The official DC Animated movies thread

Watched Apokolips War yesterday and:

1590255194297.png

To call it intense would be an understatement. :lol:

Very good movie though and nice way to bring things full circle with Flashpoint.

I know this was the "final" movie but DC can easily come byke based on the ending.

Why are DC animation so good and their movies so bad???

Makes no sense to me....
You would almost think its two completely different companies.

Simply put a lot of the creative minds that come to do a DC movie do not fully get it. They have their own take based on their own biases and warped opinions.

Like Apokolips War was dark yet Superman was still Superman. Batman was still Batman despite working for Darkseid the majority of the movie.

Bored while NT was down and downloaded the CW app. In the CW seed section they got some DC animated shows and movies; The Ray, Deathstroke, and Batman.

Came across this

Might be my memory but I don't think I've seen it and I thought I saw all of Bruce Timm era Batman animation.

Also this is a pretty good alternative for the Batwoman show since they're moving on from Kate Kane.

Why are DC animation so good and their movies so bad???

Makes no sense to me....

Watched the new joint that just dropped and my two girls walked out when dudes were getting cut in half....

They walked back in to finish it but it was definitely a bit graphic...
i ask the same thing my friend. i ask myself cant the same people who do the animated movies do the live action ones?

I was not expecting a MM cameo (Lance voicing him) but okay :lol: I swear even though it's pretty obvious I feel like only since Smallville they've been fitting MM's story and lore as a subplot to Superman stories cuz theres not much else.

Might've saw wrong but I think Lobo had a GL ring.

Thought was kryptonite for at first. I'm a fan of Clark's voice, hope the animation style continues moving forward. Wouldnt mind seeing a worlds finest like this

I'm on my DC **** right now. Copped Apokolips War and Batman: The Animated Series. BTAS is fire, goes without saying. Apokolips War was insane. Such a screwed up movie, it was great.

Thought that was a kryptonite ring too but it is a GL ring.

Eh after Apokolips War I thought they would come with something else amazing. This is probably gonna be a bore for me

I think I posted in the HBO Max thread instead of here but I saw Beware the Batman for the first time and it was pretty great. Probably the best animated series of a take on Batman year one. Not the comic adaption but in that vein.

Loved the take on Professor Pug and Mr. Toad, Alfred, Katana, and Anarky especially. Didn't care for the loose Harvey Dent adaption or how so many allies and out of town villains somehow connected back to Bruce, Alfred or Gotham (Metamorpho, Deathstroke, Manhunter, etc.)

Loved the take on Anarky in the way he was basically spiraling in to being a mirror of the Joker but was capable to see Batman and whoever else with the fans.

Anyway, came across these MoT vids

:pimp:

Some stuff on HBO Max I haven't seen before

JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time, Batman vs. Dracula, Green Lantern Emerald Knights, Superman Unbound.

Nothing all that special but range from okay to good.

Then the really good stuff they added like Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, JL New Frontier, JL Gods and Monsters, Flashpoint Paradox, JL Dark, JL Doom, JL Crisis on 2 Earths, Batman Year One, Assault on Arkham, and Subzero

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom