*****The Official "Anything About Money" Thread***

mavrx,

Only time I have money in a money market account is my cash position that is not in another asset class... However, if you are going to be openning one for the sole purpose of a relatively high liquid asset with higher yield and are cool with all the restrictions check out bankrate.com

jDOTgDOT,

I definately depends on how much you make. And, how much of a materialstic person you are. And foremost, and most importantly, how much you discount your future spending. Meaning, personal to you what is most important, buying stuff today, buying stuff tomorrow, or retiering earlier or at a higher level of quality.
As far as why income is important, it may be that someone making a much larger amount per month can save 50% of it and still live well, as where somone not making as much could not sustain on only 50% of their income.

Either way you should make a budget, see how much of your income you use now, and could use and still live at a standard that you will be comfortable with, then work from there on saving more and cutting back on things you deem as less important than retiering more comfortably or spending in the future.

As far as savings for retirement vs. savings for (I dont know, maybe future purchases in a sooner time frame) I would say there is no rule, def somethin you gotta weigh.

Stocks vs. Bonds vs. Cash positions is something that takes alot of time, and depends on economic, stock market, and debt market conditions. So giving a simple answer I don't really wanna do.. unless someone really wants to know...

Dog my projects got taste, although the rent aint nuttin but two fitty,
we sportin five thousand dollar drapes
No matter where he is next year, Amare Stoudemire is guaranteed to make the All-Interview team. When asked about his jumper after the Micky D's game, he responded: "My jumper has improved since the summer, bro, but I haven't even worked on my jumper."

Alright I have a different kind of question...

I want to play poker online. Not the safest investment but its something I want to do :lol:
laugh.gif
Vikings | Sabres | Timberwolves

^^690 is a good credit score and raising it idk bc i am trying to raise my credit score also
Fire red III's available now $180 with free shipping...Paypal available

i have like $1500-$2000 sitting in a savings acount at a local bank. what can i do with it to make it grow faster this summer or til the end of the year?

So if we are talking anything about money has anyone in here ever invented anything or has a patent for an invention? because I am in the process of getting a patent for a mcreation m standing for money...and I wanted to know how the process was?
Fire red III's available now $180 with free shipping...Paypal available

Quote:
As a general rule you should not invest in a stock that you cannot fully comprehend, because then you would not know if they are doing well, but more importantly if they will do as good in the future.

As far as these PE firms going public, they are some of the least comprehendable firms to understand and if you can comprehend there business there still lie some conscerns.

Interest rates, the ability of these PE firms to pile debt onto these takeover products, may not speak specifically for their ability to better managae the company, but may simply be because of low interest spreads.

Or, the public offering may signal that Schwarzman and his pals think that this is a peak of Blackstone's worth and the peak of PE as a whole.

Either way, if you do not know who Schwarzman is you do not need to be in this stock.

20% off your first purchase at karmaloop.com

They got Stussy, LRG, Triple 5 Soul and other nice brands
http://www.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=JN7353

My Human Torch Air Max 95

Quote:
If you get into a good B-school and major in finance you can get a job at an investment bank making 100k your first year there and a few million 5-7 years in. That is of course at a huge Ibank like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, etc., you'd make less at a regional or boutique investment bank.
20% off your first purchase at karmaloop.com

They got Stussy, LRG, Triple 5 Soul and other nice brands
http://www.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=JN7353

My Human Torch Air Max 95

i got a question. if i start doing the 401k plan from my work and lets say i quit. will i get the money that was put towards the 401k plan

Lax you really have no life huh?

I had 2 guys go through me and I had no complaints
PHILLY PHILLY PHILLYWant 20% on your money? PM me -1k- min​

Its not my place to jump in an all the e/internet beef but I have invested with Martin & Co before and everything went smoothly. Had no problems and dude seems real cool. Perhaps we can dead all this bs and get back to enjoying NT?? Would be appreciated an all partys behalfs.
SCOTTISH KINGS

How bad of an idea is it to take out an education loan for a car? Let's just say it's almost a necessity and I could probably purchase a car without it but it would extremely tight and I'll have much less to spend on the car.
Nike ID 255 Studio Invite Card for sale email reds_stich@yahoo.com[/center]

Back
Top Bottom