**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I know its hard from just a photo, but can anyone come up with a rough est. of the mm of this cuban raekwon has on?
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 9.49.42 am.png

Some info for anyone in the los angeles area. Came from nova gold and they’re set at $45 a gram for 14k, no haggling, but they charge sales tax even with cash. 2% card fee more if using card. I shot up to sarraf and they did $45 a gram as well but no sales tax with cash. Card use they will charge sales tax but not card fee fyi.

Last edited:
Just got my invoice from Rey’s it was for a 9mm instead of 8mm. Now I’m wondering do I correct it or just get the 9mm
Always go bigger with cubans, its a lot of gold so it hurts but the out come is always better. If you're spending thousands anyways whats a few more if you can "afford" it. Which is also a relative term. Lol.

All good, I got you now. Excelthenprevail Excelthenprevail couldn't fit his 9mm cuban through the bale not sure how wide his lock is though. I do want to upgrade my chain for that piece though thinking I wanna go 8-9mm but I want to try it on in person before I make the decision. Upgrading to 18kt isn't something I've considered before but that's def an option. I'd have to see how the colors flow with the piece since that's 14k.

yeah sorry, confusing. same piece. I'm referring to how long the actual head is not including the bail, it looks about 2" next to a ruler but when I pull a digital caliper out it's like 54mm which is pretty much 2.12". I thought it was just a lil bit larger from the pics tommy jewels posted of it (I did not buy anything from him just to be clear, I Just look at his instagram). I guess the bail on the piece is pretty large, my 9.5mm cuban which has a lock that is as big as 12.50mm fits thru it fine. looks too big for the piece tho IMO, your setup is :nthat: I think the cuban you have is perfect size for that piece, upgrading The Cuban to 18 carat gold may be worth considering if you're gunna keep rockin that piece for awhile. 18 carat gold is really nice material to wear when it's in a solid design, very dense/golden. you feel where the extra $$$$ went.

I'm thinking Raekowns chain in this picture is like an 8-9mm mayyybe 10mm at most.

I know its hard from just a photo, but can anyone come up with a rough est. of the mm of this cuban raekwon has on?
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 9.49.42 am.png

Just got my invoice from Rey’s it was for a 9mm instead of 8mm. Now I’m wondering do I correct it or just get the 9mm

lol wtf is that the new wave? Ask for 7mm and get upgraded to 8mm automatically (plus upcharged lol)

Leons did the same **** to me. Only they made the chain first.. They charged me $36/g for the remaining 10 grams though so I said F it

lol wtf is that the new wave? Ask for 7mm and get upgraded to 8mm automatically (plus upcharged lol)

Leons did the same **** to me. Only they made the chain first.. They charged me $36/g for the remaining 10 grams though so I said F it

I'm curious If you would have said you can't afford the extra 10 g(I know you can just talking hypothetical) Would you have to wait for a whole new chain to be made??

I'm curious If you would have said you can't afford the extra 10 g(I know you can just talking hypothetical) Would you have to wait for a whole new chain to be made??

Idk good question

I'd imagine if they didnt have a 7mm they could resize (which I dont think they do becuz they had to make mine orig) I would have had to wait. Honestly I wouldnt have mind waiting but I paid before I realized that they upped the mm lol

I still could have prob hit them but after doing the math on the price of the extra grams I figured I minus whale just roll with it. It's only 1mm and I was debating between 7mm and 8mm anyway

there's no complete science to it, due to it being hand made, with filing the chain it could be over or under the wanted size/weight. if I ordered a 12mm chain I'd rather them say it came out 13mm instead of 11mm.

there's no complete science to it, due to it being hand made, with filing the chain it could be over or under the wanted size/weight. if I ordered a 12mm chain I'd rather them say it came out 13mm instead of 11mm.

oh no doubt, thats honestly probably what happened. This is my first Cuban but that makes perfect sense. Like I said, I aint mad at all.

Anybody call Leons lately? I picked up my 14kt at $41/grizzy a couple weeks ago, not sure what they're currently at though
I got quoted 41.42 a gram for a 9mm 140g Cuban. Grizzy is Grimal right?
Leon's quoted me 40 per gram for a trade in of a 164 to 260 gram cuban. In store only.
How does that work that you got a lesser per gram price than me? Is it because you’re trading in and I’m getting a new chain?

I got quoted 41.42 a gram for a 9mm 140g Cuban. Grizzy is Grimal right?

How does that work that you got a lesser per gram price than me? Is it because you’re trading in and I’m getting a new chain?

Lol nah I meant grizzy = gram

Their quotes are based on the current price of gold, which is in constant fluctuation.

Back
Top Bottom