The Official FIFA Soccer 12 Thread: Available now!

Guess they wanted another MLS player in Rafa
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

^ Disagree, Messi is definitely the most marketable. This is coming from a United supporter.

I am a United Supporter as well and Rooney is still the IT Guy. Outside of Barca, what has Messi done? @ Coaches later and Argentina has really done nothing. He plays fantastically for FCB, but then he disappears for country. Plus Messi has a contract with Evo so he wouldn't be on here anyway. Regardless, the EPL is the more globally enjoyed league, so Rooney makes the most sense.

Messi has the PES cover and I guess Cristiano still can't appear on the cover of another game.

Fifa 12 now has release date delivery for a dollar or free depending.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I am a United Supporter as well and Rooney is still the IT Guy. Outside of Barca, what has Messi done? @ Coaches later and Argentina has really done nothing. He plays fantastically for FCB, but then he disappears for country. Plus Messi has a contract with Evo so he wouldn't be on here anyway. Regardless, the EPL is the more globally enjoyed league, so Rooney makes the most sense.

Well outside of United...what has Rooney done?  For years he's been Englands great white hope and nothing major has come of it..
But you do have 2 points...

Messi's still under contract, so that's that. 

Rooney is the most marketable player though because he's pretty much portrayed as the star of the EPL....

Also England wants to the world to believe that they're the creators of futbol, so for that, they are going to push their English star as much as humanly possible.

Rumor has it that Chicharito will appear on the cover of PES with Messi.
30t6p3b.gif

Someone confirm this.
nerd.gif

Nah @#$% it, I don't even care anymore, smh.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Well outside of United...what has Rooney done?  For years he's been Englands great white hope and nothing major has come of it..
Every one of these elite players that always come up in the discussion for best players in the world has been disappointing for their respective countries/in general these past several years, so singling out Messi is unfair. Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaka, Torres, etc haven't done @#$% in recent years. Good/Average players or midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, and Ozil do much more for their countries than the superstars these days (Xavi is the #1 player on the planet though
pimp.gif
)
laugh.gif

Rooney is the most marketable player in the world at this point. That is pretty much the end of discussion. I would like for them to put different players (especially US players for the NA version) but as a face for a game franchise, Rooney makes sense and Landy will keep being there cuz he is the face of US football. People who care are lucky Mexico even gets a damn player in the first place.
I really do believe Ronaldo and Messi are both a lot more marketable than Rooney.

Eiddy: I agree with you totally. But I will give you this the English truly did make football, Brazil just made it so much more beautiful lol.

Nawlins: A valid point that I also agree with. Nowadays I think the luster of playing for country has warn off for alot of places. The US seems to be trying to salvage that luster because all or most of the players truly believe it is bigger than self and club. Mexico I would venture to say is another one. As sad as it is, I feel my Selecao have gotten wrapped up in club pride and money more than being the greatest football nation. It might come back with it being in the home nation in 2014, or I can at least hope it does. If they lose in Brazil, Rio is burning lol.

Simplest: Ronaldo is Ronaldo at this point, you mention the name and there with be some knee jerk reaction by anyone who knows football. Messi is a great player, but he is also surrounded by alot of good players that make him look 10 times better, like I said earlier, you put him with his national squad, which isn't horrid, and he doesn't seem to do anything. My guess is Maradona got to him lol. The reason Rooney proves more marketable is The EPL is Globally the biggest league. In La Liga, historically it has been Madrid or Barca. In Serie A it's the Milans,Roma/Juve have been the powerhouses. In the EPL it has become a dog fight for the past 3-5 years now, and for the most part always entertaining/emotional. Rooney is the face of that league, hence why he is seen as the most marketable footballer. I don't make the rules or I would be going the way of 2k and putting Pele on the cover along with past greats.

Rooney is the most marketable player in the world at this point. That is pretty much the end of discussion. I would like for them to put different players (especially US players for the NA version) but as a face for a game franchise, Rooney makes sense and Landy will keep being there cuz he is the face of US football. People who care are lucky Mexico even gets a damn player in the first place.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
riiiiight.

Eiddy: I agree with you totally. But I will give you this the English truly did make football, Brazil just made it so much more beautiful lol.

Stop it. 
Futbol has been played all over the world for the longest time.  It's the most simple game in the world, for one country to claim they created it, is just ridiculous in my opinion. 

What the English did for futbol was they were the first to FORMALIZE futbol, creating leagues etc. 

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Every one of these elite players that always come up in the discussion for best players in the world has been disappointing for their respective countries/in general these past several years, so singling out Messi is unfair. Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaka, Torres, etc haven't done @#$% in recent years. Good/Average players or midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, and Ozil do much more for their countries than the superstars these days (Xavi is the #1 player on the planet though 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Agreed, with that logic, the only person I can say who has performed for club & country is David Villa, Xabi, Iniesta, Ozil. 

^^^ Honestly, nobody buys FIFA cuz of who is on it. You buy it because it is the best football game that is out, plain and simple. If PES, Pure Football, and the like ever put up a challenge, then maybe I could understand trying to get a franchise face. Hell, the spanish popualtion would probably buy PES cuz there man is on the cover if that were the case but it's not. EA simply makes the best football game around, and until proven otherwise will continue to do so. They have monopolized similar to what they have done with madden, I just hope it doesn;t go the way of madden and start rehashing garbage and pumping it out with the stamp of the year on it. The upside to this is the dev team seems to thoroughly enjoy the sport first and wants to make the best game possible.

EDIT: Fine, the English helped make MODERN Football. The Brazillians are still better at it.

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

tumblr_lprwimN9Ui1qmt3xko1_400.jpg

Got bored. 
grin.gif

Where'd you find that Gio picture, he never plays for Spurs, too busy at the clubs and bars
indifferent.gif

Guy is a cad, will be glad to see him leave Spurs.

its 2011 man, its time for people to let that argument go
you could say the same for messi, ronaldo, or almost any of the rest of the world's clear-cut top players. 

club football at a top-tier club like man u is more competitive than world football

and it's a team sport, you can't pin the failings of a team on one player

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

its 2011 man, its time for people to let that argument go
you could say the same for messi, ronaldo, or almost any of the rest of the world's clear-cut top players. 

club football at a top-tier club like man u is more competitive than world football

and it's a team sport, you can't pin the failings of a team on one player

QFT.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

tumblr_lprwimN9Ui1qmt3xko1_400.jpg

Got bored. 
grin.gif

Where'd you find that Gio picture, he never plays for Spurs, too busy at the clubs and bars
indifferent.gif

Guy is a cad, will be glad to see him leave Spurs.

I believe it was footballrenders.com

Wait, wait wait, are you guys really arguing about people who should be on the cover of the new FIFA because they are more deserving???

Ignore the man in the middle and look to the left...

fifa11_boxart.jpg

I'm an Arsenal fan so I should be biased but seeing Carlos $+%$%#* Vela on the US release of FIFA 11 should show you that its ALL marketing. Dude has NO right to be on the cover of anything except something like "Chip-shot pro."

Hey I love 2k11, and if anyone is familiar w/ 2k11 help me out.

I was wondering, is there a crew mode in Fifa 12(game mode, where you team up w/ friends using your created player or player on selected teams)

FTR for those who still don't understand...

Originally Posted by xblaze23

FIFA pro club (your created players) or even team up (using real players) > 2K team up

Does FIFA's version of crew(Pro Clubs) have leader-boards saying who's the top clubs, also do they have playoffs for the top Pro Clubs?

:haaaaaaat, any info on the music on the game and what we can do in the demo?

also, playstation announced on twitter that fifa 13 will have playstation move, probably a huge fail

i play ultimate team from time to time.. does anybody know if your team transfers over from fifa11 to fifa12?
im guessing not, but i dont know for sure. it took me a while to get my epl team right
laugh.gif
thats why im asking.

This will be my first FIFA title for the PS3. Played FIFA back in 2004 on the PS2.
laugh.gif
I only play it casually.

I got a question: What does Ultimate Team do, actually? They have it for free when you pre-order the game over here. Is it worth pre-ordering if you're a casual gamer?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom