THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

good info. man, now i really hope greg stays.

when can we expect to hear more from christmas and hopkins?

I wouldnt expect much now until their seasons are done. As far as that situation goes, woulda been nice to have Riley or Braswell in the fold as was planned, but it is what it is.

My hope is they really go after Johnson now, he'd be a good start to the 2011 class

IDK if Quinn is outa the picture, I'm sure they'll due their due diligence but he's just probably not gona be a Hoya.

Johnson might be better though, he's bigger..more physical and athletic. Been assumed we've lead for him for quite a while. His AAU coach has stated so among others.

was @ midnight madness past 2 years, been to games going back to his freshmen year...even went to the Rutgers road game this year (not what you'd like him to see, though)..Rutgers is recruiting him but they really dont have a prayer, so maybe that says something, as it was right after he got his offer.

peep the new jordan 25th anniversary silver gray uni's and kicks for saturday vs ND...UNC and Cal got their own too.

yaqspb8

Air-Jordan-2010-Silver-Anniversary-College-Edition-Uniform-01.jpg

they are just hideous to me
sick.gif

Updated Feb 25, 2010 12:25 PM ET
[h3]LOUISVILLE[/h3]President Obama and Mike Krzyzewski might have been dazzled by everything that Georgetown did while dispatching Duke last month, but Hoyas coach John Thompson III had a different take.

Thompson understood why the world thought Georgetown was capable of beating anybody after that thunderous 12-point victory.

022410-CBK-Georgetown-SW-IN-1_20100224194601_0_0.JPG

John Thompson III shouldn't have to fret about Georgetown missing the Big Dance this season.
Garry Jones

But he also added a post-Duke disclaimer: His team was also capable of losing every remaining game.

And for three uneven weeks, the Hoyas seemed determined to prove their coach absolutely correct, losing three of their next five, including one to South Florida (gasp) and another to Rutgers (howl).

Subsequently, the Hoyas limped into Freedom Hall Tuesday night ranked 11th in the nation and sixth in the Big East. They are projected as a No. 3 seed in the NCAA tournament and a No. 6 seed in the Big East tournament.

With good reason, America wondered: Even with an 18-7 record, how good is Georgetown?

Today, America has a better idea: Good enough that people can stop making comparisons to last season, when the Hoyas started 12-3 and finished 4-12 and then missed the NCAA tournament.

There’s no more paranoia dogging the Hoyas, not after they ran Louisville out of Freedom Hall by outrebounding, outdefending, outshooting and outscrapping Rick Pitino’s team.

The final score was 70-60. It wasn’t that close, at least not in the second half.

Georgetown went from down 11 to up 15 so powerfully that Louisville couldn’t stop the Hoyas’ momentum by having Denny Crum and Darrell Griffith address the hometown crowd.

Austin Freeman played like what he is, which is the best guard not named Scottie Reynolds in the Big East.

Greg Monroe played like what he is, which is the best all-around big man of any name in the Big East.

And the rest of the Hoyas’ narrow supporting cast showed why Georgetown is a team that makes 50 percent of its shots (fourth in the nation) while limiting opponents to less than 41 percent.

“We needed this win,

Mo Walker has cut his list to; Pitt, G'Town, Seton Hall and Rutgers.

Pitt has no scholarship available for him. So unless someone transfers out...Pitt fans seem to think there's no reason to believe he'll end up there.

And his mom's favorite is G'Town..but...it's up to III..and he needs to decide which one of these guys he wants. Don't be shut out because you were too picky.

He's 6'10 and probably around 300lbs right now. Needs to get in shape, But the skills are there.

Whatever the decision is with this open big man spot, find the kid who wants to be here. Seems like Benimon and Sanford with turn out to be 4 year, solid role players. Which is nice to finally see. Get another one.

Feel free to play defense or rebound at any point today, guys.

Should be down about 20 with that piss poor effort.

Austin, not the time to be sick.

^ hahahaha.

First game this season that I left before the final buzzer. Disgusted in the way we played.

No effort on either end from the team. Hell, no effort from the fans either. The place was dead.

What was wrong with Freeman? Bad flu? I've stayed away from espn, blogs and watching the replay so not quite sure what happened. Surprised JT3 stuck with him so long.

My biggest beef, aside from the obvious problems the team had, is Wright. The kid has so much potential but lets his emotions get to him. One bad play and he's shaking his head and down on himself. Just gotta keep moving forward.

We need to see more of Vee, simple as that. For the 5 minutes he was on the court he was making plays.

Benimon needs to figure out some kind of offensive game. I thought after the louisville game he would be more aggressive but he wasn't. His defender just sags off of him and makes it even harder for this offense to work.

I can't wait for BE play to be done with.

stomach virus, had an IV pre-game...just was dead out there. And he's supposedly a game time decision tonight..

if he's as lethargic as he was..(and to no fault of his own, he gets a pass)

A) Don't play him

B) Play Vee Sanford..idk what else that kid can do to earn more time.

C. Just return home now if nobody has the heart to pick up the effort when you're team leader is down.

My biggest beef, aside from the obvious problems the team had, isWright. The kid has so much potential but lets his emotions get to him.One bad play and he's shaking his head and down on himself. Just gottakeep moving forward.
Simple to me at this point, if it occurs..refer back to Option B. here as well.

Hopefully on a positive note, Rivals is reporting that Jordan Goodman will verbal to the Hoyas soon. 6'8 wing, athletic and shoot it. Would be a nice addition. People aren't sure academically if he's going to be 2011 or 2012.

For tonight, again all I want is 40 minutes of effort. The funny thing is, again...if they do that, they win. Why dont they realize it?

^ Not sure why JT3 is so scared to bench Wright. Hell, either way you're losing. Might as well play someone that wants to be on the court.

Its as if Wright has power over JT3 or something...thats a somewhat sarcastic statement.

What I will say is rather amusing is the team turning on Casualhoya. hahahaha. Love it.

He is officially out now. Was driven back To DC. Hopefully this virus goes away quickly. God knows we need him.

And no, I dont think we do.

* goodman is expected to verbal when the team returns. Was at the ND game. If that didnt shy him away, I'm a fan of his.

jeezus freeman out tonight?

that was a disgusting game against the irish. no surprise we couldn't mount a good effort after knocking off louisville, not really surprising at all. story of our season.

wright needs to man up tonight and take the reins tonight. gotta do it.

and yeah...more PT for vee would be nice. guy hustles his @@% off.

Lunardi has us a 4 seed. Hope we can finish as a 3/4. We're going to get no respect wherever we land, which is perfectly fine by me.

They can stilll play their way into a 3 seed. But if they dont win tonight, it's gone barring a miracle BET run.

It's to the point, I'm not sure a seed even matters with this group. They show up, they'll beat anyone. They don't, they'll lose to anyone.

They've just given away so many opportunities. If you just beat Rutgers and USF you're sitting comfortably as a 3, with a chance to push towards a 2.

no excuses tonight. that's allllll im gonna say about that.

allen, what are the details on this dude jordan? i don't really who he is.

6'8 wing. Skinny...Can shoot it, athletic, has length.

Seems like he's Not too far off from what Hollis Thompson was in HS. Maybe not quite as good.

Most recruiting services have him right around #50 for 2011. But it still seems to be unsure if he's 2011 or 2012.

Same HS team as Moses Abraham.

I'm all for getting more size on the wings.

On Monday, power forward Jordan Goodman of Temple Hills (Md.)Progressive Christian, committed to the Hoyas. “Coach David Cox is abig influence on my decision,

Finally some good news. Any rumblings as to what we might add for the upcoming year?

seems like a pretty darn good pickup, especially in preparation for greg's eventual departure.

how does he work into the 2011 plans with christmas and hopkins on our list? doubt we'll sign both of them. could it be goodman and christmas/hopkins? who seems more likely at this point?

I dont think it effects either, I think Scout is a little off in calling him a PF..

He'd be in the DaJuan mold of a true 3 that could play the 4 if puts on weight...but, I dont think we want to see again.

I would say everything remains the same, just that now they got the wing spot taken care of.

I think the 2011 class is shaping up to take 4 guys; a PG (Johnson), wing (Goodman) and then 2 bigs, hopefully Hopkins and Christmas.

As far as the upcoming year, Abraham visited Tennessee this weekend and saw them beat Kentucky and now his coach was quoted as saying "they'll be tough to beat"

so, we'll see..

nothing else other than Juvonte Reddic saying we're "in the mix"

Still pretty sure, They'll get one of these big guys big guys in the spring, just a matter of how and when it all shakes out.

good information. yeah, i was a little confused. some sites calling him a big though he's a wing. def. better to keep him at the 3 spot. the dajuan experiment was an utter failure. i'd take those 4 guys any day. would be major. feeling good about getting an area guy like goodman. definitely encouraging to see, considering all the detractors who hate on jt3's post-Monroe recruiting, following losing out on riley and roscoe. well done, teddy graham.

16jt3-782368.jpg

choc_teddy_grahams.jpg

Back
Top Bottom