The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Ok fine hunter x hunter. I just started the episode where Netero and Killua’s dad jump off that bird towards the chimera ants’ castle.

I admit I’m pretty tense/hype to see what happens even though I already saw a clip of the Netero fight in here years ago so I know he loses/dies. Been a while since an anime had me tensed up. The writings pretty good. Even if the chimera ants are a pretty crappy troll concept.

The music in ep 111 is excellent.

Last edited:
Ok fine hunter x hunter. I just started the episode where Netero and Killua’s dad jump off that bird towards the chimera ants’ castle.

I admit I’m pretty tense/hype to see what happens even though I already saw a clip of the Netero fight in here years ago so I know he loses/dies. Been a while since an anime had me tensed up. The writings pretty good.
His grandpa. But that was a good scene
10 eps to go til the actual fight

I admit I’m pretty tense/hype to see what happens even though I already saw a clip of the Netero fight in here years ago so I know he loses/dies. Been a while since an anime had me tensed up. The writings pretty good. Even if the chimera ants are a pretty crappy troll concept.

"Bad move, little ant." [troll face]

When it comes to Manga yeah One piece is above everything. But anime, games merch etc, one piece isn’t touching DBZ or Naruto. And also worldwide of course it’s not even a contest with DBZ.
I dont believe this statement. I wanna see your numbers to prove this. Because worldwide obe piece is HUGE. Ive never seen a naruto or dbz mini expo/musuem in other countries. Ive seen a one piece expo/musuem in 3 other countries.

Idk how people discredit ops merch show amd game steez. Out of the 5 asian countries ive travelled. I saw way more one piece merch than dbz and naruto. Evem when i was in japan outside of tokyo pokemon and one piece were the anime souvemir merch that was store front more than anything else.
Taiwan loves OP .
Thailand was mix.

I dont believe this statement. I wanna see your numbers to prove this. Because worldwide obe piece is HUGE. Ive never seen a naruto or dbz mini expo/musuem in other countries. Ive seen a one piece expo/musuem in 3 other countries.

Idk how people discredit ops merch show amd game steez. Out of the 5 asian countries ive travelled. I saw way more one piece merch than dbz and naruto. Evem when i was in japan outside of tokyo pokemon and one piece were the anime souvemir merch that was store front more than anything else.
Taiwan loves OP .
Thailand was mix.
Real talk I was in Seoul and they had a cafe designed as the Going Merry (like you look across the neighborhood and you just see a ship) and there was mad OP merch. Never seen **** like that before :lol:

I thought the ants were a cool concept, especially later on when they get more character development. I think you'll come to appreciate them more in the coming episodes.

I thought the ants were a cool concept, especially later on when they get more character development. I think you'll come to appreciate them more in the coming episodes.

I just feel like they're a cheat code to explain away unreasonable powerups and numbers of villains.

Does anyone know where I can watch the English dubs of Hunter x Hunter? Crunchyroll only has subbed episodes.

Taiwan loves OP .
Thailand was mix.
One piece is nothing in Europe and the US. It never caught on. It’s very much an asian property at this point.

It’s easy to see how much games are sold as well since we have European and NA charts. We have 2 DBZ xenoverse games that have sold more than 10 million copies. DB fighterz sold 3.5 million copies and there’s another new RPG with DBZ kakarot coming out.

Dbs super did 115 million world wide at the box office. The latest 1 piece movie did 66 million(2018). Dragon ball is incredibly huge in the ROtW and it’s back from its hiatus after GT.

I’ll edit for Naruto in a sec

Real talk I was in Seoul and they had a cafe designed as the Going Merry (like you look across the neighborhood and you just see a ship) and there was mad OP merch. Never seen **** like that before :lol:
I forgot u told me u were in korea for a bit. Yea thats in hongdae i went there too. Bought like 5 posters.
One piece is nothing in Europe and the US. It never caught on. It’s very much an asian property at this point.

It’s easy to see how much games are sold as well since we have European and NA charts. We have 2 DBZ xenoverse games that have sold more than 10 million copies. DB fighterz sold 3.5 million copies and there’s another new RPG with DBZ kakarot coming out.

Dbs super did 115 million world wide at the box office. The latest 1 piece movie did 66 million(2018). Dragon ball is incredibly huge in the ROtW and it’s back from its hiatus after GT.

Thats your assumption. For every one person that says "one piece hasnt caught on in usa or uk" i have 4 other people tell me its great. I follow a few anime pages and they all loove one piece as equally as the rest some have it as GOAT ( which it is).

Game sales i cant vouch for. But anime fighting games beat out play through type like what op is

New berserk?!
552EDCAD-2E7F-4871-A829-3D5F7AE6C62A.gif

Toonami had a gang of anime from what I remember. Summer nights staying up to watch midnight run. Then Adult Swim had those anime nights too. Lots of nostalgia right now.

G Gundam
Gundam Wing
OG Gundam
The 8th MS Team
Outlaw Star
DBZ
Dragonball
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Big O
Tenchi Muyo Series (lowkey miss this one)
Ronin Warriors

I know One Piece started airing in Belgium in 2013. It's relatively popular but incomparable to the Dragon Ball series. Virtually everyone can name multiple DB characters. I doubt a fraction of those people would know who Luffy is.

New One Piece is out.
Zoro is about to get a new sword? And it's the only one that has ever harmed Kaidou? I can see how this is gonna end now. :lol: :pimp:
That's one loyal fox to have been gathering weapons all this time.
Doesn't Orochi have Enma though? I thought I remembered a sword on a wall behind him in a panel.

New Berserk just makes me sad. I've been away from reading manga routinely for years and I bet that new chapter picks up right after the last one inread :smh: :lol:

Did Toonami ever play the Opening to Big O? I don't remember this at all. :lol:

Of course.

This was my **** :pimp:

Big O was some James Bond/Batman meets Gundam wild ****.

Spoiler about Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood:

I just saw a pic of the Elrich brothers in their bodies online and I’m onlu 7 episodes in. I guess it’s no surprise they were gonna pull it off but it kinda ruins it for me. Is the series still worth watching or should I move on?

Also hunter x hunter and code geass have been my 2 favorite animes. Anything like it? I’m having trouble finding a new show

Absolutely continue watching. Seeing the destination doesn't ruin the journey in this case. The journey itself makes the destination worth it.

Back
Top Bottom