THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not getting my hopes up with this model.  Flyknit is really gonna have to do something for me.

I just don't see this offering me THAT much more satisfaction than the Kobe 8 has on court and with a price of $225 as well...

I will probably eat my words come release and they'll have the most amazing fit, support, flexibility, etc...  

Last edited:
The overall shape of the shoe (for the highs at least) looks bulky for some reason to me.
Yeah -- it doesn't look like it will hug the foot as closely around the lower ankle area.  Maybe we just haven't seen them laced tightly?

Yeah -- it doesn't look like it will hug the foot as closely around the lower ankle area.  Maybe we just haven't seen them laced tightly?
Can't lace up the toe box lol. But it might be a bigger sized shoe that makes it look like that

The more I see of it the more I can feel the wind falling out if the sail... I really hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to not expect much from these...:/

Last edited:
last pics are fire! Like you guys mentioned, traction looks sketchy though

If the rubber is soft the traction should be good. I'm holding out hope and will be putting these on court ASAP

Eric Avar also said the kobe 7 was game changing and proved to be essentially a flop performance-wise with the interchangeable insoles...

I have faith in dude, but there's no way he would say "yeah, traction is OK on dusty courts"

I managed to get a copy of the 2014 Q1 catalog for Nike Taiwan. Here are the colorways, pn's and dates for the Kobe 9:

The XDR version will have a different product number than the US release, although the colorways should be the same.

Can't wait for these joints to drop. 
smokin.gif

Ever since the 7's I wait for MY opinion before I listen to anything they say about the shoe. Not saying these will suck by any means, but yeah

If it means anything Eric Avar himself said during testing phase the traction was money
At first when I read this I thought, "right on that's a relief" but then just as quickly it hit me that of course he said this... What's he going to say in an interview...."well.... We really dropped the ball on the traction of the kobe 9s this year but the good news is they are great for ice skating across the kitchen floor." I mean it's his job to not only design it but to also talk it up. I did see that the hyperlink 2014 seems to mimic this traction slightly so maybe.... Just maybe it really does work well. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom