THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

Amadou has been coming to the games recently. Nice guy. And I'm sure Amadou would have no problem settling any debts right now.

Will never forget the night deadset was giving him advice on how to play

"Amadou, when you get the ball just shoot it. Doesn't matter where you are or what JT3 says, just shoot it"

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Will never forget the night deadset was giving him advice on how to play

"Amadou, when you get the ball just shoot it. Doesn't matter where you are or what JT3 says, just shoot it"
well i was hammered. but i told him something along the lines of, you dont play much, so make the most of your minutes and just try and score. some ******ed advice like that
laugh.gif

tell us again about the interesting interaction you had with one brandon bowman during your freshman accounting final.

Yeah cutler had almost the same thing with getting sick and not knowing why. Shouldn't be a problem though it's relatively easy to control. Adam Morrison has it and so does chris Dudley. They're not sure if he's gonna play against cincy but as a diabetic, hoya, and med student I can say there's really no reason that he couldn't.

i think he's gonna be ok. no more golden arches for this mcd's all-american. here's to better health, son.

really feel bad for him. but glad they found it out now.

Aaron Bowen, 2010 wing is supposed to visit this weekend. Top 150 caliber. 6'5.

I like that III is being pro-active now in recruiting and is getting bodies. Having only 9 scholarship guys is just asking for trouble.

Saturday, other than a win..

A Louisville loss to Cuse and an ND loss to quette is needed for the 6th seed.

At least an ND loss and G'Town win gives us the 7th..if ND wins we're screwed into 8th

If we lose, we could end up playin Tuesday still

Crazy that 3 days before he got ill, and unknowingly had the condition.. he had that performance in Louisville.

Needs to take all the time he needs to be ready to go. Basketball is secondary.

hopefully he'll be at the garden for the big east tourney. it'd be awesome if he could play on saturday, but i'm not pushing for that. would rather have him take it easy. def. will be a spark when he hits the court again.

III said today he's 'virtually certain' Austin will play again this year. So I take that as a definite for the BET...who knows about saturday.

Let him sit on Saturday, no need to rush him back.

Theoretically this team should be fine without him, we have enough talent. However, without him theres alot of heart missing.

Freeman participated in a full practice on Wednesday and anticipatedthat he would do the same Thursday afternoon. He said he felt finephysically, and his teammates did not notice any change in his play.

“[He’s the] same Austin,

great comeback win for the hoyas and for freeman. good to see him back in the mix and doing big work. getting the bye will be nice.

allen, what are your thoughts on that post on the college bball thread about rakeem and his visit to OU? i know we're up against some big state schools, do you think he's gonna be another one of those guys who had us early on his list and phases us out or do you think down the road, he'll keep us high on his list?

Will be one of his final schools. He's visited G'Town more than anywhere else. His recruitment wont really pick up until the summer. Florida and Texas concern me more than Oklahoma.

Moses was supposedly at the game on Saturday.

Good win, austin is so good. Nice to see Greg snatch every rebound.

I really like vee and hollis coming on latley, contributed even if not scoring. I think we might see more Vee lately and go small with Hollis at the 4 off the bench. Those 2 just bring more to the court right now than Benimon.

Gota win on Wednesday and they you got nothin to lose Thursday.

Funny how I get more nervous when Clark handles the ball than when Vee does.

Rebounding this weekend was great, we actually made an effort and the crowd went crazy when we got our first off. rebound.

Still not a fan of Hollis. Take it to the bucket! Develop the game that we know you're capable of.

Not even excited for BE tourney. I think from a mental standpoint it can hurt us more than help us.

Noon game on Wednesday possibly against USF...i don't like the odds.

Just hoping we're in a bracket with Kentucky or Duke as the #1 seed. Keep us as far from Kansas and 'Cuse as possible.

i share similar sentiments, downy. i don't know how much there is to gain besides maybe beating cuse along the way. i'm glad we made the ncaa tournament, hoping we can go the distance.

if rakeem wants to be a good big man and get drafted high in the nba, his best bet is with blue and gray.

http://insider.espn.go.co...log/index?name=nba_draft

Greg Monroe, C, Sophomore, Georgetown

Monroe has seen his draft stock jump around wildly this season. He started the year ranked No. 5 on our Big Board, then plunged early as NBA talent evaluators savaged him for being passive and seemingly out of shape.

The second half of the season, Monroe has been on fire and is slowly winning back supporters. In his last 10 games, Monroe has averaged 18.5 ppg, 8 rpg and 4 apg. Most importantly, he's been consistent for the first time in his college career. Night in and night out, Monroe has been playing hard and making an impact on both ends of the floor.

While it's unlikely that Monroe will be able to track the top five again, he now looks like he's solidly in the lottery and could be in the top 10 on draft night if he declares. While Monroe lacks the elite athleticism and motor to be an NBA superstar, his offensive skills and unselfishness should give him a long career in the league.

Aaron Bowen says Hoyas are his leader after his visit this weekend and will likely decide this week.

I think Moses was scheduled to announce on the 14th. not sure if that has changed.

Back
Top Bottom