THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

Pilot Talk 1 was great, I felt the dame dash push made a lot of hype behind this album. The music didn't disappoint though

The Day

Roasted

Prioritize

King Kong

Address

Breakfast

shid whole album was dope lol

pimp.gif

I dunno snoop could of stayed off seat change lmao

and ski beatz is a monster he needs to link up with him again... dude is a legend

Last edited:
Listened to PT1 over the weekend on Spotify, forgot how good that album was. Maybe it's just me but it's crazy to compare the flows from back then to now; dude was just more polished 2010-2011 IMO.

He skated on Roasted :smokin

I love all 3. I went to several performances that spanned the PT1&2 era, created some great memories and lasting friendships but man PT3 is :smokin .

Listened to PT1 over the weekend on Spotify, forgot how good that album was. Maybe it's just me but it's crazy to compare the flows from back then to now; dude was just more polished 2010-2011 IMO.

He skated on Roasted :smokin
Spitta is still my favorite rapper but anyone that's followed him for the past 10 or so years knows his flow/lyrics aren't as sharp as they once were. He wasn't Lupe level with the wordplay or storytelling but dude used to GO IN if you listened.

Smokee Robinson is my favorite project and his best IMO. Roasted is my favorite track/verse and the track that made me a fan.

I appreciate and respect the quantity we get, and fully understand the pivot to more trap style boss raps. But I miss the everyday stoner lifestyle raps. Airbourne Aquarium, Five Bucks, No Wheaties, Showroom... I could go on for days

Spitta is still my favorite rapper but anyone that's followed him for the past 10 or so years knows his flow/lyrics aren't as sharp as they once were. He wasn't Lupe level with the wordplay or storytelling but dude used to GO IN if you listened.

Smokee Robinson is my favorite project and his best IMO. Roasted is my favorite track/verse and the track that made me a fan.

I appreciate and respect the quantity we get, and fully understand the pivot to more trap style boss raps. But I miss the everyday stoner lifestyle raps. Airbourne Aquarium, Five Bucks, No Wheaties, Showroom... I could go on for days

I definitely agree. It's night and day to compare the flows from then and now. I appreciate the quantity of new music he drops, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoy more than a handful of songs off each project. It's as if he just rushes to put material out there for the sake of it.

Dude will always be my favorite rapper, but if I'm being frank, I stopped vibing heavy with everything he's put out since New Jet City and that was four years ago already.

PT3 was cool, as were a few other projects (Canal Street Confidentials, etc.) but meh, idk.

The Motion Picture Soundtrack was gonna be the one, fam spaced everything out for it too and Miami Vice sounded rly good. Aint even excited for Smokee 2 (based off that song he dropped)

Drive-In Theatre was my New Jet City, bumped for a whole month-and-a-half then just became mildly satisfied with his next releases

Maybe it's his deal with warner, tryna help his homies, or he just cant get outta tha booth, but idk why fam doesn't just focus on two or three NewJetCity/Drive-In Theatre type of projects a year and release maybe 1 or 2 producer based EPs

I feel you sounds like he ain't putting any effort into his new stuff..he just throwing ish out there. Which is good at the same time if it's not quality why release it?

Ahhh meek album made me forget all bout this smh

Putting meek on stand by to bump this. Just got home to perfect timing man

I wish he stay off the trap ****, and I wish he bring Roddy and the Super Villain back. The new dudes is straight but Fiend is the only one I can consistently listen too. Meanwhile Dza has been on a tear

Back
Top Bottom