****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

67_3.JPG

Just picked up these... now to pick up some sea glow!

can anyone tell me, or lead me to a forum that tells me how to PREVENT yellowing in the first place? thanks

Question:

After taking the shoes out of the sun, do you guys dry the soles or something, cause my soles are still a little 'wet.'

^^^ i always wash the soles with dish soap and warm water just make sure i get all the sea glow off

Wow, I haven't been in this post in a LONG TIME... Since we first found out about Sea Glow, I've been having really good results with some XV1's and XI's...

But I think there is actually TOO MUCH sun and heat in Vegas right now... I had some minor separation on both pairs, which I was VERY careful not to get Sea Glow into seams... I think the 110+ degree heat simply melted the glue...

I say this because I have a toddler XIX SE hanging from my rearview, and it's starting to come apart, much like what you all are posting. And of course, this is NO Sea Glow on that shoe...

So my advice is to those in REALLY hot climates, just wait until the weather cools down, since all you need is UV Sunlight and not heat...

:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

And wow! When did we find out it works on yellowed midsoles?? That is information that is greatly appreciated! Props to whoever tried it first!

has anyone tried the sealant that is supposed to keep things from yellowing after sea glow? im thinking of going to pick some up to give it a try. If anyone has tried it let me know whats up

ive been seaglowing several times now. i dont really see much improvement. Maybe slight differences but thats it. Everyone is having great results after their first attempt but its been a struggle for me. i dont kno what im doing wrong
Located in NYC
AIM:scmtkings4
Email: scmtkings4@aol.com

^same for me....my kinda yellow columbias are doing great but my piss concords and piss 16s seem to have no difference. the seaglow also seems to dry up faster on the piss shoes. anybody know the reason why?

Can someone confirm....so sea glow will work on midsoles of Is?

ive seen many questions bout this but no answers....is there a cure to the yellowing of the netting on the IVs?
Wanted in sz 9: True Blue III, Flint XIII, French Blue XII

ilovejays23
Take it from me. Besides the fact that BKF didn't work for me, those dark marks are results of the dye from the patent leather bleeding into the mesh. I would suggest using a HAIR dryer to dry up the mesh before the dye gets a chance to bleed into the mesh.

Regardless it's a battle to keep your mesh white after the patent leather starts to bleed into the mesh.

Good luck.

P.S. You can try putting them into the dryer to dry them completely but make sure you wrap your shoe up in some sort of cocoon. If the shoe gets into direct contact with the dryer surface your shoes will melt. I have proof.
[/b]
Click HERE
Graphite XIV DS 10.5 $110 Shipped​

i think the reason you guys have the stain on the mesh is b/c i think y ou guys rinsed(spell) it with running water b/c i rinsed it with running water and dryed it, next day i saw the stain marks juts like u guy, what i did was i cleaned it with Tide then patt it down with a wet towel then after that i use the BKF then patt it down with a wet towel couple time and then dryed it with a non-wet towel.
and i tink the ppl with the sea glow thats not gettin results i tink you should leave out in the sun for 30 min. to an hour then wash out the SG and do it over again b/c the the SG is all dryed out due to the sun shinning on it (thats what i did) if u leave it out too long it'll get dryed up and you'll lose the grippyNESS of the sole, i know this b/c it happend to my one of my concords.
remeber dont blame me if somthing wrong happends its just and advice

JumpmansATL7 - Sorry for the late reply, I just basically...
1. Cleaned soles with soap and water and dryed them.
Materials: Seaglow, Toothbrush, water, and a towel
2. Applied SG to soles using toothbrush, not too much or it will run on to the shoe.
3. Dipped a corner of the towel in water and ran it along where the sole meets the midsole. Extra runs of water in thin sole areas to prevent the sole from detaching.
4. Let in sun and checked on every 15 mins. along with another run with wet towel where the sole meets the midsole.
5. Once SG dries out apply another coat. and continue doing the same thing.
6. After about 2-3 hours worth of SGing, wash the SG off with another toothbrush, soap and water. Dry the soles and your set.

Just finished Seaglowing these XI's for a friend. SGed for about 1.5 hours.

Before
21nik4o.jpg

After
21nikwp.jpg

can someone guide me thru SG...i need help becuz i been doin it for a week and there is only a lil change each day...i want to speed up the process

Has anyone SG'ed the netting on V's, particularly the fire reds? i'd think applying it without getting it on the mesh behind the netting would be hard. i might use a sponge to lightly apply it.

^^ waht does it have to do with anything with the mesh behind the netting? I mean i used a toothbrush on it and it seeped into the mesh and then it seeped further more into the material and onto the midsole.... seperating it a little. What i do is use a qutip to apply small amounts of seaglow on the netting on my fire reds but after 2 days i still dont see any differences. Can someone else shed some light on this situation too? Thanks. I mean like i see no difference at all.

idk if seaglow works to well on the netting. try putting seaglow on the netting of the Vs and let em sit in the sun for an hour or so, then try to soak the seaglow into the netting a little deeper, maybe with a sander or 3m scuff brush it comes with. and put more seaglow on after that and let it sit. you will probably see slightly better results each time you do this.
EMAIL: Kahughes22@hotmail.com
AIM: Khughes22bud

Back
Top Bottom