THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

sick camo kit. looking forward to seeing it in action.

so juiced for this season opener, win or lose. been waiting to play florida again ever since the 06 sweet sixteen. was so pissed,threw a heavy *** potted plant into the street from my doorstep after we lost. downy, you probably remember this. haha. for anyone who wants a stroll down memory lane, peep this link. the days of brandon bowman, ashanti cook, daryl owens, and the sophomore trio of jeff green, roy hibbert, and jonathan wallace. got the whole game on there.

http://vault.ncaa.com/?game=306SR108_s01&timecode=00:00:07:00

was REALLY hoping we'd get revenge on them in 07 final four, but unfortunately, jeff green forgot to show up that night and mike conley lit us up, so i want this win. excited to see guys like otto again, and also what the recruiting class has to offer. let's start things right.

GET BIG, DO WORK.

Last edited:
Been a real defensive effort so far. Good to see let the refs let them play. I hope they get to finish because it looks like those humidity problems that postponed OSU v. Marquette are coming up

Not much you can really take away from a game like that.

Our offense against the zone continues to have issues :x . Starks and/or DSR need to help break it down at times.

Hopkins is a mixed bag of strong moves and soft finishing.

Whittington was great on the boards and filled in nicely for Porter.

Any word on Porter? Was it just precautionary?

Whats with the old jerseys?

Allen- What can we honestly expect out of DSR this year?

For the guys who've been to games at the Verizon Center, does the upper deck seating give you a good view of the court? I'm trying to plan a trip to DC for this game after failing to get tickets for the game in Syracuse when they went on sale. $100 is more reasonable than the prices being asked for tickets in the upper deck of the Dome.

You guys are gonna LOVE Smith-Riviera. Dude's from Indy and I played against him two years in the state tourney and dude would SINGLE HANDEDLY beat us with his size, strength, bball IQ as a FRESHMAN and our team had about 4 D1 recruits at the time. Dude's definitely NBA bound. Nonetheless, I'm going to be a GTown fan his tenure there 
pimp.gif

I don't think he's as good as Austin. Not as big, athletic or as good of a shooter but I would start him at PG tomorrow night and not look back. Markel has not shown anything in his career to warrant his job being safe.

For the guys who've been to games at the Verizon Center, does the upper deck seating give you a good view of the court? I'm trying to plan a trip to DC for this game after failing to get tickets for the game in Syracuse when they went on sale. $100 is more reasonable than the prices being asked for tickets in the upper deck of the Dome.

it's good enough. sat there plenty of times. especially if you're in the first few rows and anywhere between the baselines.

Dude's definitely NBA bound.

is this a homer statement or legitimate?

it's good enough. sat there plenty of times. especially if you're in the first few rows and anywhere between the baselines.
Dude's definitely NBA bound.
is this a homer statement or legitimate?
Legitimate. His bball IQ combined with his strength & size and shoot capabilities= League bound. You saw what he did first game...

Very nice.

Allen- that Starks gsme was for you.

That Hopkins game was for me. :smh: guy show signs but he is killing us.

Nate, Greg and Otto :smokin

statement win last night. was at the game. was not a packed house, but good hoya presence at the barclays center. what can you say about porter? misses a game and doesn't miss a beat. if anything, he stepped his game up. stat sheet was killer across the board. contributes in every way. markel starks, this kind of performance was long overdue. did not make many mistakes, played with confidence. lubick has been great. contributes on both sides of the floor, limits the mistakes he made last season. whittington with another solid performance. let's keep this up. hopkins was frustrating to watch at times, had trouble against Smith in the post, he's a softy, and had the most turnovers.

excited about tonight. wasn't expecting to go, but got a couple free tickets. indiana will have the dominant fan presence in the place. i want us to win so bad, let see what we're made of. need to see what we saw last night, but better. hope we can contain zeller, who i'm sure will step it up tonight after a lacklust performance against georgia last night. let's get this win.

Back
Top Bottom