THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Overall yes. The suede on the Shima blues might be the best I've seen on an AM1.
Interesting. I did notice how thick the materials are on them even compared to other leather pairs I have from that same year.

You don't get that type of nubuck on a mudguard usually either. Quarter panels on the Crepe Hemp are really nice, and the Curry. But the mudguard is usually this more hard wearing rough-out type suede.

Just finished this Shima restoration. Previous owner really ran them into the ground BUT the materials are A+ so could bring them back to wearable.
Only thing left to do is decide on white or blue laces...
shima restore 1.jpg
shima restore 2.jpg
shima restore 3.jpg
Info on how you restored good sir?

Either post here or I’d appreciate a dm
Either way

My cousins favorite am1 anniversary royals were completely trashed close to your pair, wanted to fix them up for him

Thanks

Info on how you restored good sir?

Either post here or I’d appreciate a dm
Either way

My cousins favorite am1 anniversary royals were completely trashed close to your pair, wanted to fix them up for him

Thanks
Really recommend the guy Vick for renovation tutorials. Here he is with the quickstrike royals. Don't worry about the specific products you can use anything similar from Amazon.

I'm imagining your cousin's pair are in worse condition but scrubbing them down thoroughly and then running them through the washing machine like Vick does here is the way to go with those materials I think.

If you need to do any midsole work then just make sure to spend the time carefully taping off the uppers, that's the work- painting is easy. The paint brand to go for is Angelus.

Long shot i know, but does anyone have access to the Pure Platinum / Total Orange in a size 12? I know they were even on sale at Footlocker at one point but I didn't ask for a proxy at the time. And Soled out had pairs on Ebay that many of you got. Anyway, let me know. Much appreciated

Spotted a woman in the gym the other day with the Have a Nike Day AM1

Figured she was just wearing them to flex...next thing you know, I saw her walking into a group metabolic/HIIT session

Said a prayer for her and her ankles.

Other than that, was nice to see someone else in a pair of AM1’s. Don’t see it too often around my area

now it aint easy anymore but 12 years ago when i bought mine they were very easy to find and even below retail
Yeah can imagine, they aren't really a hype shoe at all but they're a grail of mine. Will come across a pair eventually.

I'm always wondering which GR pairs releasing nowadays will end up hard to find and valuable a decade down the line. Watermelons at a guess.

Back
Top Bottom