The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

speaking of Oreimo, can I just say, this was one of the cutest things I've ever seen in an anime. :lol: :lol:

Gotta be up there as one of the cutest scenes. :lol:

Hataraku Maou-sama is another i have not seen but will with in the next few days premise sounded hilarious so i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

I just finished watching the first episode of Aku no Hana. Oh boy was that all out of left field. :lol:
It felt like I was watching a colored version of the music video "Take on Me" but without the catchy music. :lol:
It felt like they recorded real people and colored them in really badly. :lol:
Now that I got that out of my system, it does have an interesting enough premise. The ending to the first episode makes me want to see where this is going. I dont know how much longer I can handle that art style though. :lol:

In terms of the other two anime you mentioned, they were good too. I'm gonna keep them on my watch list for now.

I also suggest that you check out Devil Survivor 2 and RDG: Red Data Girl. Those caught my attention as well.
I'm still waiting for railgun, Oreimo, and the titan anime.

Take on me without the music?! :wow: :rofl:

Been meaning to watch those 2 i just haven't had a chance to watch em yet since i'm trying to catch up to Idol M@aster atm before season 2 next week. Also anyone know who picked it up for Simulcast? I know CR had/has season 1 but i don't think they've announced having season 2 yet.

Last edited:
Oregairu
Definitely agree wtih you on the Ryuuji resemblence. It was the first thing I noticed. :lol: He really does have that similar look. I really like the bluntness of these two main characters and how dialogue heavy it is. These characters feel believable to me in how they think and act. Great first episode and it seems I'll be seeing this series through to the end.

Hataraku Maou-sama!
I had no idea what this one was about before watching, and I'm pretty glad I didn't. The battle parts were pretty well done and I had no idea it was going to switch all of a sudden to a comedy anime for the rest of the episode, which was a nice surprise. Their demon language is :lol: :lol: I don't think that's a real existing one is it? Their voice work was hilarious and spot on for the comedy parts. I'm really interested to see where they go with this show.

Anime Mirai 2013 ep 2 (Death Billiards)
If you guys haven't watched episode 1, which was Little Witch Academia, I highly suggest it. The art was amazing and it gave off a disney feel. It made me feel like a kid again. This week was Death Billiards by Mad House.
This had me engaged throughout the whole thing. Had no idea what would happen, and when I thought I had things figured out, they'd throw the twist out. I'm still trying to figure out who went where at the end. Really, really good showing by Mad House.

If you guys haven't watched episode 1, which was Little Witch Academia, I highly suggest it. The art was amazing and it gave off a disney feel. It made me feel like a kid again. This week was Death Billiards by Mad House.
This had me engaged throughout the whole thing. Had no idea what would happen, and when I thought I had things figured out, they'd throw the twist out. I'm still trying to figure out who went where at the end. Really, really good showing by Mad House.
Wait, those two are a apart of the same "series"? I'm gonna go check them both out....

Wait, those two are a apart of the same "series"? I'm gonna go check them both out....

They're not in the same universe or story or anything. They're just being bundled under Anime Mirai among the streaming sites. There's going to be two more episodes left I believe. They're each a 30 minute thing of what each studio did with the money they were given.

Finished up season 1 and 2 of Index and season 1 of Railgun. Looking forward to more seasons of Index and hopefully there won't be as many skippable episodes in the 2nd season of Railgun compared to the first season.

Last edited:
New oreimo was great.

Wonder who kyousuke will end up with though? Kuroneko and Tamchan are in it so far but a friend told me the true path is ayase and Kyousuke so who knows.

Either way i'm really glad the show is back!

Idk if the video is showing, it's not showing on my browser but here's the link

Last edited:
They're not in the same universe or story or anything. They're just being bundled under Anime Mirai among the streaming sites. There's going to be two more episodes left I believe. They're each a 30 minute thing of what each studio did with the money they were given.
I just saw Little Witch Academia and Death Billiards and they were both great.

LWA definitely had that nostalgia factor to it. I had a smile the whole episode. :lol:
I wouldn't mind if it gets picked up for a series or a movie. I would definitely watch it.

DB was great too. That old man smiling at the end. man I know there is something goin on with him. I want more of this too. :lol:

New oreimo was great.

Wonder who kyousuke will end up with though? Kuroneko and Tamchan are in it so far but a friend told me the true path is ayase and Kyousuke so who knows.

Either way i'm really glad the show is back!

Is tamchan the childhood friend that he hangs out with all the time? I'm hoping for anyone but her. :lol: :lol: At the moment I'm on team Kuroneko.

After watching it, why was Kirino ignoring Kyousuke? Was it ever really defined in the episode? She just all of a sudden woke him up and everything was fine again.

Is tamchan the childhood friend that he hangs out with all the time? I'm hoping for anyone but her. :lol: :lol: At the moment I'm on team Kuroneko.

After watching it, why was Kirino ignoring Kyousuke? Was it ever really defined in the episode? She just all of a sudden woke him up and everything was fine again.
Whenever she is going about her business, she tends to ignore him. Im guessing she was ignoring him for the most part because she was trying to get settled in again and only needed him when she needed to indulge in her otaku side. :lol:
I'm also on team kuroneko for now. that darn girl ruined that private moment she was having with Kyousuke. :lol:

Whenever she is going about her business, she tends to ignore him. Im guessing she was ignoring him for the most part because she was trying to get settled in again and only needed him when she needed to indulge in her otaku side. :lol:
I'm also on team kuroneko for now. that darn girl ruined that private moment she was having with Kyousuke. :lol:
:lol: I was lightweight heated off that. That damn homoge girl. >: I hope Kuroneko gets her time to shine, I have the worst luck when it comes to rooting for a love interest in anime. I've started Pet Girl Sakura and I can already see the girl I'm rooting for losing. :frown: :rofl:

:lol: I was lightweight heated off that. That damn homoge girl. >: I hope Kuroneko gets her time to shine, I have the worst luck when it comes to rooting for a love interest in anime. I've started Pet Girl Sakura and I can already see the girl I'm rooting for losing. :frown: :rofl:

Tamchan is the childhood friend which i'm rooting for BUT Kuroneko has got my vote atm lol

Man Sakuraou only gets better! Also Teamshiina all the way :pimp:

Last edited:
I just finished Kokoro Connect and man :wow: was that show crazy. But very enjoyable watch, Ending was good i'd highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the first episode of Attack On Titan and my god.... :wow: :x

I cannot remember the last time I was ever hooked on a series just based off the first episode, if ever.
he had to watch his mother get eaten. Damn...:smh:
Needless to say, I recommend you guys give this show a glance if you are interested. :lol:
Side note, pretty fancy and flashy way of fighting they got. :lol:

I just finished watching the first episode of Attack On Titan and my god.... :wow: :x

I cannot remember the last time I was ever hooked on a series just based off the first episode, if ever.
Needless to say, I recommend you guys give this show a glance if you are interested. :lol:

This show was just.....WOW :wow:

The poor mom man DAMN. Just Crazy, definitely has my attention. Looking forward to the next one and seeing where this goes.

Last edited:
seems like every sport manga I read they always come up a way to turn it into the disaster that was PoT. Been reading Kuroko no Basket since I've been looking for a basketball manga after Slam Dunk. wasn't expecting much after the intro, it's ok but all these "moves" are what's killing all the sports mangas. :smh:

can anyone recommend just a pure sports manga without all these "moves"? :nerd:

How adorable is kirino!?

:wow:

Sup fellas. I just popped in here to see if there was any good new shows to watch.

I just finished up Accel World (should this be blue?)

Watched Attack on Titan, looks really good. I love the premise. The creepy titan at the end with the freaky smile looks familiar.

Then I watched Oreimo. Weird af. Kinda funny, will peep a few more episodes but it doesn't seem like my type.

I've been hyped for this to release ever since last month and it did not disappoint. The music is sure to continue to be amazing and I'm in love with the art style. It's going to be a crazy ride. :pimp: :pimp:

I hope more people in this thread pick up this show because I can see this being the one that's talked about a bunch every week.

I cannot wait for the battle scenes.

:x :x :x

Last edited:
^there was one thing that I noticed while watching the first episode.
This whole series takes place in the past or appears to take place in the past (within the show's universe). I am basing this solely on the episode title screen where it says in a corner, "To those of you, 2000 years from now". And also, it feels like someone was reading a story of sorts.
Also, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of that giant in the end, hopefully.

^there was one thing that I noticed while watching the first episode.
This whole series takes place in the past or appears to take place in the past (within the show's universe). I am basing this solely on the episode title screen where it says in a corner, "To those of you, 2000 years from now". And also, it feels like someone was reading a story of sorts.
Also, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of that giant in the end, hopefully.
We're definitely not done with that giant in the end. There's hell to pay! >: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom