The official DC Animated movies thread

They need to get these Dark Nights Metal/Dark Multiverse movies going. Future State comics dropping next month.

HBO Max Adds BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, BATMAN BEYOND And Caped Crusader Shows And Movies

HBO Max is kicking off the New Year on the right note -- with the addition of numerous DC animated series. Arriving today, January 1, on the streaming service is Batman Beyond, Batman: Beyond: The Return of Joker, Batman: Bad Blood (2016), Batman: Hush, and -- perhaps the greatest adaptation of the Caped Crusader of all time -- Batman: The Animated Series.

Batman: The Animated Series ran from 1992 to 1995 and consists of 85 episodes. The series is widely regarded as one of the best comic book television shows of all-time and has been praised for its thematic complexity and darker tones, as well as the modernization of Batman's crime-fighting origins. The series features numerous adaptations of various Batman comic stories and is considered to be more adult-oriented than other superhero cartoons.

Joining Batman: The Animated Series is another popular cartoon about the Caped Crusader, Batman Beyond. Batman Beyond is actually set in a futuristic version of Gotham City and focuses on the teenaged Terry McGinnis (voice of Will Friedle) as Batman, guided by an elderly Bruce Wayne (voice of Kevin Conroy). The series ran from 1999 to 2001, consisting of 52 episodes, and also received critical acclaim. It was also praised for its dark, mature storytelling as it dealt with topics like emotions, personal relationships, and fear of the unknown.

Numerous animated Batman movies have also hit the streaming service today including 2016's Batman: Bad Blood, 2019's Batman: Hush, and 2020's Batman: Death in the Family.

Bad Blood is a sequel to the 2015 film Batman vs. Robin. With Bruce Wayne missing, Nightwing and Robin are tasked with keeping Gotham City safe, while Batwoman investigates the disappearance of Batman. Batman: Hush is a loose adaptation of the comic book story arc of the same name and follows Batman, Catwoman and others as they face the mysterious new villain, Hush, who uses Gotham's Rogues Gallery to destroy Bruce Wayne's crime-fighting career as Batman as well as his personal life.

Batman: Death in the Family, which is a follow-up to Batman: Under the Red Hood, is also based on the comic book story of the same name. It's an interactive experience in which viewers are presented with choices and given 10 seconds to make a decision. There are apparently seven alternate endings that are determined based on the viewer's choices throughout.

justice-society-world-war-ii-header.jpg

Just finished the deathstroke movie. Pacing was all over the place. Genuinely felt like it was two hours but apparently it was only 87 minutes. Still, I enjoyed it.

Will run through death in the family at least once tomorrow.

Just finished the deathstroke movie. Pacing was all over the place. Genuinely felt like it was two hours but apparently it was only 87 minutes. Still, I enjoyed it.

Will run through death in the family at least once tomorrow.
If you’re watching it on HBO Max, don’t bother. It’s not the interactive edition and is pretty much a 20min recap of ‘Under the Red Hood.’

The last two Big DC animated films I've watched have had an art style that I don't like. They look like crap to me.

Superman The man of Tomorrow (2020)
Justice Society World War 2 (2021)

And I feel like some of the most recent ones have been weak films overall. I did love Superman Red Son though.

Justice Society WW2 is out? I'll give it a watch I guess.

I haven't dug the art style for most of the DC animated movies but its serviceable.

Long Halloween is next? :nerd:

Last edited:
Justice Society WW2 is out? I'll give it a way I guess.

I haven't dug the art style for most of the DC animated movies but its serviceable.

Long Halloween is next? :nerd:
Idk if it's out but HMU if you can't find it.

Yea, there's a trailer for Long Halloween on Youtube, it looks like the same crappy art style.

Back
Top Bottom