

I would LOVE to see an Aime collab. It’s my favorite brand. Teddy Santis is a genious. Some of his stuff goes a little too far out but it comes with the territory.

Kith is the biggest and most exclusive Nike Account in the US...they're also seen as one of their biggest threats from a marketing/cultural agility perspective but thats a different story.

When Nike works with you to manipulate silhouettes to your specifications beyond a simple, superficial colorway change, you're on a different level.

UNDFTD is up there, Concepts used to be but I think they've fallen off. Everyone else is pretty much a stockist.

Do you know how many pairs of the OW collab they got alone? 200 per model per store.
Across Miami, BK and Soho. So 600 per shoe? Thats 5400 pairs for just one account. Nobody else even came close inside the US.

yup and thats just 1 example, the other stuff they get, volume is huge compared to all of SS family shops.

Kith is the biggest and most exclusive Nike Account in the US...they're also seen as one of their biggest threats from a marketing/cultural agility perspective but thats a different story.

When Nike works with you to manipulate silhouettes to your specifications beyond a simple, superficial colorway change, you're on a different level.

UNDFTD is up there, Concepts used to be but I think they've fallen off. Everyone else is pretty much a stockist.

Do you know how many pairs of the OW collab they got alone? 200 per model per store.
Across Miami, BK and Soho. So 600 per shoe? Thats 5400 pairs for just one account. Nobody else even came close inside the US.
I love you man, but you're wrong. Kith may be the most exclusive Nike account and get the best Nike stuff, but they aren't the biggest Nike boutique account from a pure volume perspective. I'm not saying AMM/SS/APB is as influential with Nike as Kith is. I'm just saying that AMM/SS/APB sells more Nike product than Kith.

I love you man, but you're wrong. Kith may be the most exclusive Nike account and get the best Nike stuff, but they aren't the biggest Nike boutique account from a pure volume perspective. I'm not saying AMM/SS/APB is as influential with Nike as Kith is. I'm just saying that AMM/SS/APB sells more Nike product than Kith.
Im not suggesting otherwise. Im talking about actual magnitude of account exclusivity. Im sure there are peddlers of Nike's GR/whatever is slightly more limited than a GR that are bigger, not disagreeing at all.

yup and thats just 1 example, the other stuff they get, volume is huge compared to all of SS family shops.
To be fair, SS is Tier 0. APB isn't. He gets a lot of stock on the limited releases for SS but he then spreads it kinda thin so he can get APB some product too. He could just keep 50 pairs at each SS shop but he spreads the love so all of his stores get the hyped pairs.

Im not suggesting otherwise. Im talking about actual magnitude of account exclusivity. Im sure there are peddlers of Nike's GR/whatever is slightly more limited than a GR that are bigger, not disagreeing at all.
Yea just saying this is the comment that started the debate. I never suggested SS was more influential than Kith.

I
I mean, they do more volume than any boutique in the US now so I'd say they're pretty plugged in.

I'm not sure how SS stock distribution usually goes. You most likely know that more than me. I'm just on the outside basically comparing how many stock I see gets put in-store and online between those 3 shops and the stock kith puts up in-store and online. Thats why I said I think Kith might be the bigger boutique (in terms of quantity they get and not so much about how many locations)

Yea just saying this is the comment that started the debate. I never suggested SS was more influential than Kith.
Did you expect me to go back and read stuff...cmon i just saw kith and went *******, entitled new yorker on the thread. Same page now :smile:

Reactions: JPS
I'm not sure how SS stock distribution usually goes. You most likely know that more than me. I'm just on the outside basically comparing how many stock I see gets put in-store and online between those 3 shops and the stock kith puts up in-store and online. Thats why I said I think Kith might be the bigger boutique (in terms of quantity they get and not so much about how many locations)
Kith may get more of a limited shoe bc of how influential they are. SS sells more pairs of all Nike shoes over the course of the year than any other boutique though.

current convo mood:
EN1rMlstTgmwHx7pwleJ_z2.gif

Back
Top Bottom